ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropped my oldest off at an overnight camp at Centre College. I was a nerd in high school, so I got to stay there for Governor's Scholars ... 25 years ago. The dorms are exactly the same as when I was there - I mean exactly the same. How is this possible? Because they were trash even back then. And it costs how much to go to school there? In f***ing Danville, no less?

Dropped my oldest off at an overnight camp at Centre College. I was a nerd in high school, so I got to stay there for Governor's Scholars ... 25 years ago. The dorms are exactly the same as when I was there - I mean exactly the same. How is this possible? Because they were trash even back then. And it costs how much to go to school there? In f***ing Danville, no less?
They built a new dorm in 2008, another in 2012 and another is in construction to open this fall, but for as long as I've worked there, they've insisted on putting campers and Governor's Scholars in the old ones. Probably financial reasons.

As for the increase in tuition...we're supposed to be getting a new basketball court! First time in 15 years!

They built a new dorm in 2008, another in 2012 and another is in construction to open this fall, but for as long as I've worked there, they've insisted on putting campers and Governor's Scholars in the old ones. Probably financial reasons.

As for the increase in tuition...we're supposed to be getting a new basketball court! First time in 15 years!
I absolutely cracked up - my kid thought nothing of it. Putting a bunch of pre-teen punks in your worst dorms is probably for the best, I suppose.

Who was it that drunkenly tried to pay a bar tab, with a napkin that had credit card information written on it?

Sushi for lunch was very nice. Refreshing really.

Little shopping spree (thanks for renting tuxes there!). Man I love rewards game.

Bourbon side hustle is an honest trade.

We’re in the 100 days of summer, hot and toasty time. Leggo

Damn it, I wish I had my stuff in time Clark. Sorry just did not work out.

Stagg Jr at 6 is shocking. I know it’s hot, I am not a huge fan of too much heat either, but that cinnamon after taste is just perfect.

GYERO bourbon would be pretty dope.

All of our dorms were shitty. No options for good ones. I was referring more to the crazy high end bullshit dorms now versus the roach motels. If it’s a shanty you should get a discount.

If it is that way, forget I ever posted this.

Reactions: roguemocha
.....Retirement is a myth.
Seems like some know and don't care.

5cfac37b240000300f85a0b5.png.cf.jpg

smh at that “never gonna retire” talk

You guys waste your time with bourbon, savings, etc. your ol’ pal MaxP is sitting pretty with a healthy investment in Dominican Republic time shares

There is no way that is real. Hell I completely cashed out in 2012 after I left accounting, and only been putting back again for 3 years and I’m in the top 5% already.

I don’t think krazykats understands just how terrible the average person is. Go peruse the line at the DMV for a nice cross section of average Americans. You won’t be impressed.

Reactions: krazykats
By the way @PTI (pti) , you'll be happy to know I'm among the working again. And of all places a liquor store. Some friends invested in one and needed my help. Might invest in their next one.

And before anyone asks - I can't get you any of the allocated stuff.

So that’s a no on my 12 year Down Home Bourbon barrel proof masters collection vintage private selection rye?

SOON...

Saturday, Aug 24

Florida -7.5 vs. Miami
Arizona -12 @ Hawaii

Thursday, Aug 29
Cincinnati -4 vs. UCLA
Clemson -34 vs. Georgia Tech
Texas A&M -34.5 vs. Texas State

Friday, Aug 30
Purdue -9 @ Nevada
Oklahoma State -17 @ Oregon State

Saturday, Aug 31
Kentucky -13 vs. Toledo
Mississippi State -22 vs. UL Lafayette
Memphis -6 vs. Mississippi
Tennessee -26 vs. Georgia State
Alabama -30.5 vs. Duke
Florida State -3.5 vs. Boise State
LSU -26 vs. Georgia Southern
Missouri -14.5 @ Wyoming
Auburn -2 vs. Oregon

Sunday, Sep 1
Oklahoma -26 vs. Houston

Monday, Sep 2
Notre Dame -20 @ Louisville

Freshman year should be in the dorms. You’re happy to be anywhere away from your parents.
Yes. I know a guy though.....

Is Blanton's hard to find outside of Texas? Everybody here is looking for it.

Ask Catholic back.

Much like the Alabama game last year, I'm sure by the time Labor Day rolls around UofL fans will have convinced themselves that the ND game is basically a push but UofL will have an edge in some key matchup and will walk away with a win.

One of my best friends from growing up went to Governors Scholars, then went to Centre, graduated early, and ended up sleeping on his parents’s living room couch (front room) for years after graduation. (His parents purposefully dismantled his basement bedroom).

Sometime after his failure to launch, his parents took his little sister down for Centre orientation and his dad stopped by the career office. They said, “How can we help you?” And he said, “You can get my son off my couch.”

They handed him an informational booklet titled, “After Centre: SUCCESS!” The cover image is a smiling, carefree, cap & gowned Centre graduate, sitting on a swing hung from an tree. And that carefree graduate... was his son.

He’s doing good now, so I bet the dad got over it. But he was pretty pissed at the time, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT