ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Fully vaxxed, and ready to rock. Had a 1-day post-Moderna #2 hangover yesterday, but I think I'm in the clear now.

* Are you more of a "touch base," or a "reach out" kinda guy?

* Top 5 80Proof putdowns...

1> turd burglar
2> pillow biter
3> crotch sniffer
4> butt muncher
5> fart wrangler

* Overheard the Doctor Dre and Snoop Doggy Dogg's eponymous 1990's hit "Nuthin' But A G Thang" on the radio this weekend, and I remembered how happy I am to have matured past the point of enjoying such juvenile, boorish music.

* Speaking of Juvenile, he was just awarded the key to my city:

link: Back That Ass Up

* Watched the WeWork documentary on Hulu this weekend. It's always enjoyable to watch billionaires blindly get suckered into losing their money. Totally comfortable with how that all went down.

* Anyone who suffers from "moderate to severe plaque psoriasis" seems to be taken care of, but what about the rest of the less inflicted crowd?

* <-- has been intimately involved in producing small-ish events during the course of the pandemic -- around 2-500 people. You spend 50x as much thought and effort and time putting together a COVID mitigation, safe practices, healthy protocols, social distancing strategy with the permitting authorities as you do on hosting the actual event. And when the day of the event comes, here's an important note --> NOBODY gives a flying F, least of all the police whose job it is to enforce these ridiculous rules.

* Welcome back, Belle's Cocktail House.

* Random: one of the nicest small towns (population: 9,500) I've ever driven thru is Trinidad, Colorado. I was shocked at how nice the downtown/main street area was. Beautifully restored old buildings, well designed and landscaped/hardscaped streets, parks, etc. It happens to be the closest town that borders New Mexico, Texas, and Kansas -- and thus, is #1 in the country is weed sales per capita. So there ya go.

* The Tottenham spurs sacked their manager of 17 years this weekend. Not that any of us give AF, but "sacked" is a great term for firing your coach. I'd like to see Americans adopt this.

Be pretty happy to steal that "ole" cheer/chant, too.

* Other things skyrocketing in cost --> rental cars.

* "Unfortunately, the killer was already in the house.....and her name is Little Debbie." Boom, roasted.

Last edited:
I don't have that much of an issue with it in theory, I just think UK handled it poorly. Saying there was no spring game this year while actually having one and secretly inviting select fans, albeit donors, is just bad optics. It (again) shows complete disregard for BJW and could have been avoided IMO.

-Focus on downtown if you want, but I mean Louisville in general sucks right now, sad to say. I don't feel great about being in some areas whereas before I never thought twice about it. It doesn't have anything to do with covid or protests, rather general societal rot (and drugs).

-Focus on downtown if you want, but I mean Louisville in general sucks right now, sad to say. I don't feel great about being in some areas whereas before I never thought twice about it. It doesn't have anything to do with covid or protests, rather general societal rot (and drugs).
Norton Commons is still pretty safe. Move on out here!

UK said they weren't having a BW game, but did it for some boosters.

They announced a media day, but cancelled it the day before it was supposed to happen.

Their current fundraising campaign is called "every wildcat" hoping to raise a little money from a lot of people.

Barnhart has actually shit-talked to the fans for not buying enough tickets, and called us names for wanting to win at football.

We are the only SEC team that didn't have a spring game.

People keep saying it's to keep the new offense wrapped up, but the playbook has been used for years in the nfl.

Were on the tail end of a year of lockdowns, the worst basketball season in over a century, and a tough football season. Give us something we can be happy about. Don't lie to us, tell us we don't do enough, then shut us out of the festivities while bragging about letting some fans be involved. That doesnt mean open CWS to everyone, but at least stream the scrimmage on the internet to all season ticket holders or let the media do their thing for it. This is a perfect example of how tone deaf UK is to it's fanbase at large. MB has been a great AD in most every aspect, but his fanbase relations deserve an F due to garbage like this.

- Spent Saturday in Louisville for the first time in a long while. Ate and the wife shopped on Bardstown for a while and it was pretty busy. Downtown is just weird right now.

- Again, UK doesn't care what anyone outside of coaches, media partners and donors think about anything... and their actions show it. Everything else they do is just lip service.

- 20th wedding anniversary coming up early this summer and trying to plan a getaway. 20 years doesn't even seem like it could be real.

Each job he is “supposedly” in the mix for keeps declining bit by bit. At this pace, he will have to settle for a high school job which ironically is what he is most qualified for.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Download Coinbase. That’s about as simple as I can break it down to you. Or Robinhood if you’re just wanting to do Bitcoin or etherium
If you all didn’t get in on that dogecoin I guess I’ll be the first billionaire in GYERO. Got in at .5 and it’s at .38-ish now. To the motherf******g 🌙 moon!

I usually hate white basketball player who don’t go to UK but I’ve been all in on the CHET train since he became #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT