ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could do a better job of apprehending people without killing them.

Go from here where you personally feel you need to go.
Stay in your lane...terrible apparel, cheap bourbon and blowing Tiger. You're out of your league on this topic.

On Cal’s behalf. He’s been extremely supportive of Stoops and UK football, as well as all the other programs. If you see a Yahtzee, do not expect any UK basketball news that day. Cal allows each program to have their limelight and I respect that a great deal.

Also on Cal’s behalf:

Turned our program around on a dime from embarrassment to national contender in a month.

National Championship

Four Final 4s

Seven E8s in 10 years we had a tournament.

How quickly some people forget.

On our way to Asheville last spring, some liquor store in Tennessee had Michters 20 on the shelf for $2k.

I don’t know what’s the bigger sham right now- baseball cards or bourbon.

It retails at 6-700, and the cheapest I remember a M20 retail for was $550.

Here I am training legs at the gym this morning listening to Beiber Radio on Spotify. Who would’ve guessed that ten years ago? Kid has really come around and makes some good tunes these days.

• Haha
Reactions: gobigbluebell
Intentions, Peaches, Love Yourself, Holy, etc are some hitters. If you can’t enjoy those you’re still mad at him for Baby or something, idk.

*Cool night last night. Celebrated a buddy becoming an American citizen. With all the hoops and $ it cost him to do it the legal way, he hates the thought of people jumping the line. His words.

Same dude is killing it in the bourbon secondary market. I have no idea how the ABC hasn't cracked down on that.

Ended up getting sneaky drunk. Only had a 6 pack but didn't eat at the party.

What wasn't cool is me going to work at 5 this morning. Awful.

*Janet Jackson's "What have you done for me lately" comes ro mind when discussing Calipari. I think he'll get it together. Maybe.

*Had PVW 15 ($40/pour) for the 1st time. Didn't disappoint.

Sometimes I’ll accidentally throw a recyclable item like a can in the regular garbage but then to make up for it I’ll throw something that isn’t recyclable into the recycling so I guess I’m just out here doing my part for a better planet.

Reactions: CSC81 and SAECATFAN
Same dude is killing it in the bourbon secondary market. I have no idea how the ABC hasn't cracked down on that.

Why would they? The secondary is allowing distilleries to charge more and still be “low” so there is no pressure on that side.

The Van Winkles supposedly tried but then their products got temporarily banned from secondary groups which made the price of those bottles go even higher.

It’s actually great to see stupid people spend stupid money.

I just wish I stocked up on my GTS 2017 before they went to $800 a bottle.

Also on Cal’s behalf:

Turned our program around on a dime from embarrassment to national contender in a month.

National Championship

Four Final 4s

Seven E8s in 10 years we had a tournament.

How quickly some people forget.

Ok and at UK Basketball the right person in this era it’s that easy. That’s why what Stoops is doing is so amazing. He can’t just land the #1 top 3-4 guys and change the football program.

I understand those that want to bring up the titles from the past, but none of that is comparable to not just turning around our football team, but maintaining the success.

No one has been able to do that except Bear in the late 40s early 50s which isn’t even close to today’s landscape at UK.

I hate that these types of comparison make it sound as if one side isn’t appreciated, I love what Cal has done and the history that Rupp brings and I know we all appreciate Stoops too, overall.

SPRING HILL, Tenn. — For most of Destin and Keaten Wade’s time in high school, the Tennessee influence was unavoidable.

“The librarians, the secretaries, they’re all Tennessee fans,” Destin Wade said Friday. “They’ve been trying to persuade me.”

Added Summit High School coach Brian Coleman: “They’re people pleasers, so that was the pressure on ’em. Everybody around here is Tennessee fans, mostly. And they don’t want to let anybody down. But at the end of the day, it’s their choice. It’s their fit.”

The first students to arrive at the Wade twins’ commitment ceremony Friday afternoon were both wearing Power T logos, with one bearing the signature orange. They were hopeful the two four-star class of 2022 recruits would commit to the Vols. But if they had their ear to the ground in recent weeks, they also knew that while Tennessee’s day might come eventually, that day was not going to be today, even if Josh Heupel and the new Tennessee staff made a push.

“(Heupel) wasn’t on the job very long before he was calling,” Coleman said. “He was calling me, he was calling them. He definitely pursued ’em.”

All that influence? A late effort from Heupel and his staff to persuade them? Just like the two Tennessee hats sitting on the table, the Wades shrugged them off. Instead, they snatched the blue Kentucky hats before standing and taking off their gray Summit High zip-up pullovers to reveal black Kentucky shirts underneath.

Of course, the blue-and-white balloons flanking the stage had already tipped the choice.

Two more of the 14 four-star prospects within the state of Tennessee in the class of 2022 in the 247Sports Composite won’t be heading to Rocky Top, barring a flipped commitment in the eight months before the early signing period begins. After their unofficial visit to Lexington last weekend, the Wades made up their mind and verbally committed to Kentucky on Friday.

How’d it happen?

“The sense of family, how they treated us and made us feel like a priority in their class and just the overall scheme and fit they had for us,” Keaten Wade said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT