ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are 2 hours away, folks. Within walking distance of wcc's house.

Glier's Goettafest 2019. July 25, 26, 27, 28 and August 1, 2, 3 & 4.

wcc, I might bring the girls down on Sunday if you are in the country.

Thanks to abh for the text reminder.

Probably swinging by tomorrow night but definitely let me know when you’re rolling Sunday.

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
-Geotta is fine, you know what's better? Real F*cking Sausage!! That's what.

-Get those cats in a carrier and spay/neutered before you have 30 of them running around your yard and they'll inevitably get injuries/maladies that you are guilted into paying to remedy only to get run over by a car the next week.

-One experience on an inversion table and my eyes almost exploded. I guess there's a suggested time limit.

Reactions: roguemocha
If there was ever an old-man gyero device, that's it. Put a purple circle around it and some rolleyes and we've got a new logo.
762_1400x.jpg

^ this guy is the old man fitness device GOAT

Are malts are Cincy thing? Only place I've ever seen them was Riverfront back in the 80's.

* Justa, I believe the malted milkshake got its start on the shores of Lake Michigan in the Windy City of Chicago.

* Chase, please stick to eating Beaver Dam roadkill, you ignorant asshole. And belated happy birthday.

* Adrian, kindly (non boobs) get pumped.

* Anth, luckily for people fortunate enough to live near Cincinnati, the area is also known for its "regular" or "real f*cking" sausage as well. In fact, the city was known as Porkopolis back in the day due to its sausage production. (insert some sort of Doc Boat joke here about Anth liking sausage)

There are some people out there who are actually able to enjoy both sausage and goetta. And they all aren't fat and bald.

* And speaking of fattening Cincy foods, Happy Chili Dog Day to everyone! Blue Ash Chili is offering $1 cheese coneys all day.

* The wife and kids are meeting me in an hour to go see The Lion King. Big night.

* Been listening to Tom Petty's Buried Treasure station on my XM app all day. Excellent.

* Since I haven't given a decorative pond update in a while, I have some sad news to report. Something ate the OG. My fancy tailed goldfish who was in his 4th year of existence. It also got one of the regular little goldfish. On a happier note, a tiny bullfrog has taken up residence there.

And I have the green light to build a larger pond in another area of the yard. I am still drawing up plans for this garden, but it will also feature a bench and a dwarf weeping cherry tree. Should be a lovely place to eat a goetta sandwich.

* Good luck to Krazy and his Down Home Bourbon enterprise. I am looking forward to drinking some this weekend.

* Sucks about DRob. We needed his experience out there. Next man up.

* Whatever.

Nicely done Krazy but in the immediate future, like before 7PM tonight- you have got to do better with that website. People seeing that $140 price tag (which is high btw) are going to try to find out information about your swill- and if they log on to the world wide internet and click on your current site- they are going to laugh and go buy OldFo instead.

We're all rooting for you doggie, just trying to give some constructive feedback. And props on having the stones to jump into that business.

Man I’d love to but I don’t know a damn thing about websites!

Honestly I tried to get a refund, but I paid for 2 years upfront and they put me on hold longer than I could stand!

Sorry if that is high to you, and yes I understand, but just know literally half of that comes back to me and I have 100% of the cost of those bottles, and I’m actually losing money on the 12 year due to refusing to go higher as suggested by my distributor.

That said it’s really f’ing good juice. $10 gets you a taste then don’t buy it, I really and truly get it and I’m working on cutting out some costs that will never be involved with my projects again.

Edit:

12 year proofed at 129.35

5-1/2 year proofed at 122.6

Last edited:
I respect the business side man- just speaking from an everyday consumer POV (no phub) who would be shopping in that pricepoint... there are a lot of heavy hitters to compete with at that level. Obviously if you want to text me which distilleries you purchased from so I could make a more informed decision- I'd be all for that.

But hell, bourbon heads may end line up at your doorstep begging to pay when they see its limited in quantity... wtf do i know.

$125.00 ? nah, i think i will run to my local Krogers liquor store and grab a .750 ML of Kentucky Gentleman or Julius "Smooth As Silk" Kesslers and pretend it cost a buck25.

J/K, actually sipping on a glass of Knob Creek i just broke the seal on.

I don't know the bourbon production game and krazykats is incapable of concise prose that makes actual sense so I could be misunderstanding his gibberish but if he can sell 5 1/2 year old bourbon for $122.60 and 12 year old bourbon for $129.35, why in the hell would it make a lick of sense to even worry about the 12 year old bourbon?

Keep em cask strength, Krazy. Don’t water them down.

You gonna finish or blend any further releases?

Good luck.

Reactions: krazykats
I mean, a Lexington release at Belles or Justin’s would attract a more discerning bourbonphile, imo.

A couple outside cats around the house are never a bad idea if you live in a rural area. Perfect for keeping rodents and snakes away. Just give them a warm bed and shelter in the winter and they pay their own freight.
You f*cking dolt. It's outrageous to force cats to live in the elements while they should be living in your house, eating organic ethically sourced food, shitting in a sand box then walking all over your counters while covering everything in hair. Heathen.

Keep em cask strength, Krazy. Don’t water them down.

You gonna finish or blend any further releases?

Good luck.

Yes, I am fascinated with what a Toasted barrel does to the flavor of bourbon. I had actually planned on replacing the 12yr with that as my “special” release this fall. However, it has to finish 4-10 months in those barrels so it is now most likely going to be apart of my 3rd release next winter/spring.

I mean, a Lexington release at Belles or Justin’s would attract a more discerning bourbonphile, imo.

Justin’s is too cool to call me back or contact me in any way. I reached out multiple times and had people that know them mention me and try to help me in the door with them.

Even had a response from one of them in a bourbon group when discussing another product, and when I responded to that with some form of “I’m creating my own brand and it would be cool to discuss it with you” the dude just ghosted me at that point.

I was told Cork and Barrel is the smart play there because they also own the airport Liqour store and they were very receptive, even called me back on vacation to tell me they’d love to help if they can and to contact on the 25th when they get back.

Reactions: jameslee32
I hear you, but I’m serious when I tell you the people that mentioned it should have been enough to get their attention.

Which was followed up by emails, phone calls, and even PM’ing them with no response at all.

I’m just new, and that’s fair.

Golf heads, how does this make sense?

I play by myself, and rent a cart. I pay the cart rental fee, let’s say it’s 15 dollars.

If I play with another person, the cart fee isn’t 7.50 a golfer, it’s 15 dollars per player (30 dollar cart fee now)

If we each want our own cart, it’s not 15 per golfer, now it’s 30 dollars per golfer, because then it’s “per seat” which is not the case if you’re by yourself.

I hear you, but I’m serious when I tell you the people that mentioned it should have been enough to get their attention.

Which was followed up by emails, phone calls, and even PM’ing them with no response at all.

I’m just new, and that’s fair.

So Krazy, I can snap my fingers and make this happen, your call hoss.

Reactions: krazykats
I'm such a sucker for gear. It's really ridiculous borderline embarrassing. I play golf MAYBE once per year. Got my clubs out of the garage attic to find at some point over the last year a squirrel or mouse made the travel bag home. So I needed a new glove, some cheap balls and a towel. Walk in Watts... walk out with $120 worth of crap. Towel, balls with clovers I have no business hitting, new Titleist UK hat, glove, etc.

Meanwhile, I'm also shopping for a fly fishing pole and gear for a 1/2 day fishing trip in October.

I have seen several Rands wearing 404s the last 2 days, so that's been very entertaining for me.

Scotch is great.

Ummm, I thought golf was too time consuming and selfish. But for that one time a year (or not), best make sure you have fresh gear.

Golf heads, how does this make sense?

I play by myself, and rent a cart. I pay the cart rental fee, let’s say it’s 15 dollars.

If I play with another person, the cart fee isn’t 7.50 a golfer, it’s 15 dollars per player (30 dollar cart fee now)

If we each want our own cart, it’s not 15 per golfer, now it’s 30 dollars per golfer, because then it’s “per seat” which is not the case if you’re by yourself.

It’s bullshit and always bothers me when courses pull that garbage.

Gear is fine if you can afford it.

But it isn’t going to make you a better golfer.

Let me be clear, I’m a crappy golfer compared to probably almost anyone in GYERO that plays regularly.

My bag consists of:

A Cobra 5 wood that I bought use 16 years ago at Play it again Sports, a 3 wood that I bought at a garage sale, 7-PW Cobra irons that a friend gave me, a lob wedge that I found out at Longview, and a Spyder putter that I bought on FB marketplace.

I use dollar a ball Noodles and no glove. And I’m a bogey golfer from the shorter (old people) tee box.

Slow swing, good contact, hit it straight, and two putt. Never had a lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT