ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
KA lists Robert E Lee as their “spiritual founder.”

Certainly something to be proud of.

It is. The Order was founded by Confederate veterans immediately after the war at the college where Lee was president. He intended it as a path for veterans of the war to reaclimate into American society as productive and honorable citizens and move on past the fighting and the divisions.

That is all I will say on the subject as I realize this is all highly obnoxious. Enjoy the sunshine today folks.

Reactions: jayroon
-In Louisville, fell asleep on my grandmother’s couch (I always stay with her as she’s the coolest person I’ve ever met) around 10pm last night, moved up to bed around 11.

-Up at 6, couple cups of coffee before the gym. Bunch of guys running fulls already and damn I miss that. Just no where til really do that back home.

Thought about playing but felt I would be ashamed of my former self and decided to stick with what I’m decent at.

-Return home to have eggs, bacon and toast awaiting me, thanks Mama. Shower up.

-Pedicure right now because my heels are gross from working out barefoot outside.

-Taking the ol gal to Kroger at 1.

-Meeting up with some old friends staying at the Omni tonight. Should be a blast.

Good start to a short trip.

Reactions: rudd1
Tell me about it man. Doesn’t get much more relaxing. Grandma is fixing turkey and cheese sandwiches as we speak, might get wild and put some stone ground mustard or whatever on there.

Shit man, we’ve got Wimbledon doubles on right now with the sound off and the closed caption on, pretty dope setup she has.

Hope you brought the ole Nissan so all of your hometown "buddies" can borrow like your Key West boys do. You rascal, up here big timing it and all.

Reactions: Uk##1
Hey there brilliance, I’ll answer this one time for you. Most people on a 2x4 island DONT have cars. Why would you? You can walk or bike basically anywhere. If not you can scoot or Uber. I have a car and off-street parking. So when my friends want to borrow it, they can. You ever tried parking in KW? Didn’t think so.

Can you imagine if everyone that lives there had a car there would be about 25,000 cars on a 2X4 island? Plus, the 6,000 people on average that visit per day?

Hopefully that answers your question and stops you from further making a fool of yourself. Doubtful, I know but at least you have a better shot now.

giphy.gif

... 2x4 island style.

Last edited:
Reactions: jameslee32
Hey there brilliance, I’ll answer this one time for you. Most people on a 2x4 island DONT have cars. Why would you? You can walk or bike basically anywhere. If not you can scoot or Uber. I have a car and off-street parking. So when my friends want to borrow it, they can. You ever tried parking in KW? Didn’t think so.

Can you imagine if everyone that lives there had a car there would be about 25,000 cars on a 2X4 island? Plus, the 6,000 people on average that visit per day?

Hopefully that answers your question and stops you from further making a fool of yourself. Doubtful, I know but at least you have a better shot now.

Yeah but i said i hope you brought it home with you. KY is NOT a 2x4 state, what ever the hell that even means. I just think a bunch of grown men sharing a car is a bit "different." No ?

Last edited:
I would just love to see the site of a car load of dudes rolling up in a Nissan Rogue and all of them getting a pedicure and chatting over a nice glass of bubbly. I mean every man who works out outdoors without shoes, it is a must.

Reactions: Century Cat
As expected, that Bob Lazar “documentary” was dumb as f*ck. With that said, I’m sure the flat earth type crew are eating that shit up.

As expected, that Bob Lazar “documentary” was dumb as f*ck. With that said, I’m sure the flat earth type crew are eating that shit up.

Sorry, I'm taking the side of a man who claims to be a physicist without supporting documentation over that of an attorney.

Earned not given.

Shew, good day to put the top down.

Might thrown some top water at dusk.

94 and sunny this Fri/Sat/Sun....about damn time.

Joker/Fed was good...although the tiebreak lost some if its luster when it got to 12-12.

Tony's was excellent Saturday...food and service. Tony wishing my dad a happy bday was cool.

cawood is good at this golf thing.

Bernie drinking Miller Lite at Atlantis...smh. Never knew there were so many panther piss lovers on here.

Seeing Pti's Robert E. Lee post get turned around and inserted sideways was a good laugh on a Monday morning.

Enjoy.

Of all the armies that opposed and tried to destroy the United States, the Confederate was my favorite. And of all the generals whose forces killed hundreds of thousands of Americans, Robert E Lee is certainly the most gentlemanly and respected.

I get it.

I hate political correctness / SJW horseshit with an unending and unholy passion but one thing I appreciate watching in my adulthood is Southern whitey largely drop the "South's Gonna Rise Again" idiocy. In the 90s and early Aughts it was not uncommon to see goobers sport Confederate flag apparel all the time in public.

Now I can't remember the last time I saw it. I'm glad people finally seemed to learn that you can be proud of your heritage without celebrating that time you rebelled against your country rather than stop owning people.

In slightly related news: smoking bans are pretty awesome too. Remember when everyone used to smoke in public all the time? That was pretty shitty.

You just summed up Hank Jr’s entire existence. So, while your argument may have merit, it’s probably not worth forsaking the outstanding Bocephus collection of hits.

I hate political correctness / SJW horseshit with an unending and unholy passion but one thing I appreciate watching in my adulthood is Southern whitey largely drop the "South's Gonna Rise Again" idiocy. In the 90s and early Aughts it was not uncommon to see goobers sport Confederate flag apparel all the time in public.

Now I can't remember the last time I saw it. I'm glad people finally seemed to learn that you can be proud of your heritage without celebrating that time you rebelled against your country rather than stop owning people.

In slightly related news: smoking bans are pretty awesome too. Remember when everyone used to smoke in public all the time? That was pretty shitty.
Yep. It’s refreshing living in a time where all of the vestiges of the Confederacy have been pushed aside and ignored, as they should. You’d hate for that crowd to have any sort of public voice or acknowledgement in today’s day and age.

I see it about weekly. Just saw some dipshit kid rocking a Dixie flag shirt at Chipotle last week.

-I feel like the fathers in this thread didn't prepare me enough for a 4 year old birthday party. HOOOLLLLEEEESHIIIT. I've thrown some absolute ragers in my time but that was something else. At one point B$ and I thought we had lost control. Thought we may have a Lord of the Flies situation unfolding. 20 something under 5 year old kids with a unlimited supply of water balloons. The trail of destruction easily rivals any of our larger 7p Gametime tailgates.

These things are amazing, what a great invention.
_pdp_sq_

-Basketball goal was a hit... and promptly over taken by the adults. Should be a nice addition for future parties.

-Bribing the kids to pick up all the water balloon trash was my best idea of the weekend. Child labor is hilarious, yet efficient.

-Coolcat's little man is hilarious. Dude has to weigh as much as G and isn't even 1 yet. What a hoss.

-G got a spider-man costume that he has only taken off for about 3 hours, to allow us to wash it, in the last 3 days. During the 3 hours he wore a similar Captain America costume to the grocery. He slept in spider-man gear the last 2 nights. We could be edging toward a Brax situation, this kid is wild.

-Picked up some stubby bottle banquettes and they were a hit at the party. Damn fine crispy boys.

-:raised_hands: mid summer. LFG.

Last edited:
I remember when the proposed smoking ban in Lexington was going to destroy every restaurant/bar in town. Because, you know, freedom or something.

Saw some reallllllll Nicholasvilleish behavior out of some Louisville folks at a soccer deal this weekend. Jefferson County GYEROites - control your people. Sad!

* The Budweiser bikini pretty much told the whole story. You indeed were proud for your american heritage, you're ready to party, and your vagina is completely open for business. Two [thumb2][thumb2]

* Thermostat set on 75 in my house. Put a ceiling fan on and I'm legitimately cold. Pajama pants and a hoodie cold.

* Phil Mickelson = :joy:

https://www.si.com/golf/2019/07/15/phil-mickelson-six-day-fast-lost-15-pounds-british-open

Goes on a 6 day fast and loses 15 pounds to get ready for the British Open, and as a way to make up for poor recent play. Makes sense.

He really needs to spend more time in the broadcasting booth. And I'm not just talking about golf. He's a huge NFL fan (and gambler), and could hold his own on a PTI type show or a radio program, too. That folksy, aww shucks, self deprecating humor works very well.

Maybe he and Peyton Manning should take over an NFL broadcast. WAF.

* The Dow at 27,300. [banana]

* Speaking of stocks, every major pot stock those idiots have been jacking off over for the last year on the stock thread has gotten killed lately. I can only imagine how many of you goobs jumped on that sinking ship.

Bitcoin, pot stocks, whatev. You could probably get rich just shorting everything they buy.

* Y'all aren't gonna believe this, but Kentucky college football Wildcats begin play in 6 weeks. [cheers]

* Badwater 135 mile run across Death Valley begins tonight. Set your reminders accordingly.

* Not really a great sign for tennis when the same 4 people who are 5-10 years past their prime keep winning everything. Djokovic, Nadal, Federer, Serena. o_O

Never quite understood the Southern redneck love affair with the Confederate flag.

That flag is actually the Confederate battle flag. It was not created to represent them as a people, but rather to represent their war against the United States. They got their asses kicked and suffered horrendous losses as a result. Yet, they hold it up as some sign of their greatness.

Essentially, it would be like a UK football fan proudly waving a flag with Joker's face on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT