ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son had a brief baseball practice in a storm last night. No one was killed but it got interesting for a minute. Baseball Dad Coach gives no effs.

HIS REVIEW OF BASEBALL: "Fun but boring." Which ... yeah. After firing a decent throw from shortstop to first, he was tried at pitcher, which he also proclaimed as "boring." He then came home and immediately did soccer drills in the house for 30 minutes. Soooo not sure we're gonna turn into a Three Chums household.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
-my understanding so far is that small private is alot more likely to give scholarship/aid...in short its possible to pay similar $'s for state school.

-there is a trend amongst some of the hoi polloi of going to out of state state schools.
Its literally the worst deal of all.

Marketing ploy. Give a modest scholarship then bank on them losing it at some point or raise tuition enough over 4 years to cover it.

Depending on the focus it possibly could be. 50k per year for teaching or communication degree. If it's a school specific major then I get it.

* A little fact checking about compound interest/time value of money. If you invest $500/month for 18 years, your future account will be worth...

$280,000 (10%)
$185,000 (6%)

....20 years worth of inflation or not, if you can't send your kid to school at UK for that, you're a terrible parent, you're terrible with money, and you're an idiot.

Reactions: jameslee32
* A little fact checking about compound interest/time value of money. If you invest $500/month for 18 years, your future account will be worth...

$280,000 (10%)
$185,000 (6%)

....20 years worth of inflation or not, if you can't send your kid to school at UK for that, you're a terrible parent, you're terrible with money, and you're an idiot.
The default assumption is a 5% annual tuition increase. UK would cost $245k in 18 years with those numbers. And a 6% return puts it at ~$570/month.

Understand.

They’re selling the “total cost of attendance.”

I get it, but that’s essentially adding up tuition, books, and an MTV Cribs lifestyle that very few people I know were fortunate to receive.

Tell your kid to get a F’ing job. Cut it back to about $200/month. Profit.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Thoughts on Pittsburgh? Attending the wedding of one of Bonzo’s old makout buddies there on Saturday. Staying downtown.

I’m sure it will be fine. It’s just after visiting Venezia and the rest of Italia, it’s difficult to avoid feeling like I’m slumming it a bit. Always had similar feelings driving down 71 to see BBdK when I lived in Mt. Adams.

One of the best things about "MLB The Show" is that you can do home run celebrations on there that would get you killed in real life.

One of the dumbest things about "MLB The Show" is that you can't play it on XBox. Which means baseball is losing a huge chunk of interest from U15 Boys. Pretty stupid marketing plan to be honest.

One of the dumbest things about "MLB The Show" is that you can't play it on XBox. Which means baseball is losing a huge chunk of interest from U15 Boys. Pretty stupid marketing plan to be honest.
Sony makes The Show, they aren't going to put it on Microsoft's machine. MS is free to make a baseball game if they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT