ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of tall women in sports... my oldest daughter is short for her age, and is born at the absolute worst time from a date cutoff perspective for her rec softball team making her the youngest on the team this year. First day of practice in the oldest division, we get there a little early and there's two women out there throwing missiles to each other. Both play for Ballard (my daughter is in 6th grade), but they turned 15 a couple days after New Year's whereas my daughter turned 12 a few days before New Year's. Should be a fun season. 🙄

I played with black dudes growing up too. Hence why I’m so good at basketball. Me and my black brother Alan ran my court two on two for an entire summer, undefeated. Not sure why people don’t talk about an Etown Cardinal Creek legend more.

Heading to the boatyard to work on a sensor and hopefully that’s it. Don’t buy a boat gang, get a friend with one.
If it’s not fixed I won’t be able to take these hussies out this weekend.

Kids sports are great and stay totally fun throughout middle school
I'd coach tee/wee ball for life. It's an absolute hoot. The stuff they say just slays me. Once they get a little older and an attitude, no thanks.

I've been spending 1/2 an inning carrying a 5 year old back out to the outfield after every hit. He just flat refuses to stand in the grass. 🤣

Got back from Sedona for my 40th. Was absolutely amazing and can’t recommend enough

Folks bought a place in Sedona last year and spent most of the pandemic taking on the Sedona scene and riding horses everyday on the national park that backs up to their property. Looks absolutely beautiful and can't wait to get out there. But, before I head north, Ill be spending a couple days In Old Town in Scottsdale because that place is heaven on earth.

-Spent the cheese and got a Hermon Miller Aeron chair from other GYERO honk's recs. Good lord this thing does everything my old office chair didn't. No back pain, no shoulder pain, and no sweaty ass. It's like sitting on the lap of a 6' tall female UK volleyball player while I work in the office all day. Quite amazing really.

-I wish I had the high end pallet to truly tastes the different bold flavors of bourbon that others seem to be able to have. Occasionally I can taste some different tastes that really pop, but often it comes to down 3 judgements. Yep this tastes REALLY good, this taste pretty good, or this taste like a dog pissed in a bottle filled with liquid shit. Three levels of judgement and they truly show my Shelby County white trashy level of bourbon tasting. Hoping to spend more time with Geese this summer so he can teach me the ropes as he always has the stuff that tastes amazing.

-Haven't even put eyes on my Jeep in like 5 months. It may be time to get the old bitch out as soon as April Winter Storms end this week.

-#FireJoel

Last edited:
He's had a rough season, and especially of late, but pretty wild how fast Heat Twitter (and beyond) have turned on the boy Herro. He seems to be in the danger zone, their beat writers even going after him now.

Happy birthday to Huber. Hitler was born today too, he'd probably be a unc fan if he were still around but F him either way.
When I was in school, we had a teacher who used to make a big deal about kids birthdays and would talk about the famous people you shared a birthday with.

Everyone else had cool shared birthdays with Michael Jordan, Bo Jackson, one of the guys from Bel Biv Devoe, OJ Simpson, maybe a President or 2.

Wasn't cool to find out in front of the class that I shared a birthday with Hitler, Captain Sulu from Star Trek, and that dude Joey Lawrence from Blossom. One of the kids saying "Isn't Huber a German name? Are you related to Hitler?"

Not until I got to college did I fully understand how cool my 4/20 birthday was even though I shared it with a bunch of booger eaters. (Except for you Don Mattingly, you a real G)

Herro would have done better going to Utah or Sacramento imo.

OTOH every single one of us would be absolutely insufferable in his shoes. Some more than others, but to a GYEROMAN or GYEROWOMAN- insufferable

Reactions: roguemocha
~Yard looks like Augusta....finishing up a mow/edge after work w/ a nice pour on the deck is a Tim Taylor grunt moment. #doyourownyardclub

~For you golf hacks....Connemara is in excellent shape. Alltech has pumped some good funds into making that one of the best conditioned muni's in Lex area.

~This transfer portal rivals a flooded NBA free agency market. We're all gonna need an Athlon next season to catch up.

~Resorts World in LV opens June 24th.....and they take Hilton Honors points #cue up dancing banana. Might have to say see-ya to the Wynn.

~NYC cops on 12 hours days/7 days for now pending the Chauvin verdict. I can't imagine how the Minn. force is dealing with this.

#Masks
#Aliens
#Steph
#Chet

Reactions: HUBER
- Tied one on last night by accident. Stepdad was going on and on sitting on the deck watching Steph Curry go off so we had some beers. He never talks, mostly because I’m 100% business or being superdad and don’t really have much wiggle room.

Last night though, shew, he got to talking about adopting me because his daughters really like me as their step brother and he thinks I’d be a better brother and blah blah blah........let’s just drink some beers and let her rip!!!

My wife got a good laugh at my expense being tied up in this conversation of WTF!!!!

- The biggest difference for me tasting wise on bourbon is when it’s tannicky taste or ethanol.

I do pickup cinnamon in Stagg Jr and some sort of coffee in a Stagg, but I absolutely suck at tasting notes for the most part.

- Round 2 with the architects today. Apparently one of the structural guys is a former Vendome employee and after studying my equipment package realized that my still will be able to produce 60,000 barrels a year at maximum capacity.

Damn right it will! What’s the problem?!?

- Tried to book my St Augustine spot yday, but they are booked until mid august when the kids will be back in school.........except for the condo that’s for sale.

Wheels spinning ever since.

- I wish I had 3-5 hours alone to golf, fish, meditate or even sleep at this point. I got so many things happening at every angle of my life that my brain just won’t turn off and let me sleep.

Something’s gotta give!

Yes that stretch when we had our first 2 kids within 19 months and I was doing my best as a new dad while they were little because my dad passed while we were pregnant with our first child, and I refused to give them an alcoholic for a father like I had.

Then dealing with my oldest being diagnosed a type 1 diabetic.

What a 6-7 year stretch of not over doing it.

Even still, they never see me the way I saw my dad regardless of my dream chasing ways.

I’m damn proud of that too!

Think you're good for today, Rogue. If not, can you just edit & add to the last of your 17 posts today, so that you no longer interrupt the flow of a rare great GYERO morning?
Hey man I get it, I got up at 6 to take this chick to the airport, then ran a buddy to work at 7, then dropped a group of 30 off for a boat day, it’s been a long one and I was bored. I’ll let you guys take it from here.

Speaking of Hitler, went deep in on "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich". I recommend the audio book for that btw as it's a six book set. One key learning: Marge Schott was wrong about him being "good at first. And not even in the sense that he allegedly did a few good things really early on but later went bad. He was bad, like really bad from the time he took power, even when Germany was building some highways and people getting back to work. You Reds fans should be cancelled.

Reactions: roguemocha
Lol. You mean the dude that crushed hipsters and crafties but always eats in Nulu? The guy that wears an oxford and loafers to casually watch sports? The guy that has a membership to one of the top clubs in the State but doesn't golf? The guy who reeks of veiled racism when he talks about his brief experience with the OMG West End?

Sounds like a good old down to earth blue collar dude. Truly, one of the people.

To be fair, Richie does belong to the Pendinnis Club, which employs a BUNCH of colored people. They even let them wear cute little suits and white gloves.

10-pack:

- Controversial I know, but I much prefer a good pair of yoga pants to volleyball shorts. Goes against conventional wisdom. All timer- give me the tennis skirt.

- April weather ain’t worth a shit. Every year you people forget and that’s why your plants get killed.

- Cut Copy’s “Where I’m Going” will always put a little hop in my step. Jamey Johnson’s “In Color” makes me wistful and Radiohead’s “High and Dry” leaves me wanting to enjoy a drink by myself.

- It’s funny when I mentioned I was going to be a dad and all you were pumping me up and not a one of you sandbagging MFers mentioned what it’s like when they get sick for the first time.

- Few things in my life - maybe a big NCAA Tournament game, pregaming before a big night out when all your boys were in town at age 25, wedding weekend PERHAPS - matched the unbridled joy and anticipation of opening an entire bix of baseball cards when you were a kid.

- I could be off but I truly believe the asian hate crimes media surge is just giving the dirtball pieces of shit in our society a new idea.

- Why can I still remember every damn one of my best friends’ parents landline telephone numbers? Try me. They’re all on lock. Readily available.

- When I was 18 and wanted an ice cold Killians Red draught, the kind servers at the Blue Wisp Jazz Bar in downtown Cincinnati were always happy to oblige and I’ll always appreciate their hospitality. Unlike those F-sticks at Two Keys Tavern.

- Richie’s not wrong about bourbon and Anth’s not wrong about Richie. Nothing wrong with any of it, though.

- My dog turned 5 today. Best boy in the world.

"In Color" is an all time country song imo - glad he kept that one for himself, it's just perfect.

Bonus points that it's a relatively easy cover for any dude with a decent voice & guitar. Seems like it's always in the rotation at any simple setting like that, and always a hit - Eli Barron staple w/ the two dudes who always play a few tunes late night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT