ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clear as mud. I heard these mining facilities are being placed near dams because they're so loud and require so much energy. Wtf are they verifying that requires that amount of power? What is the value?
They're verifying bitcoin transactions by submitting educated guesses at a glorified game of "What number am I thinking of", which takes a sh*t ton of processing power. You're trying to be the first miner to correctly guess the hexadecimal number (or more precisely, the first to guess a number that is less than or equal to said number) that a bitcoin transaction generates. Once you've verified 1MB worth of transactions, you get paid for using your computer processing power, and all that that entails. And you get paid in, bitcoin.

Last edited:
Mining bitcoin isn't that complicated. You're being paid to verify bitcoin transactions. Well, your computer is doing the work, but YOU get paid. The issues are:

1. A LOT of other folks are doing it.

2. It takes a tremendous amount of processing power to verify transactions on a regular enough basis to make it worth it.

3. All of the other folks that were mentioned in Point 1 have a lot more processing power than you're likely able, or are willing to set up.

I actually understand that part, or rather that it takes Rich people and/or Massive Supercomputer setups to actually accomplish.

Just seems like bullshit.

“I’d give anything to get rid of Justus and Barbee”

giphy.gif

Who cares? As a non-loge guy, if they keep getting top 10 recruiting classes and winning 10 games they could tell me I’m not worth washing their jocks and I’d still be okay with it.

• Haha
Reactions: drxman1
Sorry Wayne, we don't trust you enough to drink a 16oz $10 Miller Lite on Saturday evenings.
22 year old Wayne once drank about a fifth of vodka before the Florida game and outside the stadium fell into a nice young family’s tailgate table Chris Farley style. I was then welcomed into commonwealth stadium with open arms where I sobered up in the sun. Had I had a slew of 16 oz Miller Lites waiting for me no telling what would have happened.

I’m not saying I don’t think we, the dirty masses, shouldn’t be able to buy beer at the game, but I understand the reluctance.

Granted, I entered that stage earlier than most, but it's one of the truly nice things about getting "older' ; your ability or "want" to give a f*ck about stuff like that, and what other people think or how they feel about you just melts away, year by year. It's quite liberating...

Hence my post a few days ago about burning a heater in my front yard while wearing a bathrobe, boxers, and slippers. It’s my yard, I keep it nice, eff you if you don’t like it. I’ve also been known to slip to the grocery store in UK sweat pants and a “Try Not To Suck” t-shirt. Not really worried about running into clients so who cares. I’ve fully embraced getting older, hair falling out and all.

Hence my post a few days ago about burning a heater in my front yard while wearing a bathrobe, boxers, and slippers. It’s my yard, I keep it nice, eff you if you don’t like it. I’ve also been known to slip to the grocery store in UK sweat pants and a “Try Not To Suck” t-shirt. Not really worried about running into clients so who cares. I’ve fully embraced getting older, hair falling out and all.
August just proved it’s a slippery slope.

Think of it all THIS way. Bitcoin is incentivizing people of means to invest in bitcoin, by putting up a lot of capital to obtain bitcoins. Thereby legitimizing it.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Had a guy do the same to us only in the stands.

I think it was the 7OT Arkansas game but I don’t truly remember now.

Everyone up screaming and cheering for some random play and this guy trying to jump up literally falls forward into us and slams onto the ground sending us into the family before us.

Of course they were uppity and bitching while me and my uncle were doing everything we could to get him up before security saw anything.

Big OL SOB too, his buddies were thankful as could be we were trying to help because that big fat drunk bastard was toast!

Mining crypto sounds about like dropping cable.

Adding Antigua would boost my big blue morale so much that adding that fashionista clown Brad would barely phase me. You know soon as O is hired, we’re adding 2-3 dawg ass pipe hitting mfers to our roster.

...assuming computer turd ass is gone which I’ve been assuming he will be for like 3 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT