ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take recs from you two on Americana (PTI) and Hip Hop (knocta), otherwise stay in your lane.

Saw The Killers last night. They were great.

Would love to go to Friday Forecastle this year for Killers, Portugal The Man, Chromeo, and Jungle.

Portugal The Man
Aldo_Montoya_-_Peter_Polacko_06.jpg

Reactions: jayroon
- I think a fun game to play would be “is this a current rock band or did I make it up?” [laughing] at Broken Bathroom Outlets. Yeah, I googled it.

- Grayson’s outburst seemed to have started when he missed those two free throws. I bet he absolutely destroyed PS4s and X-Boxes as a kid when he got beat. Seems like that type of psycho.

- If anything, Mike D’Antoni will try to get enough possessions for Russ and James. So that’s something . . . I guess.

- I know it’s the other conference, but seems to me the Bucks are being a little ignored. I know they haven’t made any moves so who cares, but they will have the reigning MVP alongside a roster that has experience playing together.

- Taking 2 showers a day now. 4-5 mile run in the morning and then I just sit it my garage and let the sweat pour. It’s just like a sauna. After that cleanup, I’m nice and moist again by the evening. If you’re not taking 2 showers a day (one of them cold) this time of year, you’re probably gross.

- Mother and son doing a church camp this weekend which leaves me and the 11 year old girl to ourselves.

Speaking of the boy, thanks in large part to the USWNT being in the news, he has figured out what lesbians are now (he just turned 9). So anytime he sees two ladies out together with no other man in sight he’ll lean over and whisper, “dad, are those lesbians?” He has no couth and probably should be raised in Jessamine County in all honesty.

Ball Durham guy seems like the duke equivalent to drew franklin so I’d say it was mostly facetious.

- I know it’s the other conference, but seems to me the Bucks are being a little ignored. I know they haven’t made any moves so who cares, but they will have the reigning MVP alongside a roster that has experience playing together.

They lost Brogdon and Bledsoe is a complete trainwreck in the playoffs. He is hard to overcome.

Cal is being a bit cringy with this new tripping over himself to congratulate former guys in the NBA act that is really patting himself on the back. The elite recurits somehow don't care anymore, big guy. Got to hope Lebron now being surrounded by UK/Cal guys will help get back on his/Nike's good side.

Brogdon is a pretty big loss, imo. That guy is a baller, and quietly put together one of only 7 90/50/40 seasons in NBA history, with the other guys being exactly who you think they'd be. For whatever reason, they opted to pay Lopez instead. (And Middleton, which I get)

Hate to say it b/c he's Big Blue, but I'll never trust any team where Bledsoe is the primary PG. He's a nice player and turned out WAY better than I'd have ever dreamed, but he was brutal in the playoffs, easily outplayed by George Hill.

All that being, said, I still like them in the East w/ Philly.

Last edited:
Totally fine with whoever participated with Epstein of either political side being thrown in a pit and never being heard from again.

My wife made me turn off "I Believe I Can Fly" the other day. Throwing out a bunch of perverted politicians is nothing.

Reactions: CatsFan75 and rudd1
As mentioned previously, His biggest strength will be longevity, imo. His game doesn't really thrive on the things that worsen w/ age like most players.

Btw, PTI(pti) being ate up w/ the NBA is one of the bigger upsets in awhile. Welcome.

-Killa gets to experience a full weekend of BBdK/ABH starting in a few hours :joy: -- hope he makes it. :pray:

- Feeling pretty damn good so even a hater like Geese is dusted off. GFY pal.

- Friday 5?

Straight West Coast

Nipsey - That Feeling Keeps on Coming
Celly Cel- it’s goin Down tonight (remix with E40)
E40 - Hope I don’t go back
Nate Dogg - These Days
Dr Dre - Let me Ride

- Bourbon update:

What a ride! Big thanks to Willy for being cool as a fan with my stuff.

Bottle next week, and have an offer from wesport whiskey and wine to do my release launch party. The owner there is just awesome and really took to what I’m doing after sampling, before that though I wasn’t sure.

Local media jumping to help as been cool to see.

This thing is actually going to Fk’n happen, and now I’m having anxiety at levels I can’t imagine people dealing with on the regular.

- So with that said this is one of my last post here. Not to say I won’t be lurking or possibly drop in to offer up a punching bag in this place, but I’m out.

At least they've played together before, and it worked out quite well (granted Harden was a much different player/role then). Eyes will be on Russ to see if he can actually fit into a team w/ the goal of winning over putting together meaningless triple doubles.

Next season is going to be the most interesting in a long ass time, that's for certain. It's like an entirely new league. :fire:

Agree on all fronts, I actually think Russ and Harden will work. They have just as much a chance as anyone else this year. Like you said, they've played together before. They were in a Finals together. Many of these other teams will need time to mesh. But the Rockets window is small. If they're going to win one, it needs to be this year. It's sort of like 1994. Somebody can snag a title this year unexpectedly.

What I like about all of this is that teams like the Nuggets, Blazers, and even the Celtics have a legit shot at the Finals too. These super tandem teams are nice but the aforementioned squads have talent, depth, and established coaching. That can take you a long way.

Having said all of that, the Clippers are the team to beat. They have 3 potential first team all defensive players in Beverly, Leonard, and George. 2 of those guys are MVP candidates. One is arguably the best player on the planet. They have scoring off the bench with Lou Williams. They have a dog down low in MontrezL. They have quality depth. And they have a championship coach in Doc.

We shall see. It's going to be a fun year.

The difference between 86 & 93 doesn't seem like much on the surface, but it's drastic. Today is your perfect summer day - Nice & hot, slight breeze, and far from oppressive. Good job, weather! :fire:

Also, Fed vs Nadal right now. :fire:

Reactions: wcc31
I’ll tell you what never fails: the assholes that ONLY take payment by check (my plumber, in this case) also insist on sitting on that thing for at least a month before cashing it.

Does he truly not need $450 that badly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT