ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for asking, UCL. As a matter of fact, we did. Came into the game as a major underdog to the *previously* undefeated reds, who had spent the entire season having batting practice against the league. We stunned the world and brought home the big trophy. My son played beautifully. Made some diving catches, big hits. He’s a stud little first baseman. He managed to infuriate the opposing coach by fielding a grounder, staring down the hitter and slow trotting for a third out at first. Other coach actually came over to our dug out to complain about my son showboating. My kid wears an 18” Cuban link chain to practice. Showboating is what he does. Don’t like it? F you. Enjoy your drive home, see you next season, bitch.

Hear me out- but a GYERO meet up at a youth baseball game may not be the worst idea we’ve ever had in this thread

Recreating the scene from Good Will Hunting.

Brown bagging 40s
Checking out the soccer moms
Breaking down the skill set of various 11 year olds
Maybe putting in some side bets
Openly talking smack
Plotting a fist fight in the parking lot

We should make it an annual event.

In college we definitely made some trips back to Gardenside to play home run derby. Minor League field, not the Little League field. Because of course. We mashed.

For all you bourbons, what are your recs for some that are not so sweet. I drank bourbon all through college, mostly Makers, but I haven't been able to sniff the stuff for 20 yrs now. Been pretty much only Scotch for last 20 years so looking for a bourbon that doesn't have the sweetness, prefer more of the complex smokey taste. I've tried to read up on the differences but figured I'd come to the elite authorities on the subject.

I was HEAVY on the Dodgers at +150 over the Reds last night... after seeing the pregame pic of the younger Rax kid- that game was over before it started.

Reactions: B Rax
What's up with all the country? Didn't some of you grow up in cities? I grew up in Louisville in the 80's and only listened to country in the car with my parents. That some of you would rather listen to Tracy Lawrence over REM, U2, Replacements, Smiths etc...makes me question your opinions on everything else.

Doesn't have to have a smokey taste, really just don't want to really sweet taste a la Makers. From what I was perusing last night looks like the ones containing rye aren't as sweet. Amirite?
Not switching by any means, love Scotch too damn much, just want to see if I can make amends with at least a couple bourbon brands.

I'm sure some of the bourbon honks would fondle them self over that site krazy but I really don't want to read through hundreds of reviews. Just personal recs from the trustworthy GYERO men.

-Grew up in RURAL Va tobacco country, 30K in entire county. Racial split was 50/50 so friends helped form music taste. I was just as apt to blast Ice Cube as I was Collin Raye pulling the '86 Nissan Extended Cab into the high school parking lot. :fire:

Reactions: wcc31
Top 5 Tracy Lawrence songs imo:

1. I See It Now
2. Alibis
3. Paint Me a Birmingham
4. Is That a Tear
5. As Any Fool Can See

HM: Stars Over Texas, Sticks and Stones, Texas Tornado, Time Marches On

Just an outstanding catalogue.

Throw in "Somebody Paints The Wall". Tracy Lawrence will be in the best town on earth Madisonville to play. Might have go back to that shit hole and check him out.

Let me see if I can remember how this is done...

*I coached my 5 year old twins in soccer this year. The oneupsmanship with parents is out of control. The first game I brought capri suns for all the kids but didn't bring snacks and the other team had snacks so we had to start that as well. The game lasts 45 freaking minutes, most of the kids have just eaten breakfast and aren't hungry anyway...but the horror of being the only ones without chips and fruit rollups on the sidelines! That said, I had a good group of kids/parents.

*My boy couldn't careless about soccer, lays down on the ground and cries most of the time. He got kicked in the face in the last game and I ran by him and told him to get up. Had to explain the the spectators it was my child so tough love was "ok". Still felt judged. Oh well, later in the car he told me that soccer wasn't his "destiny". Fine by me son, pick up that golf club.

*Gotta say, I forgot the Finals were on last night. A weird series but deserving champ. The NBA offseason will be bonkers.

*The US Open @ Pebble with this leaderboard is just fantastic...golf at its finest.

*Golf nerds, the Shotgun Start is a great pod.

*Speaking of, I have a developed a snap hook that it slowly deteriorating my game like a group of termites eating a house from the inside out.

*Condolences to SAE re: Cal's new deal.

*As cliche as it sounds, the gridiron cayts are only as good as Terry is this year. Going to have to score more points and can't rely on cheat mode (nod to PTI) to bail us out time and again.

*Finally finished a full house remod which took about 4 months, two of which we lived with my parents. HGTV should be sued for fraud, every husband whose wife watches that stuff should be entitled to emotional and financial damages.

Hopefully without Benny we actually try to develop some semblance of a rhythm passing game. Quick outs, swing passes, TE releases, etc. You know, things that Terry is actually decent at.

No complaints after a 10 win season, but next year we just can't line up and push people's ish in. Moving the pocket and getting Bowden more touches should be top priority.

2019 Bourbon Guy turning his nose up at Maker's Mark is *easily* one of the most regrettable things about the bourbon boom.

It doesn't have to be your favorite, but some level of respect is warranted. Without Bill Samuels' branding genius none of this even happens IMO.
Oh the bottle looks great. The distillery is beautiful. I'm not being a snob... you can pick up 15 cheaper bottles that taste much better.

Can anyone confirm this is young Rax:

tenor.gif

Reactions: roguemocha
Total Wine here is out of Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve 120, of course.

I'll keep an eye out, thanks peeps.

I'm sure when I stop by one of the staff will help me find a great one, that somehow always ends up being one of their private labels.

Reactions: anthonys735
I've tried a few of the Private Select bottles and thought they were as good as anything, especially for a bottle that you can still find. Tough to beat a Makers and Sprite on gameday... throw on a little country music...

RE: parents/Youth Sports
A few of the more competitive clubs here have instituted rules that no parent can coach or be on the staff of their child's team. Some have gone as far as having a 100 yard rule that parents cannot encroach any closer during practice. The results seem to be overwhelmingly positive.

Reactions: jayroon
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT