ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d imagine if alcohol sales had been approved by Mitch, security would have searched a little harder for those half pints on the genpop masses. “Buy those $9 beers, Dale; we gotta make that revenue!”

As it stands now, I’m going to assume the don’t ask don’t tell policy will still be in play at the gates. Dale is still going to get trashed on a 5th of Kessler, but at least he won’t be peacocking around with a legally purchased demesto draft in a clear plastic cup with the UK logo on it. It’s just like any dry county, actually. It’s all about the facade.

*Sidenote: I grew up in a dry county that’s still dry. But I can assemble a team of 5 of the best beer drinkers I know from that place and bury any and all competition. It’s ridiculous what some of those good ol’ Protestant boys can do.

On hot summer days, the plastic in car seats is subjected to temperatures up to 170 degrees for hours on end. At lunch and/or the end of the work day, the plastic is abruptly chilled with AC for a while until the next day, when the seats are left to cook again. In winter, the reverse is true.

That is how the plastic can break down and fail in a crash (when it should flex) and why there is a safety factor taken into account in the form of an expiration date.

Melting car seats versus seatbelt-less 70's. Mom smoking Parliaments, windows rolled up on a hot rainy day with AC on fritz. Good times. Our kids never had it so good.

Parenting advice from PTI(pti) has the potential to be the greatest thing ever in GYERO.

Not even debatable.

Just take his quote from yesterday about immigrants and it would fit this kid topic....

* <— Just doesn’t really give a flying touch where ya from or how ya got here.

Mitch must turn a blind eye to the pre-game festivities called tailgating RIGHT NEXT TO THE STADIUM.

On hot summer days, the plastic in car seats is subjected to temperatures up to 170 degrees for hours on end. At lunch and/or the end of the work day, the plastic is abruptly chilled with AC for a while until the next day, when the seats are left to cook again. In winter, the reverse is true.

That is how the plastic can break down and fail in a crash (when it should flex) and why there is a safety factor taken into account in the form of an expiration date.
Sounds like “big car seat lobby” conspiracy to me. Follow the money...quicker expiration dates + parent shame = more sales.

Reactions: anthonys735
MY PRESIDENT:

Last Saturday in Iowa, [Andrew] Yang broke down in tears after hearing a mother at Everytown’s Presidential Gun Sense Forum talk about children being shot, saying he was envisioning his own sons getting killed. A few minutes later, he took on another tone entirely, telling reporters, “I challenge Donald Trump to any physical or mental feat under the sun. I mean, gosh, what could that guy beat me at, being a slob?” An aide tried to pull him away, but Yang kept going, the tears gone. “Like, what could Donald Trump possibly be better than me at? An eating contest? Like something that involved trying to keep something on the ground and having really large body mass? Like, if there was a hot-air balloon that was rising and you needed to try and keep it on the ground, he would be better than me at that? Because he is so fat.”

:joy:

* At least Aquino hit another bomb last night. That's 9 in 12 games, so we got him back off the proverbial schneid. [banana]

-Justa, if you want to count calories the easiest was is myfitnesspal. You can shed weight fast at double that calorie intake.

-Any decent lunch establishments out on the Batavia side of Cincy? I'll be up there around lunch and was hoping for something other than Chipotle.

-Reds kept it interesting until FB season, their margin was slim going into this brutal stretch of contenders, and only sliver of hope was to steal a couple. Oh well, should have a solid team in 2020.

-I rode standing up in the front seat of my Dad's pickup or sitting on his lap 95% of the time as a youth. The rest of the time was spent tumbling around the back of my Mom's car in the floorboards or back window area. Probably not the safest method but fun. Apparently George will be in a car seat until the age 14.

-I use myfinesspal, I have it synced with Apple Watch/Health, Fitbit scale, and machines at the gym. All good. I know I take it to extremes but I got disgusted at myself and went radical.

-Yeap I normally get in around 7:30, but I normally jump out 4 - 4:30. I can dictate my own schedule but I'm a morning guy so it works for me. Pros and cons of working for a small company.

- PTI(pti), GFY.

Heard about a DR that eats 5-6 steaks a week, shouldn't that be included. He is a DR so has to be correct.

Reactions: HUBER
Man last night was a treat. My boy Michael Huang is not only a doctor, photographer, and karaoke all star, but one hell of a cook. We got to enjoy the spoils of his recent trip to Alaska.

First course: King Salmon sashimi, halibut sashimi in ponzu sauce, and spicy salmon rolls. Magical.

Second course: Seafood chowder loaded with salmon, halibut, and cod. Everyone was about to lick the bowl good.

Third course: Baked cod over rice with miso sauce. A playful little dish.

Main Course: pan seared halibut over book choy with bacon bits....wow.

Then a nice little tasting of George T Stagg, Weller 12, and EH Taylor small batch.

A most agreeable evening.

- Terry's Turf Club is fantastic.

- W12 is nice but I'd rather drink the OWA all/air.

- Speaking of, had a buddy secure a bottle of 30 YO armagnac a couple months ago. Booker and I had a chance to taste this past weekend - shew boy.

homhE69UnG75-Ibm17LUgiDJNciAjIIEUAmPyCtA__8pTW6c0dYFynuSLSmBmKfwUu9KpfVFek_RdYvCUDXV9ARKPoJWi7z_Qg1qITpY_0janHFB4wYN5ImeL_1xBS3A8F9QMXSsQMOKVaGiySuxmCQrCL5II6z_MAmgFe9Myi44JF-XbH20vz7jjV6EFxv_dXGt4H_-XE8a2hnqIxNidsmDdUhSWia_OzEhJdHcKHP-Bg-5WajS_gMW5KqTdXlWtxaESMnn4789zL82vQ9bQ1NVwhgNy_lwn2I_Hfh0mYH65yo-MY9rIusD_ZICppVSM_iiuX1f04N1VpHZY32hjEEWBIucENs8I-ZLibrOuWveaJf8U1eAwSPsxaWv_Z04u7VCCuc5-_yImQHBU0to3MWXny2uG91z92INg6S-23qhXqj1DODWPslHtoNzeUqvE6uRw0dIVGhnZ0Wd2DtobqE7GdsMxMSJY-Mya0OkbmOLH_bF0_2tE9t23R5rJ8ecRQ5agJ6rvtBy7lWnCgRgkYID7RnAdhqXAMOg03Yr7fGyRytdG8Vber7DwuA7-OLiz4Ky6KnIax8Ta4-NDzhf9XzG9JSHiv9JxqD-z4enSL7mQPDb-MVoEeJjxzD4ZFJBFGObDRHtvLFz1d6ZfxDrkhp8p_qjzAuO=w278-h975-no

Last edited:
Boogie’s bad luck is just catastrophic. Ruptured Achilles, torn quad, and a torn ACL all within about 18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT