ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Hesitate to post this but I just wasn't a fan of the recent Down Home Rye. SORRY! I greatly appreciated the opportunity to buy a GYERO six degrees of separation group pick and rooting for all the success for the brand. Anyway, I love the complexity of ryes in general -- but this left me wanting more. Palate reminded me of those 3 & 4 YO Willett Family Estate bottles with that lemon butter mouth feel. And the finish just disappeared, IMO. As a frequent high proofer bourbon degenerate, it has to check certain boxes. I was excited to dip in, esp with a 9 YO BP rye. Just wasn't my jam.
Wow, crazy to read your opinion of the Private Selection 9 Year Old Down Home Rye.

It’s gotten pretty good reviews so far.

It’s hot. Big caramel and spice up front, cinnamon and red hots finish with some heat at 117proof.

I’ve never heard anybody talk about a lemon butter mouth feel to it, but he’s entitled to his opinion. Geese kind of occupies a lonely space with his bourbon hot takes.

We got the best barrel available.

All those guys are a foot shorter than him. The last dunk was against a middle schooler.
tRXVfEg.jpg

Last edited:
He played for the same team at Jalen Suggs and they blew out Sierra Canyon last year.

Most of the clips in that Twitter video are from his sophomore and junior years.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I welcome all feedback, and I try not to be defensive about my brand so props for offering an honest opinion.

That said I’d welcome Geese to come out and try all my shitty bourbon/rye to see the face he makes after getting a mouthful of lemon butter.

Say when!

Maybe a little sour grapes here, but I'm glad Chet isn't coming to UK.

I wouldn't be able to watch a single game for fear of seeing him go down with a gruesome leg injury.

Chet lit up Emoni Bates, who's considered to be the sure fire #1 pick when he comes out. Chet is easy to pick on for his looks but the honkey can ball. You all will find out soon enough.
He looks slow as shit to me. That's my issue with him. I don't care how big of a goofball he is.

Reactions: 80 Proof
  • Chet is Praying Mantis McClung. Eff that dude. He’ll put up 30-10 against the Dons and St Mary’s culminating in a second round Zag bounce from tourney by Shitbird St.
  • You'd think that by having one of the best OLines in the country would finally attract a QB who’s elite. That is the puzzle piece that is desperately needed.
  • The opportunity of being a 1-2 grade little league coach is only afforded to me because of the pandemic. (Thanks, China)...Tonight, opening game - a kid on my team with spectrum autism smacked the shit out of my pitch about 25’ into the outfield grass. He was so proud, I ran to him and game him the ball. Life’s good stuff, y’all.
  • My little redhead raked too. Solid liners...His big brother (9 years older), may be smart and track dude - but was a miserable failure at baseball. Advantage: redhead.
  • Parker’s Heritage Rye is a flavor bomb.

Like I said, I was excited to try a 9 YO BP rye.

I felt burned on a Total Wine SAOS MGP rye pick a while back too. Was hoping it was an exception and wanted another shot.

It wasn't a shot, but I can see why you took it personally. I drink a lot of shit and I'm glad you're doing well with your business. But it was thin, IMO.

Anyone else that has tried it can speak for themselves but I'm letting you know what I thought in a respectful takeaway. Take it or leave it.

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I thanked you for your opinion, and invited you out to try some different barrels. I have plenty.

Not sure how you read that as me taking it personal hoss, but I will enjoy whatever facial expression I see that equate to a mouthful of lemon butter.

By chance do you like Whistle Pig Ryes?

- Steph Curry is Got dang amazing!

Reactions: Geese Feeder
I assume Gonzaga is going to stash Chet on the pine where he will dutifully wait his chance where he comes out a junior all American.

I was able to grab a couple 4 year SAOS Cask Strength Single Barrel Rye. Haven’t opened it yet but have heard good things.

I’m loving some NBA, and can’t wait for the playoffs to carry through the summer.

But if Memphis can’t get their collective heads out of their ass to make the playoffs I’ll be clamoring for the coach to GTFO.

In OT tonight, less than a minute to play and winning 125-122 dumbass Grayson Allen misses a dunk then Ja misses a shot next time down, so of course the nuggets hit a 3 and we are in a 2nd OT.

Damn it!

- I mean maybe ol Lar was onto something with the volleyball team. There’s some smoke on that team and they’re obviously really good. IS IT OK TO COMPLIMENT ATTRACTIVE FEMALES NOW OR DOES IT DEEM CANCELLATION?

- Had a blast in Lexington on Saturday. Lass and I checked out the Distillery District early evening. Went to Elkhorn Tavern and then walked over to Fusion Brewing. Neat area with the 3 breweries and 2 distilleries all within walking distance.

Checked out 21c for a few pre dinner cocktails. Bar area is really cool. Good vibe in the place after Keeneland.

Ruby’s.... Place is dope. Bar area flowing onto that covered patio. New York Strip medium rare, Ruby Roll, Mac N Cheese. Multiple Peronis. The Kentucky Room is pimp shit with the championship trophy replicas and other cool paintings.

- Heady times ahead for Kentucky football. The talent and depth flowing through the program is unprecedented. Proof that you can come to Kentucky and get drafted highly is there. The Cats will have multiple draft picks next week. If Cohen hits and we finally get well above average QB play there’s no reason we can’t have another 9 win regular season soon .

- Need the basketball announcements to pop soon. It’d be nice to get some positive momentum prior to Derby. For whatever reason in the past it always seemed like major announcements happened in and or around Derby Week. Antigua, Mintz and a big time grad transfer would be a nice start.

Of course this happens but, been talking to a couple gals and one is coming down this weekend Thursday through Sunday and then the other texts me and says, hey guess what we got more vaxs and I’ll be there this weekend...juggling isn’t hard but it’s complicated.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Y’all ready for the snow this evening? Knew we’d have to pay for the good early weather. All I had to do was spend 4-6 hours landscaping last Saturday.

Wonder what Derby Day has in store for us? Cain’t have nuthin’.

Of course this happens but, been talking to a couple gals and one is coming down this weekend Thursday through Sunday and then the other texts me and says, hey guess what we got more vaxs and I’ll be there this weekend...juggling isn’t hard but it’s complicated.
I hate to hear that for ya, rogue. Puppies

Reactions: roguemocha
  • You'd think that by having one of the best OLines in the country would finally attract a QB who’s elite. That is the puzzle piece that is desperately needed.

At some point in your HC career, either you or your OC would have had to have shown a specific style of play that was conducive to attracting said elite QB, and had the elite QB perform at a high level. The o-line is the last thing an elite QB looks at when picking a school, b/c they usually already have that in place.

There's your puzzle piece.

By chance do you like Whistle Pig Ryes?

I'm not a Whistle Pig fan, but have a 15 Year Old WP Id be happy to trade with someone.

What I am a fan of? Down Home Rye 9 Year of course. So good that just one sip will make your nipples hard. Probably because of the lemon butter.

Last edited:
Hey colleague, thanks for reaching out! I'd love to touch base sometime. If you'd like to set up a Zoom call, just click on my Calendly link and we can circle back when you're available. I've got my availability up to date and have at least 2-3 10-minute windows open next month or later on in the 3rd quarter because I'm just that incredibly busy and successful. Thank you so much and get pumped!

-The Old Fo was tasty and plentiful this last weekend with strong notes of delicious bourbon. Stopped in Walgreens yesterday and saw no shortage of the wet good. Will buy another bottle soon.

-I am about ready for some mint juleps though. Really big fan of the Maker's tbh.

-Buddy signing us up for the Audubon Member Guest in July, so really looking forward to that. Grew up playing that course and it's still a favorite. Pretty sure that weekend will cost me a few years of my life but it'll be worth it.

-New Toro 30" set for delivery this week. /eek

-Guilted gyerolurker into getting me another slot in June's publication. May 5th deadline. Think I know where I'm going with it but the creative process does what it wants. We'll see.

-A volleyball championship would be really cool. Go Cats.

-Related, I absolutely worship tall women. Something that's grown with age, because as a younger man my omnipotent ego wouldn't allow myself to have a taller girlfriend. Freaking idiot. I remember older men back then telling me to date such and such (taller girl) and my recoiling at that the thought. Turns out those guys knew what they were talking about.

-Working on some custom made power K gear (for personal use). It's pretty remarkable that in 2021 one has to create his own UK gear, but F it. I'm done messing around. I know what I want and what I like.

-Get this Iowa kid and Jackson returns (lol), I'm ALL IN.

-Cold weather and allergies can GTFO.

I welcome all feedback, and I try not to be defensive about my brand so props for offering an honest opinion.

That said I’d welcome Geese to come out and try all my shitty bourbon/rye to see the face he makes after getting a mouthful of lemon butter.

Say when!
Perfect attitude man, love that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT