ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this city, but it’s such a piece of shit sometimes. 7 inches today, with 15 more on the way. And water levels are already historically high due to record snowfall melting and coming downstream.

Thank god my house is in a high and dry area, but there’s flooding everywhere. I gave up trying to get home this morning and finally found a coffee shop to post up at. The first 3 I went to were closed/under water.
If the citizens of NO got together and said “we will split the resources, money, brain power and creativity 50/50 between fixing the infrastructure of our city and...parades.” That place would be the most advanced city in the world.

Last edited:
2011 was the first. I had just gotten back from the sandbox, remember it vividly. A great day to be alive for sure. Bonzo nation pool was a blast.

5/5 footballs.

The only one firing perfect strikes. Channeling my inner Jared. RIP big guy.

You are talking about the 2nd gyero Olympics, the watered down one that only half of us competed in.
The 1st, original and only gyero Olympics that counted I won the football throwing contest.
Stop referring to that watered down garbage as the gyero Olympics.

Last edited:
Not my fault you didn’t show, not like it wasn’t advertised.

I’d have smoked anybody that day, was in the zone. Could throw a ball over a mountain.

You are talking about the 2nd gyero Olympics, the watered down one that only half of us competed in.
The 1st, original and only gyero Olympics that counted I won the football throwing contest.
Stop referring to that watered down garbage as the gyero Olympics.

The defending champ and the runner up was there for the 2nd one and I took them down... can’t call it watered down when the guys nobody could beat the year before showed up and competed. You can’t pick and choose which GYEROlympics to acknowledge

Reactions: drxman1
If Matt Jones runs as an independent against McConnell and McGrath (and it sounds like he's going to), that might be the smartest play possible.

- Woken up at 11 on a GD Wednesday night by some idiot shooting off fireworks for two minutes straight. Odds these people have a Dixie flag license plate: OVER

- Hope it snows every damn day this winter.:pray:

- Thanks, Rob- as usual, was wondering what the hell Boat was talking about.

- GYEROlympics :joy: Between that and the tailgate banner ...

- I don’t put much stock into summer league, but very cool that Herro is balling out. Not surprised. Think he’ll have a nice, long NBA career.

Reactions: UKRob 73
It’s amazing to me how much more loose our dudes look and play on offense in the NBA. I get that it’s summer league and the NBA is all about freedom movement but still.

Struggling our ass off to score 60 points against Wofford and Houston is a crime. I understand Cal wants structure on offense, like all college coaches do, but it’s no coincidence that during the USC game in 2016 after Cal got booted and both Bahamas trips guys were out there just playing ball. They weren’t looking over their shoulder and natural instincts and ability took over.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO11! Fists up. GOOOOOOOOO1!!

This shit needs to change. Kenny Payne or Robes can have tough conversations with their boss. Lil Errand Boy Joel Justus can’t/won’t.

Yep. Run a race against the Senate majority leader with no built in fundraising or infrastructure. Brill. I. Ant.

A democrat sure as hell isn't winning a statewide election and Jones is unique with his established brand name. There are a lot of republicans who can't stand Mitch but won't vote democrat. Cocaine Mitch is going to win regardless, but a three party race is interesting and probably better for Jones long term.

Summer League is glorified pick-up. No wonder our guys look more loose than when their a-holes are puckering in March.

Why didn’t A-aron look as good in the NBA as he did in the NCAA? What about Doron?

I’m not going to blame Cal because our sharpshooter couldn’t hit 3s at a 20% clip when it mattered. Tired of this bullshit. Sack up and hit a shot. PJ sure looked loose this March.

I don't believe this at all. If there's a coach out there who's always been straight as an arrow, it's Mark Gottfried.

Tyler Herro came here as a shooting guard with a broken shot, now he’s a star PG in the NBA! Can you believe it?

Love me some Tyler Herro, but he may not even be the MVP of his team, much less the Summer League. Kendrick Nunn leads the team in scoring and assist 21/6.3 per, while shooting 55% from the field.

My boy Vanderbilt leading the league in rebounding at 12 per game. Two games back to back double doubles. 20 / 17 last night and 12 / 12 the game before.

Reactions: jameslee32
Tell you who looks good ----> Anfernee Simons for Portland., former UofL commit. That kid has some *serious* game.

I love watching Summer League. While it's not that important for the signed guys, the bulk of those dudes are playing for a spot/career.

RJ looking like dog.

Effing bitch. Zion can say all the right things or whatever but you can't tell me those other Duke kids liked playing with the guy.

Tatum was a gun, too. But at least he has an offensive game that doesn't consist of bullying his way into the paint and is conducive to this decade.

The defending champ and the runner up was there for the 2nd one and I took them down... can’t call it watered down when the guys nobody could beat the year before showed up and competed. You can’t pick and choose which GYEROlympics to acknowledge

You seem like a sweet person kgar, but you don't finish top 10 in the real gyero Olympics, probably somewhere around 12th with BBDK.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Wait just a damn minute - they made Ariel BLACK???? Is this what trump meant when he said he’s make America great again? A BLACK mermaid?? I swear to GOD if I don’t win that Toyota 4 runner I am going to SHIT
Bad news bub but that 4Runner is mine

*pulls down heavily discounted Ray Ban sunglasses and peels out*

<---4th in the Real GYERO Olympics. Stole that spot from Geese on the last event, he wilted.

I wilted the second we got back to Bonzo Nation.

I was actually leading the thing until stupid pushups, pullups, and cornhole was introduced. I would have been in an even better position had B$ and Sloot figured out how to use a stopwatch in the stupid 40 yard dash or whatever. I beat Boat by a good step and somehow we tied? False, tootsies.

You seem like a sweet person kgar, but you don't finish top 10 in the real gyero Olympics, probably somewhere around 12th with BBDK.

I took down the #1 and #2 finishers from your “real” GYEROLYMPICS. Not sure how you can even type the above :joy: Guess Bonzo and Richie got lucky the first time?

Reactions: drxman1
I go back to Adolph Rupp’s and even appreciate Roy Williams’ philosophy.. I have the horses. Our opponents don’t. As a result, I want more possessions.

Sure it’s a risk giving your opponents more possessions but you can still be great defensively per possession and also not employ a stall ball wait until there’s 4 seconds left on the shot clock throw up some bullshit philosophy on offense.

We always get super conservative on offense in March. Cost us the 2015 immortality title and damn near bit us in the ass against Kansas in 2012.

I am still the only Gyerolympian to win 2 events in a single Olympics.

I had a real shot at winning the sprint until I pulled a hammy.

Why did we let Anth make/change rules as we went? He decided that if I didn't compete in the half mile run, I was DQ'd from the whole thing. Bullshit.

Most importantly,it was fun and we raised some cash. BonzoNation was awesome.

Geese was definitely MVP of jump ball in the pool.

Good times.

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT