ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
9-10 year olds first rec league baseball games of the year kicked off last night. Tie game in the 6th, kid on second, batter hits a ball into shallow center. Kid running from second headed toward third to score the go ahead run...kid playing third hammers him with a full out WWE clothes line. Within seconds both dads are on the field ready to throw down. Umpire and coaches have to break it up. final tally ... game suspended as a tie, two dads ejected from the ball park for the season and one third baseman suspended upon league review of behavior detrimental to the game. Ahhh rec league baseball, glad your back. My kid missed the action as he was popping the heads off dandelions in right field, singing "mommy had a baby and its head popped off" over and over

All I ask is that you true bourbon enthusiasts learn the difference between truly great product and overmarketed, overpriced horsepiss.

I’ll be honest. I’ve got my doubts about some of you.

What is some overmarketed overpriced horsepiss?

Reactions: krazykats
Here we go. Do your "too cool" thing, GYERO.

Got a couple really expensive bourbons I was given so I'm going to crack one tonight and send pics to Brooks while he sits there impressing people with his crap bourbon.

You’ve got some pretty ‘infamous bourbon’ as well.

Hope you shared.

Old Forrester Rye is the best bang for your buck. Hands down.

Neat, on ice, mixer (old fashioned, Manhattan, etc). Extremely versatile and $20 at Kroger.

And scotch still sucks.

Eff y'all.

Snagged some Puebla and Oaxhacan mezcal on my trip. Even got some worm/ant salt to throw on the orange chaser. Will let you guys know.

- Never fails that anytime LL is brought up we are reminded that PTI played in Gardenside league.

^thanks.

Justa’s family.
The shit is already sold out in Knoxville, don’t think it was too big of a secret.

I’m fine doh, been drinking Scotch for yrs and will until my fat ass drops. And for *cheap* in Scotch standards, Glenfiddich is a damn good option, but Macallan is my norm. gravitate to Bushmills Black (Irish) when I want a lighter option.

You wanna take a deep dive into WWI on some bike rides Hardcore History “Blueprint for Armageddon” will do the trick, podcast wise.

Can’t like this enough. About 25 straight hours of nerd awesomeness. This former history major loves some Dan Carlin Hardcore History and that series is some of his best work.

Had a double Makers at happy hour, and can confirm that it is still quite good.

wcc, your best man ordered a neat 4RSB and they brought him a large brandy snifter half full of whiskey. He should be pretty primed for the night.

Fort Mitchell Public House - horrible place, but insanely generous pours.

What is some overmarketed overpriced horsepiss?

Jefferson’s Ocean is a great example. They take perfectly fine bourbon, then sail it around the world on a gd cargo boat (for that vintage saltwater taste we all crave in our favorite spirit), and sell it — along with their bullshit story — for $75-100/bottle.

If you own any of this crap, DO BETTER.

That’s not GYEROMAN. That’s KSR After Dark nonsense right there.

You’re a complete imbecile. They sail it around 4 times. And I’m sure it’s on a 17th century schooner. Do better simpleton.

*thought you made that shit up and had no clue it was a real product/story.

It will be wonderful when the bourbon “boom” is over. Maybe the orange man’s tariffs will destroy the overseas markets and help us out. It is tiring to walk into a Liquor Barn / Party Source type of place and not be able to find something that is both interesting and readily available. I don’t have the time or patience anymore to hunt/search for rare bourbons.

Makers/Woodford/etc. are great bourbons and love having them readily available at restaurants, but they don’t scratch that itch on the evening sofa. And the whiskeys that are readily handy and moderately intriguing - Kentucky Spirit, for example - all cost fifty bucks plus. A lot of money for a good, but not great, whiskey.

This is one of the reasons I have delved deeply into scotch in the past couple years. Yes, you pay for it. But the variety, age, and interest level simply cannot be matched with the current readily available domestic offerings.

/TLDR

Rack Wynn. I’m not drinking them at home, but they are ole reliable when away at times.

In a foreign place: “I’m thinking bourbon”.

Dumb chick: Oh I love bourbon, we actually have Jack & Crown on special :uzi:

Times like those Makers or Woodford are a Godsend. Not to mention their status as OGs of this shit. Show some respect for your elders imo.

Wynn gets it[thumb2].

I love trying different brands, ages, and regions of Scotch. Some are :fire: and some turn out to taste like a bums nut sack, part of the enjoyment. I can go to Total Wine and grab everything I need. Easy peasy.

Plus it pairs damn well with my cigar vice, which quite frankly has gotten out of hand:flushed:

UK commit Andru Phillips trolling USCjr is great.

Peep the gloves, guy in front laying down
D9DgqQLXoAc7qwv

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT