ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Predicted class: Nix/Askew, Boston, Christopher, Fletcher, Todd, Omoruyi, Ware. Dante joins here in a couple of weeks for this season. Jalen Green goes pro instead of college.

-"The Lion King" was bad. And worse than bad, it was just unnecessary. 99.9 percent of it was literally the same, with the exception of one added Beyonce song. A stupid money-grab.

-Overwhelmed at all the stuff people are saying to do/see/eat in NYC. Basically just keeping things simple and doing more exploring instead of having a set itinerary. We'll go back soon with the kids for a longer trip, so whatever I don't catch this time will wait until then.

-Haven't grilled out once this year. Haven't been to a single baseball game. Haven't been on a boat. Haven't been to the beach. Not living my best summer life, basically.

I do hope that in the midst of exploring New York, Llama finds the time to eat at Rock Bottom Brewery for the most authentic taste of the city.

There's an Olive Garden in Times Square that cannot be missed by any tourist...hopefully you won't have to wait long.

* Down Home Bourbon 12-year is pretty effing good. Packs a punch, but is still extremely smooth. A lot of heat on the finish.

My SIL is a bourbon snob and she loved it.

* The realistic animation in The Lion King remake is fantastic but lacks the ability to show emotion. But it is just a frame for frame copy with more advanced, realistic artwork, pretty much. Not necessary, but I'm not mad at it.

The kids loved it, and that is what really matters.

* I had a much needed date night with Marge on Saturday. We saw Once upon a Time in Hollywood. Cool flick. Dug it.

Dinner at Bishop's Quarter in Loveland. Good bourbon selection and food. Chargrilled oysters were so-so, but everything else was on point. Shrimp tacos were excellent. Rooftop bar was cool.

Nightcap at Ramsey's Trailside. I recommend both to Cincy area peeps. Right on the bike trail in historic Loveland.

* BJ Boston. Eek. Can't wait for him to lead us to title #10 with a few of his buds.

* Rogers, Sanders and an unsigned player came down and hung out with Beau Allen over the weekend. I think we are actually going to hang on to that beautiful 5-starred bastard.

* Gotta head home for a bit. Got the boys from Bryant coming by for a routine service.

Things seemed to really turn a corner when that middle aged gal started what appeared to be the beginnings of an exotic dance routine on the dK back patio.

Was that the one with the barbed wire tattoo on her guns? I mean that’s just so Louisville.

-Rogers is going to break our heart. Apparently he's been down several times this summer and may have brought Enzo with him this time.

-Historic Loveland :joy: Quit trying to church it up, William.

EApwAyGXkAESfgP

-Rogers is going to break our heart. Apparently he's been down several times this summer and may have brought Enzo with him this time.

-Historic Loveland :joy: Quit trying to church it up, William.

That is the actual name of that area, man. I'll let them know that you don't approve.

-----
Downtown Loveland was listed in the National Register of Historic Places as a National Historic District in 2015 by the National Park Service. The District, centered on East 4th Street and roughly bounded by Railroad and Jefferson Avenue including a two-block span of Railroad Avenue, served as the center of economic activity in Loveland for over a century.

Founded in 1877, Loveland developed initially as a railroad town, but soon became a major agricultural center and a regional center of commerce and government. The Downtown Loveland National Historic District reflects the evolution of the City’s commercial growth and exhibits the architectural evolution of Loveland’s ever changing commercial needs and tastes. Of the District’s fifty-eight buildings, forty-five are considered “contributing” to the historical and architectural significance of the District and include Late 19th-and Early 20th-Century commercial style architecture as well as notable examples of Classical, Romanesque, and Mission Revival style buildings.
The designation that the City received in 2015 culminates seven years of work by City officials, including an intensive push during the past three years by the Community and Strategic Planning Division and the Historic Preservation Commission.

The National Register of Historic Places is the official list of the Nation’s historic places deemed worthy of preservation. Authorized under the National Historic Preservation act of 1966, the National Register is part of a federal program to coordinate and support public and private efforts to identify, evaluate, and protect the country’s historic and archaeological resources. Aside from the honorific recognition of Loveland’s downtown as historically valuable, listing in the National Register offers financial benefits to property owners including preservation grants, historic tax credits, tax benefits for preservation easements, and a measure of protection from the possible impact of federally funded projects.

The National Register designation does not require investment by property owners, nor does it interfere with owners’ ability to alter, or even demolish, the buildings they own unless they take advantage of the federal tax credits.

Aside from a cash grab, what was the stated reason for doing a photo-realistic Lion King? It wasn't a movie that was intended to look real at the time, but the technology just wasn't there. Did anyone look at a cartoon and honestly say, "I love these singing wild animals who have human emotions and whatnot, but they just look so fake it takes me right out of it"?

Aside from a cash grab, what was the stated reason for doing a photo-realistic Lion King? It wasn't a movie that was intended to look real at the time, but the technology just wasn't there. Did anyone look at a cartoon and honestly say, "I love these singing wild animals who have human emotions and whatnot, but they just look so fake it takes me right out of it"?
A little term called "Hakuna Matata" - it means no worries (for Disney stockholders) for the rest of their days.

Reactions: Brandon Stroud
Anth, I'm ashamed to say I forgot his name already, but the Bryant employee who came to my house today might be the most knowledgeable employee you have. Seriously impressive.

If any of you idiots are using anyone other than Bryant for your HVAC needs, (unless it is because you hate Anth which we all understand 100%) you are doing it wrong. Fantastic service.

Saw “Once upon a time in Hollywood” today.

Fantastic. Pitt and Leo were awesome. Classic Tarantino.

Salmon on the egg as we speak.

Last edited:
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Inglorious Bastards
Django
Once upon a time in Hollywood

Honourable mention to From Dusk till Dawn

Reactions: roguemocha
Anth, I'm ashamed to say I forgot his name already, but the Bryant employee who came to my house today might be the most knowledgeable employee you have. Seriously impressive.

If any of you idiots are using anyone other than Bryant for your HVAC needs, (unless it is because you hate Anth which we all understand 100%) you are doing it wrong. Fantastic service.
I love you, William. Ts.

We're also doing full service residential electric if you need a circuit pulled for that new cess pool pond.

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
-deathproof/grindhouse, all the kill bill stuff is terrible.

-jackie brown is fine.

-pulp fiction is good but *vastly* overrated.

-really like django and inglorious bastards.

-loved reservoir dogs as a youth...hasn't aged well, contrived/self-indulgent...not original as it was a remake of some Japanese movie iirc.

-havent seen hateful 8. Will watch the new one as i like pitt.

*imo*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT