ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Good Luck to the Llama crew. Sorry, bud.

-If I'm the Tony you're referencing nothing could be falser about Sundays. I'll have 3-4 drinks around dinner but I'm asleep or reading in bed by 10p and I rarely get "smashed" anymore. Pretty certain you're the last one to be casting drinking stones these days, bubbly. You've been Fairdale drunk for 3 months.

Yellowstone fans: Talk me into keeping it going -- 4 eps in, while I love the setting, it's pretty ridiculous in the early stages, imo...how many things can happen to Kayce in a few days? Beth's forced character alone is nearly enough to make me stop watching.

Seems like everyone loves this show, kinda surprised nobody has had any of these same issues with it tbh - or maybe it just starts slow. Breaking Bad was pretty wack at first too, imo.

Its completely over the top and not believable but it gets more entertaining. I believe if you look at reviews from actual critics- the consensus is that its fairly bad TV... its like a modern soap opera for dudes.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Speaking of rape, I see this story out of Northern Kentucky (a peculiar geographical region with bad pizza, worse accents, and proximity to historically bad professional sports) where the 23 year old female teacher is charged with rape for having sex with a 15 year old male student 4 times this summer.

I really struggle with this tbh. I mean, I am not saying what she did was harmless, but that boy obviously enjoyed or else it wouldn't have happened that many times. Fire her, sure. Prison and sex offender status? RAPE? Come on.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
:joy: mutual bubbers.

Very hurtful that one of my best friends would automatically assume I'm texting behind his back.

-There were at least 2 teachers of mine I would have risked anything to bang as a 14-17 year old, and I assume most normal male teenagers feel the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAECATFAN
* Don’t own any shoes made of wool. FYI it’s 2019.

* Biscuit Bitch (Seattle, WA). Currently waiting in line and realizing that people love restaurants with personality.

* That’s 3-4 stiff, hard straight liquor drinks, too. Which interventionist should we call in for the impending reality show?

I vote Jeff Van Vondren. He’s dope af.

* Pike Place market — saw some asshole in a Che T-shirt selling reusable glass straws, with an optional organic carrying case.

Nope.

* The Pioneers (McCullough) is great. Marietta, Ohio is where my dads family is from, and where I lived before moving to Kentucky. Random.

* $7 all you can drink Icehouse and well bourbon. Man, those were the days.

* Running the venerable Cascade Crest 100 on Saturday. I’ll link my spot tracker, or you can follow me on ESPN47. Holler.

I really struggle with this tbh. I mean, I am not saying what she did was harmless, but that boy obviously enjoyed or else it wouldn't have happened that many times.

I have this same thought, and then I switch the genders and get conflicted. It's complicated.

PTI(pti) going to be right there next week. Fly into SeaTac Thursday and camping at Kachess Lake Thursday night. Looks like the course runs right by there.

Friday AM on to the Gorge for 3 days of DMB, friends, and fun.

Man I love that area of the country.

Icehouse. Man. Those were the days...

The whole “ice beer” phenomenon was weird and I never really understood it other than the accepted science of “it has like 3 times the alcohol, man”.

Really think there’s a spot for a local crafty operation to fill- ice cold ice crafties.

Reactions: wcc31
Some notes from today's Jefferson Co. Alumni Kickoff Luncheon at the Marriott:

-SNACKDOWN: The lady never took my salad plate or brought me my meal while everyone else at the table got theirs, so obviously it's whatever.

-Dr. Capiluto is a stud. Dude gave a pretty powerful talk about what makes UK special, with a good anecdote about "grit and grace." Grit in that the University isn't perfect, but is resilient and achieves in spite of critics and limitations. Grace in that UK people are kind, generous, and recognize the school's responsibility in the state. University FOR Kentucky, not OF Kentucky. Poor paraphrasing, but really well done on his behalf.

-Largest freshman class ever. Students from all 120 counties, 49 states, and 57 countries (sorry, xenophobes). Good stuff.

-Stoops was the most comfortable I have seen him at that event, and was easily the most entertaining. "Recruiting is like shaving, do it every day or you'll look like crap," and referencing his fatness/baldness as indicators of his stress levels. Joked that he was done rambling because he was "starting to sound like Coach Cal." Really good. Afraid he's growing into a big time type coach right before our eyes. Perhaps he'll stick around, though.

-Jarmon interviewed him. He said our front 7 on defense is as big, powerful, and deep as it's ever been here. Terry is balling. Secondary is inexperienced but talented; will find ways to win every game and every season, won't always look the same. Have to run the ball and stop the run to win in the SEC. Not interested in going back. Frankly, Jarmon is a good dude but his questions sucked.

-Packed house. Moving it back from July to late August helped avoid summer vacations/kids out of school.

-Black & Blue will be aired on Fox Sports South 4x this fall.

-Navy blazer (K Fund lapel pin), blue oxford, khaki slacks, weejuns. :fire:

-Governor's Cup was proudly on display. :sunglasses:

-Leggo. :football:

Last edited:
Just did some research and Bud Ice is still killing it.

Also- remember when Keystone’s pitch was “bottled beer taste in a can” and we all bought it?

90s, man...

Thanks for reading my podcast. This has been “MaxPowerrr on Dumb Beer”. Tune in next week for my take on the Red Dog beer label and From Zima to Claws- how girl drinks won suffrage.

My 90's beer choice depended on what kind of mood I was in or what my dad kept in the garage fridge.

If I was spinning hip hop jams, I was drinking St. Ides.

If sports was on the agenda, Coors all/air

Just in a goofy mood, I was reaching for a bud-light

Reactions: WynnDuffy
Anyone have the allbirds loungers. I'm good on sneakers but the loungers have me intrigued.
I was gifted a pair but I burned them because they are gay as F.

image_handler.aspx

https://ukathletics.com/feature/rupprenovation

The Planet in Johnson City Tennessee on Thursdays. $2 cover. Unlimited beer.. shew

Those hilljacks could go.

Keystone Ice and Ripped Fuel were my baseline go-to’s in college.

The ephedrine content in original Ripped Fuel back then was absurd. Was essentially legal crystal meth available from your local GNC meathead.

Look at those frosty mountains.

0071990477140_CL_default_default_large.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT