ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoka cracks my ass up. Ten years ago it was basically just the official shoe of the over obsessed ultrarunning nerd, and that’s the only time you’d see them. Now they’re errywhere, and yet it still catches me off guard when I see a non runner sporting them. Nurses, old men, service industry, etc.

Can’t even imagine how much they’re crushing it — $150+ and a pretty minuscule marketing budget. Kudos.
Hoka builds the lightest/comfiest shoe. My quest to find that grail ended with my 2016 Konas.

Boomer Esiason talks about Hoka on his national radio show regularly for free endorsement.

Plus - Nike’s are garbage.

I still hate everyone. The offender and the numbskull twats that get offended on each side. America is great at coming together when the shit hits the fan, but GD are we a nauseating bunch when it comes to opinions.

Other than the possibility of nuclear holocaust, maybe a war with the Ruskies wouldn't be such a bad thing. We could reintroduce the draft and toughen up the millennial generation.

Of course Russian teenagers have survived krocodile, Putin, and everyone wearing track suits while our pack of pussies worries about which bathroom trans people use, so maybe we don't want any part of that fight.

Shorts:

- Hit up GABP Sunday afternoon. So disgustingly hot, we lasted a whole two innings in our seats. Always good to see Cub Fan leaving with a big L, tho.

- Always have been a sucker for a good U-S-A chant in public places, especially during the Olympics, World Cup, etc.

- So, mailmen in Louisville are totally avoiding certain streets because of dog attacks. Sounds about right. The “Beware of Dog” sign marcus welby that shit town’s municipal flag.

- Enjoying all the NBA talk.

- Anyone taken part in any blue cave excursions in the Mediterranean?

- F the far left, but jeezus, the hyper-patriotic types are annoying, too.

- Just grab a pair of American Flag Vans, dudes and dudettes.

- Best coverable song: Wild Horses

- Worst coverable song: Wagon Wheel (you hacks cannot replicate the necessary harmony)

- Polo, shorts and flops. All summer.

- How much are mini-splits running, Anth? Our upstairs is hot AF in the summer.

- Good documentary recs?

- Where’s SAE been?

- 73- how are the boys doing this season?

-Your BIL is a badass HVAC tech. He can buy some scratch and dent stuff for cheap and install for a couple dusty bottles of bourbon. But new, with a new electric circuit, we're going to be starting at 5k+. I worship ours, little suckers are amazing. Complete game changer and long term solution.

-We looked heavily at the Blue Cave tours but WS isn't good with motion or boats and it's nearly a 2 hour ride. Turned out to be a good decision as we were both hungover AF in Split.

-Fly Fishing, something I've never done that I'd like to get into. Going to try while in Colorado in a few months. Love fishing and this is just a more pretentious version. Sounds like it's perfect for me.

-Heat needs to crank up just a little bit over the next few weeks then settle back in the mid-80's until November. :pray: (Indian Summer)

-Going to celebrate being an American by absolutely punishing a massive steak, washing it down with California wine, and topping off with a bourbon. LFG.

-Goal being installed next [jumpingsmile]

The mere thought of that disgusting hot dog eating contest drops the 4th of July lower on the holiday hierarchy than it ever should be. Nauseating.

* Finished up World Without End, the second novel in Ken Follett's Kingsbridge series. Just a tidy little 1100 page jaunt through historical, fictional England. I enjoy it, but don't necessarily recommend it.

* A River Runs Through It -- an all-time classic, speaking of fly fishing.

* From SI and Adrian Wojo....

There is "not a market" for DeMarcus Cousins during free agency this year. He has a slim chance of receiving a one-year deal with double-digit millions with a big market team.

Damn, son. Just sucks how the game has changed away from needing big men with his ridiculous skill, and how his achilles injury has derailed his career. A healthy Big Cuz in any other era is an all time great, and a Hall of Famer.

* Underrated songs by favorite artists...

Jason Isbell = Super 8
Tyler Childers = Messed Up Kid
Drive By Truckers = Filthy and Fried
Jimmy Buffett = West Nashville Grand Ballroom Gown
Turnpike Troubadours = Kerosene
Ryan Bingham = Junky Star

* Turns out Little Nas X is a homo, to pile onto the existing mountain of irony. Congrats on your coming out, homie.

* All the years later, and England can still eat a big fat D. Happy 4th, America.

Reactions: Hankshaker
I've been watching & studying @lookatthisrussian daily for years now, so I'm pretty much an expert on Russians. Cracks me up how little reaction these people show during crazy ass events :joy:. I wouldn't want any smoke w/ any of their trained soldiers.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
My new summer shoe of choice when flip flops are not acceptable:
WALLY-WASHED-MUD-02_900x_49defb2a-9410-4b07-a5de-de0acea3acb6_900x.jpg

Hey Dude it's true, I simply just dont give a f**k anymore. Wear these things to the office and am SUPER unprofessional lately. Vacation can't begin quick enough.

Anybody in HHI next week, holler.

[smoke]

-marathon read to catch up on GYERO. The summer ebb and flow of interesting conversation and worthless filler is perfect.

-best breakfast spot in the highlands?

-there needs to be an Olympic/world cup style sporting event in June/July every summer.

-went down a Rap City: The Basement rabbit hole on YouTube. I remember as a kid not noticing the difference between guys who really freestyled and guys who clearly rehearsed.

- anyone checked on Mashburned since his folks started violating Blue Bell? A real identity crisis moment.

- I know Cousins had that groin injury mid season, but before that he looked like a contributor. That said he is 4 years younger than Durant, who in fact is pretty close in his career to Kobe who retired one season after making his way back from an Achilles injury.

That’s a long winded way of saying that the Nets are stupid, and so are all the teams that need a big.

- Of course Facebook has server issues blocking my pic of a badass home project for Down Home Bourbon that I squeezed to be done in time for the 4th.

Speaking of Russians.

https://fox2now.com/2019/07/03/facebook-outages-reported-worldwide/

- I love summer and the heat, but I can’t stomach anything more than a salad at this point of the day.

- Superchefs was really good, but 4-1/2 people cost me $90 including 20% tip.

North End Cafe is great, and if by chance you venture out of the Highlands Metro Dinner for breakfast might be better than all the other options.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
I’d love to see Cousins get one more fat contract, but the guy has made around $85,000,000.00, so I won’t shed too many tears for him.

I’m not familiar with that brand, but those are constructed with used wine corks and dirty dish rags, right?

They are Hey Dude shoes and Ive bought a few pairs from ones made with plastic from recycled milk jugs and tampons to others made of wood and clothing from children at the border . All of them super comfortable and light, kind of like your $150 Hokas. Every day is Earth Day PTi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT