ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other driver walking away unharmed (physically) is going to be in for a rough time as well. I can't imagine the guilt. Just tragic from all sides.

Second SAE's thoughts about our unique privilege in the basketball world to see these talents come through here...even if they frustrate us, even if they aren't what we hoped, man, we're pretty damn lucky.

We've tragically lost a relatively large amount of players who played (or were about to play here) in the last 22 years or so... terrible.
  • Desmond
  • Stewart
  • Stone
  • Clarke
  • Benson

Terrence was penciled in for me early as an automatic favorite player. Last time I did that was MKG, who I named my dog after before he'd ever even set foot on campus.

It didn't work out obviously, and As a result + the team's struggles I was extra hard on him, which now just seems so fing stupid, and embarrassing.
Certainly what I'm feeling guilty about today.

Just to bring everything down again, my BIL, who is 36, had to get a lymph node biopsy yesterday, and although he won’t know the definite result within 1-2 weeks, the doctor said he is leaning toward lymphoma. Not great. If you’re the praying type, I’d appreciate you dishing one or two out for him.

Dk hit the nail on the head. I’m genuinely embarrassed at how I felt during the season about Clarke right now.

in a normal year in this program under normal circumstances I think he would have been an absolute stud and it would have been amazing seeing that contagious smile after a big play being cheered on by 20k of his biggest fans.

This is why parents say their best days are while their kids are at home, safe, under their parents protection. I can’t imagine getting that phone call or even worse seeing it on the news that your baby boy was just involved in a crash

We just have to be careful from now on. These are kids and I have to stop and remember that from now on. Clarke got the worst from the fan base and never experienced everything that is great about it. He didn’t get to play in front of a packed crowd. He didn’t get to walk out to cheers. He didn’t get to see all of the blue at the SEC tournament and an NCAA tournament game. Just so sad.

Reactions: roguemocha
Awful.

I think on the brighter side, hopefully, something this tragic can bring both our fanbase and team closer together as individuals and collectively. I mean, there's no other direction to go. LFG for Terrance, and dreams, and putting this program back where it belongs.

Watching our football team rally behind Josh and Schlarman was a beautiful thing.

I almost forgot about Oats.

The worst is that most of us thought he wasn't actually injured and just didn't want to play and hurt his stock. I know a lot of that was anger but kid didn't deserve that flack when he probably did want to play and was hurt. Just terrible all around.

Reactions: Catman100
Reports are that he wasn't wearing a seat belt. I hope that is wrong, but perhaps this will be a wake up call to all members of BBN to click that belt. It is a simple process that takes 2 seconds, and it can save your life. I already told my daughter this tragic story this morning with the added lesson that you should never be in a vehicle without your seatbelt on.

What a tragic, tragic day. RIP young man.

LAPD said he was speeding, tried to beat the red and ran it, got hit, lost control and caromed into a couple other things (a wall, I think?) resulting in multiple collisions. He was "not seatbelted properly," and I'm not 100% sure what that means, but man. Just a kid driving like, well, a kid. How awful.

-i cannot(don't want to) imagine what his Mom is feeling right now. As a parent of a 19 yo this is your greatest fear. Poor BJ...I pray he gets professional help to get through this.

-life is fragile. Everyone in this thread has sped/not paid enough attention/or worse while driving. Frankly, it's amazing some of us are still here. It only takes a couple of seconds for life to get turned on its head. Look after your people/love your neighbor to the best of your abilities.

-sports are sports. Fans are by definition irrational. Don't kick yourself around too much for something you may have said/thought...that does no good. Learn from it maybe,idk.

Last edited:
I don't understand in today's age where the car annoyingly pings you if you aren't wearing a seatbelt how people still don't wear them.

It says he was wearing it improperly so probably with the shoulder strap behind him. I can't think of another way you could be wearing it wrong.

I don't understand in today's age where the car annoyingly pings you if you aren't wearing a seatbelt how people still don't wear them.
I don’t understand it either but I’m the worlds worst about turning the music up to drown it out. It would literally take me two seconds but subconsciously I hate doing it

T-minus one year until my oldest is behind the wheel, I'll be a mess and my wife will be worse. She's a good kid but I can envision her speeding down the parkway looking at her cell phone.

Yeah, texting/driving is proven to be as bad, if not worse, than drunk driving. I really made an effort to cut it out 5-6 years ago, and stick to it pretty well...and also give anyone hell doing it when I'm a passenger.

Can't count how many times in any given DAY I look over and see (usually a girl) l speeding past with her eyes glued to her phone firing away - especially younger ones...and kids are already complete shit drivers without phones.

Last edited:
I really don't understand why phones aren't automatically designed to lock when the gps detects a certain speed has been exceeded.

If you're going over 10mph, 911 should be the only thing your phone can do.

I’m another one of those that can only think about the parents in these situations. What a nightmare. Also want my kids in a suburban or Yukon xl. I’m completely paranoid about car accidents. How terrible.
I now understand why my parents made sure I was in a full size.
I don’t know that it would have helped in this situation but it can never hurt IMO

I think it's sheer coincidence but he was driving the exact same vehicle that Tiger was when he had his wreck.

Another thing is people running red lights is quite normal it seems. I see it happen almost every drive home from work. There is one intersection on my route where people exiting the freeway make a left hand turn on to a major road. Two turn lanes worth of cars making this turn at rush hour keep coming and coming even after they get a red arrow. Sometimes cars are still turning through a red light 4 to 5 seconds after the opposite straight traffic have a green light. People in a big hurry disregarding rules meant to keep them safe.

Last edited:
Big city drivers give a courtesy “honk” just before they blow thru a red to let you know they’re not stopping. Because safety.

Reactions: Col. Angus
The crash video shows he was flying through the intersection and hit the wall so hard it knocked the left front tire off the wheel. Gone in a millisecond. Just tragic.

Reactions: catlanta33
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT