ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losers in what? The crew? Don't think anybody is losers. Quite honestly it's a damn amazing group of folks. Well, except for SAE. He's horrible.
I was embellishing but you did put a number on it. Those 20% might not be happy about it.

A0hZ8w9.jpg
3 to 5. 5 to 4 and 4 to 3. Pretty close otherwise.

Poor little George has no idea what's in store for him. Kids going to show up for tball practice like Kenny Powers.
I'm hearing all the good tballers show up in customized, raised golf carts with music, spinners etc. Might be a nice touch Anth.
Does Louie V make bat bags?

Reactions: jayroon
-Brax, what's all required for the Tee Ball starter set? Bat, glove, cleats, bag? Most little ones carrying their own helmets these days? I get way more excited for this stuff than he does.

I'm not the baseball dad expert B is, but we went with everything you listed this past Spring/Summer, including the helmet. Most on the team seemed to have their own.

Edit: Should have read further to see he already answered. And backpack with the slots on either side for bats is definitely the play these days. No one seems to carry the bat bags we had growing up anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wodie Sloot
TGIF shorts:

- truck in the shop (again), working from home... will be getting a new (used) truck this fall

- not ready to say goodbye to summer, but ready for football, hunting, and fishing season

- pizza and movie night with the youngster tonight, prolly pop some popcorn and make a pillow fort too

- not a big nfl (especially pre-season) fan, but just getting to hear some pads pop is music to my ears

- Reds actually provide some reasons for optimism next year, really digging the mound rotation

- just sold my remaining Google A shares, that has been a solid run the last few years

- big changes on the horizon, shifting focus to the RE and development side of what we've been doing and away from construction

- turned down Sunday VIP fix to Railbird, would really like to see Cilders, but just dont get into music festivals (especially in 90+ degree heat)

- grind

Because I wanted to get something stirred up. And you are wrong. I've already received 3 emails about it.
I'm not the baseball dad expert B is, but we went with everything you listed this past Spring/Summer, including the helmet. Most on the team seemed to have their own.

Edit: Should have read further to see he already answered. And backpack with the slots on either side for bats is definitely is the play these days. No one seems carry the bat bags we had growing up anymore.

Agreed, been doing t ball for 3 years now. My advice:
-Got to get G his own helmet (Adidas helmets fit the boys better early on and as they grew ended up moving them into UA helmets)

-His own bat (every year they come out with different models or updates so the 2019 bats are highly reduced Just make sure whatever bat you buy has a USA baseball and Pony league logo on it) The Easton Ghost X was the popular bat for all the all star teams and way $90 up until a few weeks ago and can now be found for $45. Should last him until he outgrows tball.

-His own bag. Agree with CSC81. Both of our boys have the Under Armour backpacks with the bat holders on both sides.

-Lastly, get the kid a decent glove, at least something that's actual leather. Had several kids I coached who started the season out with the cheap $15 pleather Dicks branded gloves, and they don't last. Do it once and spend $30-$40 and get him something decent. Once kid caught a ball with his Dicks pleather glove and the sticking popped, letting the ball smack him in the eye.

My last advice, if they ask G to play all summer long allstars, DON'T DO IT.

Edit: Should have read further to see he already answered. And backpack with the slots on either side for bats is definitely the play these days. No one seems carry the bat bags we had growing up anymore.
We're definitely drinking beers out of yetis, right?

Willy, did you get your 5-1/2 year bottle yet? Thanks again for all your help, and all future requests.

Willy, did you get your 5-1/2 year bottle yet? Thanks again for all your help, and all future requests.

Apparently I did. I just called my wife to see if a pkg was on the front porch.

"Didn't I tell you? It came yesterday. I took the bottle out and put it on the bar downstairs."

So yes, I got it. Thank you.

Reactions: krazykats
I bought my 7yo is a mid-range leather first base mitt but he preferred his $25 pleather adidas fielders glove. He did fine with it, but I will be upgrading this offseason. And I didn’t even bother buying him a bat. All the kids on his teams went and got new bats so it would’ve been a waste. Oldest got a new USA bat. They’re all terrible, btw. In the summer you can luckily use the “illegal” bats that help you actually mash. Personally like the Demarini Zens or 2015-17 Easton mako.

In the midst of this nostalgia run, props to all for realizing that ranking had to commence after Huber's pic post and to Willy for skipping past the debate of how the ranking system works by slapping numbers on the picture.

-Anywhere in Florida in August sucks donkey balls. Avoid. F Central Florida.
Took care of that for you.

-Boat Day! Good friend’s birthday today so we hired a captain and a huge pontoon to cruise around, beach up and get snockered on White Claws all day. Bout 30 of us going and it’ll be a shit show like always, can’t wait. Tunes, booze, Pub Subs, bunch of friends, sun and sand, doesn’t get much better than that, gang.

The glove is (was) everything.

It was a spiritual thing for my old man when I got a new glove (ALWAYS Rawlings). Meticulously putting the leather oil on it, showing me *his* way of breaking it in, explaining the smells, the importance of it all. Vividly remember playing catch with him every evening after dinner, talking about school, life, etc...

Now make sure you get your butt down, stay in front, and see the ball into your glove.

Man.

Anth loves Dicks.

-There it is.

-My dad was never into sports, so I had no clue what to do with my new glove(s). Probably never had one properly oiled, broken in, etc. Still didn't prevent me from sitting the bench for the Harrison County 12-year-old All-Stars in 1986.

-Tim Kurkjian's Friday MLB tweets are always an interesting read. Amazing stuff he digs up.

-Between the horses and the people, man....how bad is Keeneland gonna smell this weekend?

-I already messaged Rax about it, but those of you with sons should seriously consider making a roadie to the LLWS sometime. Just an amazing scene. And you can do it relatively cheap.

-If anyone except Biden made these gaffes, the reaction would be ruthless. But he's just Crazy Uncle Joe, so it's whatever. Amusing.

At least the new USA bats don't cost 400.00+ like the old USSSA composite bats did. That's the only good thing about them.

There is a noticeable difference between the old ones and the new ones. Been watching the LLWS regional games on ESPN and have only seen 1 homerun, which barely cleared the fence. Rec league homeruns are waaaaay down.

Can still mash with the old USSSA bats in travel ball, though.

My dad was so cheap he never got me a glove. Up until I was about 13 I used an ugly, green hand-me-down from my uncle (it was apparently blue when he got it in the 60s).

One of the first things I bought after starting my first job was a sweet Louisville Slugger glove that I still have.

Reactions: cat_chaser
Big A was religious with breaking in gloves. Like he was born to do it. Put it in an oven... lolgtfo. Time and oil only. First gift I bought him after G was born was a 12" Rawlings Pro Preferred with his nickname on it. Most beautiful glove I've ever seen. He's still breaking that boy in.

Reactions: drxman1
World Book > Encyclopedia Britannica

Library would ALWAYS have 1 or 2 letters missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT