ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, season tickets came in the mail yesterday for this football season...which is rapidly approaching.

Reactions: CSC81
* Why do people hate the term "moist" so much?

* Started wearing my Garmin to bed at night. Three things about my sleeping habits...

#1 = I fall asleep almost immediately
#2 = I need 8-10 hours/day
#3 = My "deep sleep" cycle is like 20 minutes/night

* If I go to get coffee, and there's a blueberry muffin on the menu, I'm ordering it. Truth.

* Very conflicted about guns. I don't like them at all or want to be around them, but that's mostly a product of being very inexperienced. I'm indifferent about gun regulation because it doesn't directly affect me, and I also think it's mostly a waste of time. Like gambling and drugs, bad people are gonna get into the mix whether they're regulated or not. So I guess my official stance is --> I wish they would just magically go away. It's about as effective as thoughts and prayers, I suppose.

* I actually feel great about this Cincinnati Reds team now. Adding Bauer and Wood to the rotation added WAY more than losing Puig subtracted.

* Slamming your head into things is very, very bad for you. I'm really not sure why this is so hard to comprehend. But hey, with UKO leading the charge championing the opposite opinion, good luck lining up behind that team.

* Interesting meme from a "friend" on social media --> to avoid mass shootings, the country just needs more prayer in schools, god in our hearts, and justice in our courtrooms. He blocked me when I pointed out that Afghanistan has these in abundance. F'ing snowflake.

* Thinking about getting a tat. What's cool these days?

- henna on my shoulder?
- barbed wire wrapped around my bicep?
- picture of a deceased relative?

* Can't believe it took so long, but the lass and I started on Breaking Bad, and we're now on the final season (5). Walter White's transformation has been incredible. I love how they constantly and perfectly remind you that he's a nerdy goofball screwup at heart, even as he becomes an increasingly maniacal badass. Also, Bob Odenkirk/Saul Goodman is the best tv character ever. You cannot convince me he's not EXACTLY like that in real life.

Saul Goodman is an even better character if you look at him as the inevitable result of all of Odenkirk’s Mr. Show characters.

Reactions: Mossip
I’ve noted justa saying this crazy stuff for years, so I’ll just tip my cap.

Re. the new Childers album - the personal references to North Eastern Kentucky are cool. About catching Muskie, visiting women in Chillicothe, Centerville.

Northeastern KY - Lewis, Carter, Greenup counties etc. - is beautiful country. And desolate. Can buy whatever land you want out there - hell, a whole knob - for peanuts. That’s where my KY estate is going to be someday when I get out of this shit law business.

As a former citizen of Lewis, I can tell you it DOES have some of the most beautiful land. It also has ZERO future and is perhaps the most depressing county in the Commonwealth. If I had to choose between those three, I'd take Carter; only because it has an interstate. Greenup is pretty much Portsmouth, Ohio-south.

^100% on board with that. I'm way too impatient to paint. Paid to have entire interior done last year when I remodeled.

I know its not difficult but for the sake of my mental well being that is one home repair project I will gladly pay.

PTI(pti) the dead relative memorial goes on your rear windshield. But be sure to save room for your monogram decals.

-I'm not conflicted on guns at all -> they're extremely dangerous and we have way too many in the country.

-My tattoo needs to be redone and considering a few changes when that happens. Nothing major. For PTI some type of reference to your running achievements would be cool. Or a Starbucks logo, I'd go with that.

-Painting, if done correctly, is the worst. Just miserable.

-For a 4 year old it was fall ball or soccer. Easy call. Excited to go gear shopping this weekend.

-Welcome to the 2019 Reds Fan Club, PTI. Been waiting for ya. Make it through the next 2 weeks near even and we've got 10 vs Pirate, Padres, and Marlins to close the WC gap. LFG.

-Monthly weigh in Friday :weary:. Coming off Eli weekend I basically have to starve myself to not be up from last time.

* I actually feel great about this Cincinnati Reds team now. Adding Bauer and Wood to the rotation added WAY more than losing Puig.

I am starting to agree. I just don’t get Ervin/Van Meter rotation in the cleanup to replace Puig when Senzel is perfect to protect Votto/Suarez.

But if they can win tonight, and then have Bauer, Gray and Castillo against the Cubs which they have owned this year then maybe that pitching can push them.

G is starting his first foray into team sports with Fall Ball this year. Neighborhood kids of his age are all playing so why not? It’s during the week and just one day

-Fall Ball t ball today, and then you'll roll straight from Spring Ball into a full summer of All Star Tee Ball followed up by Travel Teams asking your 5 year old to join them and dedicate himself to 35+ games a summer, travel to 14 different states, and 5 days a week practice.......

My f**king 5 year old.....:angry:

My soon to be 7 year old is only good enough for County AllStars, not the super selective, elusive travel ball t ball team and only gets to travel to Harrodsburg and Nicholasville 3 weekends a summer.

FML.

-Congrats on being smoke free for 3 years SAE! I haven't had a cigarette in almost a year and a half, but I still puff my fratastic Juul with 3% nicotine Virginia Tobacco flavor throughout the day. I know that shit is killing me too, but I just like to believe it's better than tar soaked tobacco. Proud of ya bub. [smoke]

-Wife is out of town this weekend. Anyone want to do hoodrat things in Lex this weekend, golf included?
hqdefault.jpg

Can’t even imagine how many cans of dip justa would go thru while painting the interior of an entire house top to bottom.

2- 3 yrs ago. A BUNCH.

Now probably not much. Weird thing about when I dipped so much I never liked it while doing any type of activity, not even golf or yardwork. Always made my mouth/throat too dry.

When I was a sophomore in college, the new brand of dip “Rooster” came out. They put coupons for free cans in a flier into the Kentucky Kernel every single day of school that year. You would fill out the form, take it to a retailer for your two free cans, and also be entered into a contest to win a trip for four to Cancun.

Some of the older dudes in the frat made this their daily mission. They would send pledges to the Classroom Building to collect stacks of Kernels, fill out the info on the fliers, then send them to every gas station in the area on a daily basis to get their free dip and contest entries.

Fast forward to the end of the semester and they literally had thousands of cans of Rooster, and won the free trip, too.

Pretty sure they’ve still got a lifetime supply for each of them to this day. So if anyone wants some aged, vintage, antique 19 year Rooster Masters Collection, just call up Cliff, Aaron, Gene, or Tommy.

$700 a month on dip may have been the most ridiculous thing ever mentioned in GYERO history.

That was just for 2 yrs until I moved out of FL.

Last couple yrs I've moved my Cope budget to cigars, still not healthy but a man needs a vice.

-Railbird approaching, yo. Excited to see Old Crow Medicine Show. Wonder if Clark listens to 'Alabama High Test' every evening on his commute swerving in and out of traffic. Bet.

- Effing downstairs AC went out Sunday due to a worn out blower motor. Anth and his boys came in turbo and got replacement parts installed same day. Wife and girls are happy campers. Top notch, anth. Thanks again.

- Really excited to about our defensive front. Chris Oats quietly became one of the best players on that side of the the ball as he earned more snaps. That's my boy. And don't think we'll miss a beat with Deandre Square flying around. Jordan Jones settled down a bit last year but dude was notorious for taking bad angles and overplaying everything.

- RIP Napa Prime. Sad but man -- they clearly overextended their ass buying up that former JDI location. That must have crippled them. No way they needed a space that big to support a young professional/campus scene charging $17/burger. Should have played their hand at the Summit or Harrodsburg Rd corridor. HAHHA VERSSAILLES or whatever - right?

- "Moscow Mitch" lol

- ANGRY

Reactions: GrandePdre
"Oh the interest rate is only 38% *AND* you're going to give me that free t-shirt?"

-Railbird approaching, yo. Excited to see Old Crow Medicine Show. Wonder if Clark listens to 'Alabama High Test' every evening on his commute swerving in and out of traffic. Bet.

"Huff paint, cocaine, playin' chicken with a train"
is one of the best lines in music history.

No telling how many packs of Winstons I got in college simply for giving up my email and DOB. And I’m not even a smoker. Two free packs every time. What a bargain!

:joy: I think I have you obsessed over my former habit. It was nuts I'll give that to you.

$ I pissed away on dip for 25 yrs and CD's in the 90s is just insane. Had upwards of 1000 CD's at one point. Sold them to some joint there in Lex or Lou for about $2 each in the late 90's.

I was happy. Sure I used it to fund some of my bookie business JR & SR year.

Yeah... BUT... the night one of your buddies got that 39% +prime credit cards was fantastic. Buying shots for everyone, walking around like a baller, drinking shelf bourbon rather than well, the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT