ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way BRax sticks up for his kids is incredible imo
Embarrassed my wife pretty good this weekend. Argued a called strike with the ump, he ripped his mask off and tried to show me up. But, I’m a big dumb redneck with literally nothing to lose. What do I care. In the end it’s all meaningless. When you go into a youth baseball game with that mindset, it rubs off on the kids and they play their hearts out. It’s why we win so much. The kids all know one day we’ll all be dead and turned into mulch.

I mean no offense by this, but BRax is everything that’s wrong with humanity.

So Kyle Macy said that Kentucky should schedule more home and home games instead of neutral games along with bringing back the Indiana series, and that John should focus more on winning than anything else, under the context of that one time on draft night when he said it was the biggest night in program history? That's it? That's what has people riled up? Jones oversold and under-delivered on this one. Game recognize game, that's what journalism is all about these days.

Macy's earned the right to say whatever he wants but his curmudgeonly reputation takes a lot of sting out of this. I'd tilt my head if Wayne Turner said it.

FWIW, I would love to play Indiana again, but Indiana as a program is in no position to dictate any of the terms of the series at the moment. Lucas Oil (or Bankers Life) and Yum every other year, split the revenue and make crazy money. Never set foot in Bloomington again.

The "Kentucky needs to play more true road games in order to be better prepared for the tournament" argument is so stupid. Kentucky will literally never play an NCAA tournament game on another team's home court, and 95 percent of the time, will be playing in front of a crowd that features more Kentucky fans than those of the opposing team.

I won't be actively rooting against the KY Boy, but I'm definitely no fan of Holmes. I appreciate his story & roots, but the dude is just a miserable golfer to watch, and often at the expense of his fellow players. Final groups JB is typically [sick], and when you have the always-diplomatic golf announcers even blasting your ass regularly, you've got a problem.

So much luck involved at the Open with regards to the draw/weather. Kinda sucks for today as most of the guys up top or with a chance to be have already finished.

Hopefully we get some weather on the weekend to make it really interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: tfields01
Kinda feel like Commando wrapped up its story nicely but for my money the Missing in Action franchise wrapped up too soon.

I was 9 years old when my dad took me to see Commando. The 80s were a Golden Age of parenting.

The main thing that Stranger Things gets right about that era is that parents had absolutely no f***ing clue what their children were doing at any given time. It's a miracle I'm not dead tbh
Yep. By the time I was my kids age I had seen Commando, Rambo etc not to mention Blazing Saddles, History of the World, Airplane, was listening to Guns and Roses... and my wife is over here worried about her finding Wu Tang on spotify

:joy: My dad also took me to see Commando at the theater. It also was one of only like three movies we owned on VHS, so every time my buddies came over, we watched it at least once at night before waking up early, painting ourselves in camo and playing commando in the woods. Haven’t seen that movie in 30 years but can still run every line.

Alyssa Milano was :fire: in that movie (when I was 8 and she was maybe 12).

Many a hot summer day that I would leave the house after breakfast and my mom may not see me again until dinner time then back out to hang with the neighborhood kids. What a great time. I kind of feel sorry for kids these days.

Also my dad let me watch all these movies (Predator, Aliens, Commando, Steven Seagal shit etc) that my mom would be mortified if she knew he did. I also knew not to snitch.

Last edited:
Friday randoms:

- Is it hot enough fur ya?
- Barbasol is going on at the old Champions golf course, which means the drive to the farm will take 3 times as long
- fresh tomato season in KY is one of my favorite parts of summer.. BLT's and bruschetta are gifts from God
- Pumped for football season, think we get 8 wins plus a bowl game for 9-4 overall
- this summer is kicking my butt, I'm getting old
- hung out with some high school buddies I haven't seen in forever at TNL last night, good catching up with old friends
- going to see The Lion King in Imax Sunday, typically not much on the theaters, but pumped to take the little man to see this
- lake > pool
- Reds are so aggravating, no idea what they will look like next year but it will likely be worse than this year
- TGIF

Last edited:
Daily Summertime Routine for 9-13 year old SB:

8-10 wake up eat frozen waffles ????
11 - drop off at pool
1 - rack up $10 lunch in clubhouse. Charge it.
2 - “golf ball hunting”
3-5 - more pool time
5-6 - work on getting your buddies to stay all night somewhere.
6:30 - tacos
7-???? Play in the woods, driveway basketball, laser tag, random violent movie, sneak around neighborhood and scare female acquaintances by knocking on their windows

Just an innocent kid doing innocent kid things that would probably lead to gunshot wounds this day and age.

Commando Story:

Dude applies for entertainment permit. Antiquated statute requires that I check references for moral character. One of his references was "Boy on Bed" from the motel scene. Called and talked to him.

/brushwithCommandofame

The 80s were a Golden Age of parenting.

The main thing that Stranger Things gets right about that era is that parents had absolutely no f***ing clue what their children were doing at any given time. It's a miracle I'm not dead tbh

It was a better time when people just put a pitcher of Kool-Aid and some sandwiches on their back porch and locked the doors to let the kids fend for themselves, imo.

Kids used to just roam around in the streets doing whatever and no one really cared. Now they have to play organized sports and whatever. The parents and kids are worse off for this.

Reactions: roguemocha
Also loved Commando, had it on VHS. Only time I really remember being pissed at my mother was when I came home to find she had taped an Elvis Pressley TV special over my Commando tape.

Your dipshit POTUS has this country in the best shape its been in your lifetime.

And if said "anyone" would cease with disparaging this country and its values, then they wouldn't get called out for being ignorant dolts. If Trump wants to defend our values with his way of doing things, then so be it. It got him elected...and it will get him re-elected.

GFY you POS. You can honor your country and its values without being a shitbag like "your" President. GTO.

Reactions: paintrain_cat
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT