ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of renovations, we were always planning to get new cabinets and flooring in our kitchen/back den and around April my wife decided it would be a great time to do it. I told her that might not be the best idea since she was since she was 7 months pregnant at the time and it's likely going to stress her out because it'll be cutting it close. She said it won't bother her, she's not worried about it, she's got more important things to worry about, she won't be cooking 8 months pregnant anyway etc.

Spoiler warning: We're not going to be done completely by the time the baby gets here and she's worried/bothered by it.

-USOpen is best on the West Coast. Worship watching it in PT.

-Got an event to attend in Telluride this fall. I've never been in that area so I'm looking forward to that. Maybe a lil trail ride?

-KC 120, Stagg Jr, 4 Roses Barrel and Elijah Craig Barrel are all so good they're dangerous. 120+ adds up quick. I keep it to a 1 drink max on those suckers.

-A good cheapo is the Evan Williams white label or single barrel if you're enamored by wax on a bottle.

-Speaking of Scotch, worked on a Balvenie 15 Sherry Cask. :pimp: That is a fine f*cking whiskey.

-Reading that suggest Mt. Everest book and the early voyages are all centered around WW1 survivors in the early 1920s. Talk about a brutal war, it's just hard to comprehend that type of warfare.

-Just really looking at middleclassfancy on IG. :joy: I was laughing out loud 2 nights ago.

-So the Zags in London? Sounds good to me. Need to figure out how to turn that into an extended vacation.

Reactions: WynnDuffy
Been away from KY 5 yrs now, kinda glad i've missed whatever the eff this grown men collecting bourbon like Beanie Babies fad has become.

I have 4-5 brands of Scotch and 1 brand of silver tequila, they are ALWAYS in stock. Seems a lot simpler.

Reactions: roguemocha
Awesome, so now according to the too cool for school snarks... collecting bourbon is trendy and dumb. Gotcha. Makers and Miller Lite with anything but a steak, is that correct?

One of the greatest bands of the last 35 years.

I don’t care who I piss off, they’re shit.

Truly an indictment on American culture, much like Wal Mart being the most popular retailer or Myrtle Beach being the most popular ocean destination.

Shameful.

Reactions: Col. Angus
^
that one Michael Stipe is very somber and serious in the video. You 'member that ONE.

My son has profited from BIG TIME YMCA T-BALL mostly as an avenue to try all the sugary drinks that he never knew existed.

Four year olds are known to develop a “deep down body thirst” after an hour of wandering around the coolest sandbox they’ve ever seen and throwing the ball around. I’m glad some parents had the foresight to provide cool 12 ounces of orange Gatorade to quench said thirst.

Hi-C was a revelation as well, IIRC.

Everybody hurts
It’s the end of the world as we know it

Right? Are those REM songs? If they are I agree that band sucks. And so does Billy Joel. Like BIG TIME

Paying 300 for the dogshit that is Kentucky Owl is shameful, because it’s awful. Is Woodford still considered good? That one is easy to find, otherwise all scotch for me

Back to country, spent what felt like a month trying to keep up with Sirius Channel 4's Top 1,000 Country Songs of All-Time. Caught the last 10 and was steamed to hear Eric Church (Springsteen) and Jason Aldean (Dirt Road Anthem) in the Top 10 (5 and 9, respectively). Church had two in the Top 20.

BIG OUT on that. Finished it up with Garth Brooks - Friends in Low Places at the top. [sick]

Spending thousands of dollars on bottles of liquor for the primary purpose of talking about spending thousands of dollars on said liquor is stupid, yes. Hope that clears it up.

Obviously this doesn't apply to anyone in GYERO. Everyone has rare bottles of bourbon that they wait in line for because they are world class bourbon tasters.

Reactions: roguemocha
“Springstein” is outstanding. Top 10? IDK but really sound country song worthy of its name.

Joey is weird.

:100points:

- Down Home just received my bottle capsules from China.

Now if my label printer would allow my label maker to relax on his vacation it would be a minor miracle.

- I don’t see why collecting is considered lame here?

I have close to 60 bottles with my #1 being a Heaven Hill 27 that will be opened when UK wins their 9th.

If trades or decent sells present themselves before hand I’ll gladly partake, but it will take me awhile to drink all this stuff. Some will be written off as R&D too!

Yes, Woodford is still a damn good bourbon and $28 so hard to beat.

I get that it’s my schtick and all to be the uncultured redneck heathen from jessamine county, but I swear to god $12 very old Barton gets me the exact amount of buzzed I need to be, and the premixed chi chis margaritas do as well. And y’all realize tomorrow is Naturday, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT