ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit for basketball season not to start after the first semester ended. One of the biggest fake complaints about extending the college football playoffs is that it would extend into two semesters. Ok, but playing the conference championship game 36 hours before a final isn't a problem, got it.

If the Power 5 conferences break away it would make sense. It opens up the months of April and May to TV money when there's nothing really going on then sports wise. Play an 18-20 game conference schedule, have a few built in cross conference battles, throw in some big ticket mini tournaments at football stadiums, eliminate 90% of the filler games like EKU and have the season end on derby day. Makes it a one semester sport, eliminates a month and a half of competition for eyes, creates more marketable games, and potentially gets a few viewers fiending for sports.

Reactions: CatManDoo
Waffled a bit back and forth but ultimately said the hell with it and booked flights for my dad and I to Chicago for game 3... Dad doesnt know yet but assuming i can find tickets now- it should be a nice little roadie.

Debating going up for 4 and 5. Frontier out of Raleigh for $58 round trip, taxes included. Even if I can't get in Wrigley, possibly clinching and being at a bar in Wrigleyville? Shew.

Scratch is at least better than this thing.

Stitches1-575x447.jpg
This should have been or mascot 2005-2007. Then again in 2013. Pussy cats.

Don't get me wrong- I don't want May Madness. I'm just saying it used to be late November when games started. Nowadays, it's like Nov 5. I wouldn't mind pushing the NCAA back a week.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
Finally officially backed out of going to the game. It's ridiculous that it takes until 1:30 to get home after a Saturday game. I can't imagine how bad it will be on a Thursday. I saw that Luke Bryan shit on TV. No thanks. I have ESPN.

Yea I don't want more basketball because frankly it will cut into my rom-com schedule and I don't have time for that.

Good grief, Mattox. First Thursday night game ever at Commonwealth with a teed up atmosphere for the taking and you're sitting out because of traffic?

You're an attorney who works for yourself, right? If ya need to sleep in a little on Friday, do it.

Man, today was the first time I've been UK level emotionally invested in a baseball game.

Leggo Jays. Finish this shit.

I'm off Friday. Wife and I are going to rake leaves and put the lawn to bed for the season.

I don't know if you've noticed, but every game has been a night game this season. Thursday is just a gimmick for TV. Only difference it will make at the actual game is that the tailgating will suck and there will be 20,000 empty seats until about the second quarter.

You know what's awesome about sports? The script always changes. You never know what's going to happen. No one could've scripted that 7th inning...not in a million years. Crazy plays, multiple errors, controversial rulings, a texas leaguer, a massive home run and epic bat flip. Oh yeah and benches clearing twice.

Sports are the best.

You're right, Mattox. A Thursday night game for a program like ours is all fluff & gimmickry. There's no legit reason to be excited about this opportunity. Just meh.

I hope I'm not wrong about my afternoon commute because I plan on working until 5 and running home before the game.

Risky move but I think I'll be ok.

Yes, such a huge deal that we literally had to be forced by the SEC to play a Thursday home game. It's good TV exposure, although not what it once was now that the NFL goes head-to-head, but the tailgating/gameday experience will take a big hit. Hence, while I'll just watch at home. If the game were on Saturday, I'd go.

And I'm not shitting on the game, I just personally don't want to go for reasons unrelated to the actual team. It's a big game. Win and we may go to a bowl game where you can wear a t-shirt and shorts.

Thursday night game sucks for people who live out in the state. Just hard for most people to take off 1-1/2 to 2 days of work for a home football game.

I don't go to games anymore...blah, blah, blah...but still. I'd probably go if it were Saturday night. Just impossible for a Thursday night. Have to pick up 05 at practice at 730. And 08 has stuff going on tomorrow as well.

Reactions: CoolCat45
Can't speak for Mattox but we're certainly not letting a Thursday night kickoff affect our tailgating/GameDay experience in the least. Most of us are taking at least a half day off and are pretty psyched about it, really. Late afternoon traffic will suck for a lot of folks but we'll already be there by then anyway.

- Could be that the game is both awesome and inconvenient.

- Still not sure how Encarnacion developed into a consistent 35-40 HR guy.

Reactions: CoolCat45
Mets Dodgers Game 5 will definitely be dope. Greinke on the mound. Both of the Game 5s have been great so far. Johnny Cueto pitching well. October baseball is great.

Have fun taking your kids to school Friday.

<- as soon as it came out, scheduled vacation for Thursday and Friday FTW

One of the guys I was on with this afternoon was an assistant for UT when they were recruiting Skal... Some of the shit he told me about the handler would make you cringe, Skal has no clue what a turd he was with if true

Our saving grace may be The degree of separation Skal was from his actions, "completely oblivious"

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT