ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, when you think about the plight of Stifler in the Pie saga...would you rather:

1. Drink Kevin’s pale ale.
2. Get peed on/bathe the Stiffmeister
3. Eat dog shit
4. Bang Jim’s grandma by mistake thinking it was January Jones

I’ve seen multiple media members now credit Joel for getting Bam even though he committed a year before he became an assistant who can recruit.

Same thing with SGA who committed a month after he was promoted.

His real recruiting haul:
Hagans
Quickley
Keldon
Juzang
Boston
Askew
Clark
Now do his misses.

Hey Illinois you had a nice little season there. Let me just take all your good assistants.

-Kentucky

Last edited:
Reactions: Col. Angus
As far as recruiting and talent development goes, I think Cal fell victim to complacency; he has a little Tubby circa early 2000's in him -- sign em up and I'll make it work!. He is fantastic at coaching players up, and when you're getting top guys, the results are incredible. But when you're doing that outside of top five guys, you have to have an eye for talent/fit. Coach O is that eye when you're not getting surefire stars. Hope like hell we get him back on staff.

Can't see putting Strickland anywhere around this program. I had no idea what kinda baggage he came with until I listened to the "Crime in Sports" podcast that laid it all out. Always wondered why Irving didn't join his godfather, but it makes sense now, knowing what I know.

Cal made legit powerhouses out of UMass and Memphis; easy to forget that after the last 4-5 years, but I think (hope) this past season woke him up. The moves so far seem to indicate as much.

I don't care if JJ went to coach UNCG or ASU or GFYU, I'm happy as Larry Vaught interviewing the UK volleyball team in the showers to see him go.

Last edited:
I used to live in the part of Kansas where Madison Lily grew up. When I moved there in middle school I looked around and thought, "my God, the women here are so ugly". If Madison Lily isn't the prettiest woman that has ever come out of that place, she's definitely in the top 3.

That’s the sort of “Inside Baseball” stuff that makes GYERO the top message board thread on these internets

Go CATS!
XHzMS2.gif

Seems Rudd thinks a quick “would” thought is the same as going Larry Vaught creep mode.

Huge difference, IMO.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Fran is a complete psycho asshole who just wasted a legit once-in-a-lifetime Iowa roster.

<2 years for him there. They’re about to go from Top 5-10 national to bottom of the B1G

-Know I’m in the minority here Bc freshman, but TyTy is #1 on my ‘what’s left’ list. Has been for weeks.

Give me he & CJ (and/or Mintz obvs) and let’s gooooooo

Carr would be just fine tho

This is just like when Cal came to UK.

MEMPHIS ISNT READY TO LET HIM GO! THEY'RE OFFERING HIM EVERYTHING.

Watch the damn door. Shit's done

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT