ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you upperdeck those things?
109ky0.jpg

So LEX18 went from having two successful shows produced in house to Live with Toots and Hey Kentucky with Mary Jo (Mary Jo is fine as a co-host but no one is tuning in to watch her as the lead)

- Looks like an awesome tasting opportunity Geese. 1989:flushed: Saw it posted in a bourbon group too.

- Who TF is buying all this Crown Peach? I’m just about tempted.

- 3G’s Liquor Store reached out today needing me to make a visit and sell some product. NKY is demanding lots of attention which is a very good thing.

- Had to record day 2 diaper bag shopping. My wife HATES Facebook so I’m thinking I should share with the world.

- Getting ready for football season on the deck. TV mounted, bourbon barrel bar getting a live edge wood top tomorrow, grill, lights, and ceiling fans.

- For the record I tore my ACL in high school, junior year 2 weeks after becoming a varsity starter. When I ruptured my Achilles I hadn’t played in almost 5 years which wasn’t too smart on my part considering I was 34 and overweight.

- Just opened a 2017 George Dickel 9yr store pick, the rest is free to who ever wants it:100points:
No Tenn whiskey for this briar but let us know if you sample at Dep's, Party Source or Cork 'n Bottle in these parts.

Yes Dep’s want me to do a tasting and meet&greet.

I have agreed but I need to do it ASAP, and they want it on a Saturday which my wife works doubles every other week and we head to Florida soon so they are saying early September.

Which to me seems too late but we will see.

Reactions: jameslee32
Yes Dep’s want me to do a tasting and meet&greet.

I have agreed but I need to do it ASAP, and they want it on a Saturday which my wife works doubles every other week and we head to Florida soon so they are saying early September.

Which to me seems too late but we will see.
[thumb2] US 27 is under construction but it's so close to the highway it really doesn't matter. Any Saturday should be perfect actually except for possible concert traffic on I-471.

Baseball is such an interesting sport. You can throw a no-hitter on LSD like Dock Ellis did. You can also do color commentary for a White Sox game while being Bill Walton.

A couple other gems through the first 3 innings...

"Do you like colors?"

On Mike Trout: "Why doesn't he bat all the time?"

Reactions: jameslee32
-Next time you’re in Batavia, I would stop by Jungle Jim’s. It’s like a Whole Foods on ayahuasca.

-Once that NY media mogul pulled Matt’s marionette strings from his ivory tower and had him pen an anti-Mitch opus by proxy, he had to know he was done with WLEX. Hence the lack of promotion until it dropped.

- Amy McGrath didn’t text Matt until the night before she decided to run - and that upset him. Meanwhile he pens a book about Mitch while hosting a television show and never tells the station until the day it goes up for sale. What’s good for the fighter pilot is good for the nose whistle, IMO.

Last edited:
-Next time you’re in Batavia, I would stop by Jungle Jim’s. It’s like a Whole Foods on ayahuasca.

-Once that NY media mogul pulled Matt’s marionette strings from his ivory tower and had him pen an anti-Mitch opus by proxy, he had to know he was done with WLEX. Hence the lack of promotion until it dropped.

- Amy McGrath didn’t text Matt until the night before she decided to run - and that upset him. Meanwhile he pens a book about Mitch while hosting a television show and never tells the station until the day it goes up for sale. What’s good for the fighter pilot is good for the nose whistle, IMO.

Apparently Joey lives in the future, at a time when Matt's book has been written and is available to purchase.

Explains a lot, actually.

Joey has done dmt? I'd like to here those stories.
No, but I did drive my family to Canada for 13.5 hours straight yesterday, so it kind of feels like it.

And i got to propagate the Wildman Kentuckian stereotype at the border (since you can only bring alcohol for personal use without a tax or whatever).

“How long are you staying?” - “One Week.” “Anything to declare?” - “Two bottles of bourbon for personal use.”

Coal Whistles & Nose Whistles, and other annoyances of Eastern Kentucky - by Mitch McConnell.

To be released April 20, 2020.

Reactions: drxman1
I do find it funny that Jones was unwilling to participate on whatever TV show McGrath was on a few weeks ago based on the fact that it wouldnt tell the full story and interview enough McConnel supporters in the state. But when an opportunity presents itself for him to make money on the subject he is willing to tell one side of the story 120 times. In reality it seems like he didn't want to do it and support McGrath on TV because she waited too long to text him.

As pro Matt/KSR.

I’m no fan of Mitch or any high level politician for that matter...but taking anecdotal evidence from random people around this state about how something went wrong in their county and laying it at the feet of one senator no matter how powerful seems disingenuous and ignores so many other factors at play.

The biggest service MJ could do for this state and county IF he is running would be to do so as a third party candidate and win. That’s fantasy land, I know...but something like that needs to happen eventually to redirect both of our national parties whom have gone off the rails.

Jones is too liberal to win a statewide election, especially when Trump will be at the top of the ticket against one of the loons on the other side. And there will be lots of UL Democrats who won't vote for him because of his show. Running will also hurt his business model (already has). Can't honestly see why he's even considering it.

Politicians are giant assholes by and large that typically care nothing about helping anyone and more about the narcissistic need to be in a position of power - hopefully for the rest of their lives. The only way to do that in the current landscape is to fundraise which is done by passing policy that will benefit large lobby groups and donors - typically ones that don’t necessarily benefit the majority of the population in the state they were elected to represent. People forget that

When we first moved to America we moved to Cincinnati and as a family of five lived in a 2 bedroom apartment that we rigged to a 3 bedroom by creatively positioning a bookshelf. One of the highlights of our week would be to go to Jungle Jims so I could see the dancing bear and our broke ass family could eat the ample food samples, glad to hear it’s still around, though I’m sure it’s much classier now.

Couple of thoughts in reply to the business and marketing geniuses weighing in on my life here....

- I didn't "wait until the night before" to tell WLEX about the book. They have known about it since it was agreed to in June and I hosted numerous times after it. They made their decision yesterday but there was no surprise as to what was happening

- The idea that "talking politics" has somehow hurt our business model is utterly absurd. Talking politics got me a nightly television show that we held for three years, took to #1 in the ratings and won an Emmy for. It also got me a national book deal with the 2nd largest publisher in the world and has opened other opportunities that I can't even yet discuss. UK sports is awesome and my favorite aspect of my job. But it has a limited appeal...diversifying my career, even if it has had any impact on the UK side, has opened massive doors in other directions

- In the time that I began being more open about politics, we have expanded our radio network from 20 to 45, I was hired by ESPN to do a national football show and we opened a very successful sports bar...while remaining #1 in the radio ratings and with higher website traffic than at any time since 2015. If a small number of snowflake listeners couldn't take me having a different opinion than them, so be it. Most still disagree with me and listen (and support us) daily.

- The book is a lifelong dream of mine to get to do...not bc it is about Mitch, but bc is about Kentucky. I think people will see what we are doing when it comes out...but to say I am roaming around the state looking for people who hate Mitch McConnell just to make him look bad is stupid. He can do that on his own. I am writing something about this state and the people that are constantly ignored/mocked nationally. You can judge whether it is successful when it comes out

- As far as running, I don't know what I will do but I will decide shortly. The idea however that running against the 2nd most powerful person on the planet is somehow a demotion from hosting a sports radio show is delusion at its finest. I don't know if I will do it....if I do it, I know it is a long shot I will win. But the chance to actually make positive change (or try to) for my home state, while also taking down what I think is the most negative political force in our country is a big deal. If I do it, I will be give the chance to have a national platform to speak on issues that will never be replicable in any year at any time. Whether I do it is a personal decision on which I have mixed feelings...but only in the odd world of UK message boards would someone see that and go "well it could hurt his radio show and sports bar" as the main considering factor.

Finally, thanks for this message board thread. When its not about me (thus leading me to write), it is a welcome distraction from everyday world. There are buffoons on it like Mashburned and whenever UKO weighs in, but honestly I really enjoy reading your takes every day and use it to help get discussion topics for the show often (as I am sure you have guessed)

Have a great weekend...time for the Glasgow Member-guest

Can't knock the hustle. You do you, let the haters hate. One thing I learned from my dad was "to never look back on something and think, What if i would have tried it." If you have a dream, at least try and go live it out. If not, the second guessing will actually be worse than chasing the dream and failing.

Reactions: drxman1
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT