ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-The WCCs better not be headed to Asheville the same weekend we're headed there. Don't need him ruining my anniversary.

-Doc Emrick is simply amazing on the Stanley Cup call. I posted video of the Churchill track announcer calling the Derby, and that's incredible in and of itself, but that's only two minutes. Emrick is calling play for an hour, with line changes and non-stop action. This article about him from the Boston Globe really nails his genius.

-Omaha for the CWS is a sports bucket list item for me, no doubt. PING

-Pretty sad that central Kentucky is embroiled in the "Bill Meck vs. Chris Bailey" TV weather wars, seeing how we still haven't fully recovered from the epic "Brad James vs. Brian Collins" battle from our youth. Scars still remain.

what's the most strategic, politically correct way to explain to the lass that most of her items are shit, and need to be thrown in the garbage to quit taking up limited space in the home?.

I once threw away every unnecessary throw pillow in the house while she was at work and made counter space so you could actually set shit down rather than have everything cluttered with pictures and framed things that just say dumb shit like "LOVE", "COZY", or "HOME".

The relationship survived, but barely. The point, however, was made.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
\

- Most Physically Gifted Calipari Players:

1. Cousins
2. Murray
3. Wall
4. Monk
5. Randle

For a supposed UK basketball, you really suck at this.

Given the obvious #1 you left off, you could replace any of yours above with Hawkins, Bam, or Poythress if you want to talk physically gifted. Sheesh.

Reactions: Mashburned
* Co-habitating question......

what's the most strategic, politically correct way to explain to the lass that most of her items are shit, and need to be thrown in the garbage to quit taking up limited space in the home?

-make it about both of your stuff and be prepared to sacrifice some stuff as well. "Place is a bit cluttered. Lets do a little spring cleaning." If you dont wanna get rid of any of your stuff...head to goodwill and spend $100 on junk, sneak it into house prior to mentioning...donate it back to goodwill along with her crap. Well worth the investment, imo.

-note: there is nothing wrong with hanging on to things for *valid* sentimental reasons. Needs to be kept in check.

-Isn't the point of Ashville to hit the mountains and trails? Don't believe you're going to walk out the hotel door in downtown and be on your way. IIRC most were a small drive.

-Haribo Gold Bears. Unless you can find the sour versions.

-You shut the f*ck up about autumn. Only warning.

-Louisiana is the epitome of, "great place to visit and shithole to live in." Absolutely worship NOLA but after about 3 days get me out of there. Terrible roads, terrible crime, terrible humidity, dirty af. No thanks. Hard to really criticize their politicians though when we have Matt Beavin.

-I thought the Silverdome was under 400k at one point but estimated maintenance was a million per year. Lazer tag or paint ball in that SOB would've been unreal. We're too smart for bars and dilapidated domes. Heady investors over here. Long run.

-Stuff has to be pretty rough to no be up to PTI standards. I'm not buying it.

-The winner's name was actually Lee6. I didn't believe it but according to BBdk, it's because she was the 6th Lee to join the tour and didn't want to be confused so just threw a 6 on the end. Haney is a dick but I guess he's got a point here. EDIT: There are not only 6 of them named Lee but all 6 are Jeongeun Lee. So.

-Think we should pick up a random team from like cricket or ruby and just become absolute fanatics over. Open to other sports, soccer is too mainstream. Preferably the season doesn't overlap too much with football and basketball.

-StL Pizza, Imo's, is fine sober but the GOAT when drunk. By far the number 1 late night order. Sidecar of toasted rav.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Asheville recs: Beautiful ravine of the side of interstate 30 on way to Charlotte, 2 hour drive due east to the beach, Catch a UT game in Knoxville only 4 hours due west.

Murray and Cousins are the definitions of skilled players that weren’t necessarily the most “physically gifted”. Nerlens Noel, Diallo, Wall, Bledsoe, are all more physically gifted than Murray without the skill set. Same for Cousins. And you left off AD. Just a terrible list, very disappointing.

@PTI (pti) what kind of the lass’s stuff are we talking about here? Yankee Candles? Tube tv with built-in VCR?

Since we’re doling out Carolina dining recs - stopping over in Greenville, SC on the way to the beach and staying by the river park downtown. What’s good (with a 3 year old)? Besides the strip clubs, apparently.

Staying in Asheville. Two day trip. No interest in long drives once there.

Biscuit Head for brunch.

Buxton Hall for BBQ.

Here are the breweries that I enjoyed the most. These joints are mostly located in the “South Slope” area right off pdowntown and you can walk back & forth to all of these joints. I didn’t include New Belgium or Sierra Nevada bc I haven’t been there but I hear both are incredibly nice.

Hi-Wire Brewery.

Wicked Weed Funkatorium.

Wicked Weed Brewery.

Green Man Brewery.

Burial Brewery.

Catawba Brewery.

Twin Leaf Brewery.

- I thought the point was to eat, drink, listen to live music in a cool locale. Have heard from many Asheville is great for that sort of thing. Of course GYERO F’ing complicates a pretty easy question.

- Being 7-foot, 280 with ballerina’s feet, great hands and soft touch is pretty GD gifted. I didn’t say “most athletic.”

- Not even Halle Berry can avoid the detriment of a short hair cut. I deduct a full point.

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
-make it about both of your stuff and be prepared to sacrifice some stuff as well. "Place is a bit cluttered. Lets do a little spring cleaning." If you dont wanna get rid of any of your stuff...head to goodwill and spend $100 on junk, sneak it into house prior to mentioning...donate it back to goodwill along with her crap. Well worth the investment, imo.

-note: there is nothing wrong with hanging on to things for *valid* sentimental reasons. Needs to be kept in check.

This guy marriages.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
I question whether Ron Mexico has ever been to the state of NC. Asheville 2 hours from the beach and 4 hours from Knoxville? [laughing][pfftt]

Reverse those and you'd be much closer.

[eyeroll] I was making a joke as every time someone asks for recs for a place someone inevitably mentions some stupid 4 hour excursion for some ridiculous reason. Asheville has tons of live music and more breweries per capita than any city in the country - I’m sure he’ll have lots of fun his two days there.

Reactions: fatguy87 and wcc31
Thank you, @IsRichieGonnaStart . Exactly what I was looking for.

You’ll love those places.

Funkatorium has this barrel age room where they age their barrel age brews and sours.

Wicked Weed has this badass German style beer hall setup downstairs.

Hi-Wire makes some of my favorite beer on the planet and has a quaint, chill setup.

Green Man has a really nice view of the town and mountains.

Burial is interesting. Kind of a medieval setup but really unique and creative brews.

Catawba makes unreal stuff and is right next store to Buxton Hall BBQ.

Reactions: second2none04
Breweries are fine but -> meh.

We were in KC and I asked this local(UK from Lex originally) what I could do that was unique to KC. She goes on an on about BLVRD Brewing Co and how we have to go there, it's amazing, best brewery in the world. Got super offended when I'm like, "yeah, I've been to a brewery, it's fun, anything that every other city in the country doesn't have?"

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Considering Asheville is universally known for having a ton of really good breweries with cool outdoor setups and amazing views all within walking distance I thought it was topical.

Chad... Scratch that. There’s a Ruth’s Chris in Asheville. Make a point to get reservations.

There’s definitely some hipsters walking around but the last time I was there, October 2017, the place was full with bachelor parties, bachelorette parties, couples, tons of SEC BROS rocking their team polos bc it was a college football Saturday.

Breweries are fine but -> meh.

We were in KC and I asked this local(UK from Lex originally) what I could do that was unique to KC. She goes on an on about BLVRD Brewing Co and how we have to go there, it's amazing, best brewery in the world. Got super offended when I'm like, "yeah, I've been to a brewery, it's fun, anything that every other city in the country doesn't have?"

She sounds like a total bitch. F her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT