ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Billions finished strong, and gets back to the original reason the show was a hit.

- The NBA Finals is the most drawn out championship event in all of sports. All to get a possible game 7 on a Sunday?

- Spent the morning trying to figure out why our dryer is turning off and giving a “check filter” signal. After hours of detaching connections in the house, then under the house, I found a birds nest clogging up the vent outside. :mad:

- By the time I turn 40 in October I will have 4 sons. My father adopted me, after dating my mom awhile and my biological father proving to be a POS, when he was 45. The age gap between us always caused regret on my part after he passed, and that for some reason has really made me appreciate my kids enough to be the best I can for them.

Father’s Day coming up and it’s been heavy this year around.

- I forgot how good Bud Light Orange is, :cheers2:

- After thinking on all the material stuff my wife has that really annoys me I have some reality for PTI.

Buddy I don’t know what to tell you about the move in’s stuff, but you can kiss your shit good bye!

- Billions finished strong, and gets back to the original reason the show was a hit.

I mean I agree, but you posted this at the beginning of the season finale? Next season should be great.

This weather blows. Please GTFO.

Prime first cut ny strip tonight, yes please.

Reactions: roguemocha
As a complete hockey novice- Stanley Cup Finals game 7 is still probably a must watch.

Bourbon tasting cumulative rankings from the group:
1. Mckenna 10
2. Four Roses Small Batch Select
3. Elijah Craig Small Batch Barrel Proof B518
4. Weller SR
5. EH Taylor Small Batch
6. Stagg Jr

Was a really good time- will probably do it again in the fall or when it gets cooler out.

As big of a BGE fan as I am, I'm curious to try something else out. Maybe a pellet grill or even one of those pit barrel smokers. Certainly don't need one- but i'm curious.

In an ongoing war with ground squirrels, I recently went with the chipper dipper method to entrap them in a bucket half full of water, sprinkled with sunflower seeds... drowning is an tough way for a rodent to go out, so I recommend having a pellet gun handy to put them down quicker.

* Per an article I read in the paper this morning, Southern Baptists don’t allow women to preach. WTF?? Welcome to the 21st century.

* Picking up dog #2 from the vet this morning. Turns out it’s a messed up kneecap and not an ACL sprain. Good news, I suppose.

* RIP Bushwick Bill. He once shot himself in the eye while F’d up on Everclear and PCP. I mean, ftmfw. :scream:

* Golden State wins tonight and pushes this to game 7. If I’m not mistaken, that’s if necessarily scheduled for early September.

* Top 5 people who can go F themselves:

1) people who engage in arguments in the comments section of the online newspaper
2) anyone who uses social media to peddle their health and wellness MLM, particularly if they’re fat
3) UKO, because obvi
4) USPS — not delivery people, but the ones who work the cashier/checkout line
5) coal miners

* I’m a big believer that when fans interfere with athletes during game play, they deserve a beat down. However, this Warriors co-owner Mark Stevens stuff....[eyeroll]

- one year suspension
- $50 million fine
- never allowed to attend a game again
- forced to sell the team

(ok, not all those options have been discussed, but it’s close)

* BBdK typically gets obsessed with one murder mystery every couple of years. Casey Anthony, Amanda Shaw.....is the Dominican Republic couple next? I can only imagine how jacked up Nancy Grace is right now.

Squirrel :
_93629734_thinkstockphotos-625798052.jpg

Clark: DROWN BITCH!

- Happy Two-Day Hangover! Really enjoying the general malaise, clammy hands and self-loathing.

- I like Asheville. Cool area. Of course, I’d have a good time anywhere getting schnockered all weekend with my two childhood buddies. Doubt I’ll ever go back but for a weekend, nice time.

- Probably should have added a non-drinking excursion Saturday late morning but the weather didn’t cooperate. So just started pounding at noon again.

- Had multiple Richie-like experiences with dickhead hipster waitstaff. Kinda surprised. We’re not an overly preppy or needy bunch.

- Apparently the barrel from which my McKenna 10 Year was procured wasn’t very good because I’ve never been a fan.

Last edited:
Wife has become quite the bird enthusiast. We have bird feeders everywhere now, She’s going through 5pounds of seed a week. Squirrels are now her nemesis. She’s even posting about how rude the squirrels are to eat the birds food...Can’t wait to tell her about clark’s bucket trick tonight.

Reactions: _Chase_
-used the seeds/bucket method before. Seems gross...but burrowing rodents are terrible for your foundations.

-home alone from Tuesday-Friday. Im sure ill miss everyone after a bit...but the quiet will be glorious.

Reactions: drxman1
Squirrels don't bother me at all. I made feeders for them by using the big saucer looking bases for potted plants. Keeps them off the bird feeders. They don't dig in the yard, skunks are my big issue. Bastards are all over the neighborhood and easily have dug 100's of holes in the yard and mulch. Not to mention sprayed my dog twice, me once.

Sitting out back with a stogie and scotch watching the squirrels, chipmunks, and birds is a relaxing evening for this guy.

- I like Asheville. Cool area. Of course, I’d have a good time anywhere getting schnockered all weekend with my two childhood buddies. Doubt I’ll ever go back but for a weekend, nice time.

- Probably should have added a non-drinking excursion Saturday late morning but the weather didn’t cooperate. So just started pounding at noon again.

- Had multiple Richie-like experiences with dickhead hipster waitstaff. Kinda surprised. We’re not an overly preppy or needy bunch.
Damn, I love being right.

-We have a dog next door who's mission in life is to catch chipmunks, rabbits, and squirrels. He's damn good at it but he digs the hell out of their yard. Little rabbit family made the mistake of relocating either in their back yard or too close because he's wearing the babies out. I do like the chipmunks though, little rascals can tell when WS's tomatoes are ripe.

-68 and sunny on Thursday, looks like we got spring backwards again. Ready for some actual heat.

-Was given a pair of Hamilton tickets so that is pretty wodie. Been on the list for a bit so we'll check that and Bar Vetti off at the same time.

-US Open week. Not a fan of how rushed this seems with the PGA move.

-Secret Life of Pets 2 gets a thumbs up from me. Not a lot of original stuff out there right now so anything other than a remake or 4th Yeti movie of the year is a relief.

-Did the NBA finals end without me knowing it? Feels like a month since the last game.

-Glad we're getting Blackshear on campus. Make the right call, big fella.

Reactions: BristolCat
wcc your a idiot a lot of us would have given a lot to spend the weekend posting up with crafties and looking at nature

You know what you are? You’re Matt Damon at the end of Saving Private Ryan only instead of showing up at Tom Hanks grave with your family and stuff having lived a presumably decent life you wandered into the cemetery after hours to tie off before passing out and drooling on his head stone.

Shorts:

-Thanks for all the condolences, roughest week of my life. Wife hanging in there, but this isn't going away anytime soon, if ever. A real shame. I've been lucky to have not experienced much personal/unexpected tragedy, so it was all pretty new to me. Watching the unbearable pain of others you love up close is gut wrenching.

-Golf game is weirdly as good as it's been in my adult life. Fired a legit 3 under 69 last Saturday, and put together several under Par 9s in our Member Guest over the weekend. That can change at any time, and I fully expect it to...but it's been fun.

-Said it numerous times, but I can't get over how good Kawhi Leonard is offensively. Started with no offensive game whatsoever, then developed into a 3 & D guy, and now he's essentially unstoppable. He just does whatever he wants out there, ala Jordan or Kobe - all while being one of the best defenders in the league. Guy is 1 game away from becoming an icon for an entire country, if he's not already. Can't imagine how big his star would be if he weren't such a weirdo.

-Pumped about the US Open. My favorite major, back at a classic venue, with a traditional setup. That rough :eyes:

-Apparently it's turtle mating season, and we have one hole, #12, where you are guaranteed to see 5-10 turtles each time you pass through - never seen anything like it.

^ we had one in our yard the other day, little fella, and Gillie had it in his mouth running around the yard with it. Took me 15 minutes of chasing before he finally dropped it. Guy could not figure out what it was all about, but knew something was inside there that he wanted to eat. His kill tally so far this year is 4-5 squirrels, 2 rabbits, a black snake, and several birds. Dude is a predator.

-I enjoy Tapas/Small plates when I'm with my wife, great way to sample an entire menu & go back to your favorites. With a large group it doesn't work as well, imo.

-I'm a proof head, but understand why a normal group would have Stagg Jr last - shit is HOT, certainly not for everyone.

-Blackshear gonna visit every school in the SEC?

-Wife is heading to Asheville in a few weeks with some girlfriends, which pleases me. She's been wanting to go for a long time, but I have no desire. I'm sure I would enjoy, but it's just not something I've ever wanted to replace another trip, so hopefully I'll be off the hook for that one now.

-I love spring temps, but I'm firmly at the point that I do not care if it's 100 degrees, just please stop raining all the cot dam time. :mad:

-Football recruiting continues to roll. I only casually pay attention, but hard not to notice the momentum. :fire:

-So, was that 3 steaks, or 4 for Pope last week? :joy: Branch out a bit, bud. Jesus

-Down 12 lbs since Derby. Had maintained a respectable position for years, but last year or so started creeping back up, eventually getting out of hand - ugh, gets harder with each passing year. 15 or so more to go, and I'll be good.

What a weird Triple Crown season, btw.

-Go Cats

Geez, always knew there was something off about Clark. Somebody call PETA.

Thought I was just getting routine maintenance on the AC this morning, of course they found something that required several hundred $$$ to fix. Thought about it for a minute, told the serviceman
“ how’d you like to see some videos of your boss doing weird things during Pride week???”

He agreed to chop the bill down for me, but was very disappointed after seeing the goods. “That’s it?!?!”

Guess he didn’t think it was a big deal.

Reactions: UKRob 73
I’m all for waterboarding squirrels. If you don’t do this Clark the squirrels will infiltrate your neighborhood, then your home, then your family, and next thing you know you’ll be executed in the street for failing to recognize squirrel law. It’s a slippery slope and as native Americans we can’t allow these illegal and immoral squirrels to take over our lands.

I’m all for waterboarding squirrels. If you don’t do this Clark the squirrels will infiltrate your neighborhood, then your home, then your family, and next thing you know you’ll be executed in the street for failing to recognize squirrel law. It’s a slippery slope and as native Americans we can’t allow these illegal and immoral squirrels to take over our lands.

Easy Pocahontas...

Geez, always knew there was something off about Clark. Somebody call PETA.

Thought I was just getting routine maintenance on the AC this morning, of course they found something that required several hundred $$$ to fix. Thought about it for a minute, told the serviceman
“ how’d you like to see some videos of your boss doing weird things during Pride week???”

He agreed to chop the bill down for me, but was very disappointed after seeing the goods. “That’s it?!?!”

Guess he didn’t think it was a big deal.

Anthony is soooooo gay.

:joy::joy::joy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT