ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to smoke opium when I disembark from a long flight.

Does your credit card give you VIP access to the exclusive network of worldwide Opium SkyDens? Because mine does.

Yeah, I should pick up ultra-marathoning for life long back issues. That'll do it. Probably stick with low impact cardio (cycling) and lifting program specifically to address the issues. Thanks. Brandon, have no idea who you are, but we can do a plank-off if you'd like.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
-Props to A. McGrath for saying "Good to have you" to Jake Tapper at the end of HIS interview of HER yesterday. I mean, there's a 90 percent chance that each of us would freeze up like that on national TV, but with as many interviews as she's done over the last three years, you'd think she would know that a simple "Thank you" is the go-to there.

A plank-off will provide a stunning conclusion to the new gyerolympics; however, let's not get ahead of ourselves. There are several more key athletic contests to even make it to the plank-off.

Exercises-for-Seniors-1-Single-Limb-Stance.jpg

Exercises-for-Seniors-4-Clock-Reach.jpg

Exercises-for-Seniors-9-Wall-Pushups.jpg

Exercises-for-Seniors-12-Shoulder-Rolls.jpg

Exercises-for-Seniors-11-Toe-Lifts.jpg

There was a dude we had in class from elementary-middle school who was the most unathletic guy probably in the entire class....but he would beat everyone's plank time by infinity in those President's Fitness things or whatever. It was ridiculous. Actually, it was the thing where you 'sit' against a wall.

#coolstorybro

Those things sucked, btw - pretty sure they were State Mandated? Took up like 2 weeks of Dodgeball time :uzi:

-Kates taking Kash to SEC Media Days [laughing]:fire::fire:

Last edited:
Damn, wasn’t too long ago one of the Gyerolympics events was consecutive true pushups without stopping (one of the individual categories I won ) and now “plank-offs” are being thrown around.

Sigh, life comes at you fast I guess :confused:

Bonzo won neither the push-up nor the pull-up competition. He insisted on maintaining perfect form, a consistent, smooth effort each way, and, hand to god, was checking himself out and posing the entire time from start to finish.

Richie did the most pushups, but was DQd for essentially just humping the ground and calling it a rep. F you, pal. Not gonna cut it.

Bonzo won neither the push-up nor the pull-up competition. He insisted on maintaining perfect form, a consistent, smooth effort each way, and, hand to god, was checking himself out and posing the entire time from start to finish.

Richie did the most pushups, but was DQd for essentially just humping the ground and calling it a rep. F you, pal. Not gonna cut it.

If Sloot would’ve counted the 9 extra pushups I did that were 95% ‘pure’ I would’ve beaten the next closest by double digits instead of by just a few

As the football passing and overhand pull-up champ, I can attest there were many with bad form. Bunch of humpers. Don’t think Bonzo was really interested in winning, more just checking himself out.

Also the only one that did over 50 pushups on their knuckles (but that’s because I can’t do regular pushups.)

As the football passing and overhand pull-up champ, I can attest there were many with bad form. Bunch of humpers. Don’t think Bonzo was really interested in winning, more just checking himself out.

Also the only one that did over 50 pushups on their knuckles (but that’s because I can’t do regular pushups.)

/360, boat, porsche, parking lot rambo

* I believed 73 and I tied by going something like 4-10 from the free throw line. And of course you know who was convinced the rims were tight. For him, but not for anyone else, of course.

* City is flooded again. My house is always high and dry, but I literally can't get there until the water goes down. Too many closed streets. 3 inches of rain in an hour will do that.

* Reds update at the All Star break: last place in the NL Central. 12th best record in the 15-team National League. Basically, where they've been all f'ing season. I love my Redlegs, and if they make the playoffs, I'll look like Cytherea at 29:15 of a 30-minute prono. I just don't understand where anyone's enthusiasm could possibly come from about this team.

* Went down a Norm McDonald wormhole on YouTube last night.

in norwich connecticut, a local museum has made a long overdue effort at racial reconciliation by returning 21 ancient tribal artifacts to the mohegan indians. but as for everything else in the country.....we'll be keeping that.

:joy::joy::joy:

* Congrats to your Roller Derby Girl/Senate candidate for raising $2.5 million in the first 24 hours of her campaign. Seriously, what kind of asshole donates money to these campaigns? I'm assuming the same types that fill the pockets of Creflo Dollar, Robert Tilton, Joel Osteen, etc?

* Shaun Livingston waived by the Warriors. What a unique career that guy has had. He's lasted 15 years despite completely destroying his knee, coming straight out of high school, and averaging a robust 6 points, 3 points, and 2 boards a game. $50 million over his career, essentially for being a dependable backup and a really solid teammate and locker room guy. Awesome.

* Here's a story I've never heard before. Slap hitting shortstop Alfredo Griffin once made the All Star game because he just happened to be in town.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/07/09/alfredo-griffin-mlb-all-star-game-selection-snubs

His teammate (Damaso Garcia) made the team in 84, and was allowed to bring a +1 along for the trip. His wife had other plans, so he took Griffin along for the trip. Alan Trammell pulled out of the game at the last minute, so Griffin was subbed in his place. Marcus. He hit .241 with 4 home runs and 30 rbi that year. :joy:

Hey, if you're not busy tomorrow. Wanna play in the All Star game?

Federer and Nadal are still winning Grand Slams because tennis sucks and America hasn't produced a tennis player worth a damn in 30 years. Fuh real.

Last edited:
Reactions: drxman1
Funny thing about the GYEROlympics.......that was at least 7-8 years ago. So, we were mostly in our early 30s. And still suffered a few pulled hammies, torn muscles, lots of fractured egos and broken souls. Cannot even imagine trying that same format now that we're mostly officially over the hill. :joy:

2011 was the first. I had just gotten back from the sandbox, remember it vividly. A great day to be alive for sure. Bonzo nation pool was a blast.

5/5 footballs.

The only one firing perfect strikes. Channeling my inner Jared. RIP big guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT