ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avocados were $2.50 apiece at the grocery store today.

Can we hurry up on this F’ing trade war?? Send tanks, drones, whatevs. I need guac and healthy fats smoothies, damnit.

So, are the “Whiskey Thief Distilling” guys just giving you their worst stuff to relabel and sell as your own? Why wouldn’t they just make up a different sub-brand/label and sell it themselves if it was halfway decent (I guess because they’d rather make their profit upfront, in a big chunk, easily, and let it be your problem?)

Bottom line, I need a reality show about this, bigly.

Reactions: UKraziest
Does anyone else wonder WTF goes on Plano City Council that requires the candidates to hire consultants and political managers to handle all the mudslinging and drama?

Running a PAC here as a favor for my friend. Dirtiest race I've ever been a part of...it's actually a lot of fun. Usually I'm pretty burned out by now on a campaign, but the mudslinging is keeping me energized.

Huge divide in the direction of the city, with very passionate people on both sides. Plus, it's a wealthy community so they have tons of money to throw at the races.

So, are the “Whiskey Thief Distilling” guys just giving you their worst stuff to relabel and sell as your own? Why wouldn’t they just make up a different sub-brand/label and sell it themselves if it was halfway decent (I guess because they’d rather make their profit upfront, in a big chunk, easily, and let it be your problem?)

Bottom line, I need a reality show about this, bigly.

Because they are just the bottler. I didn’t source anything from them at all.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Per Wiki Plano is smaller than Lexington and I think the extent of Lexington City Council campaigns is buying yard signs.

Cricket an expert on Texas cities and politics now?

I haven't followed the race other than seeing Tommy post about it. My guess is that many of the Californians relocating here are bringing their politics and it is causing problems.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
It's an incredibly interesting race, for political dorks...

Lots of old money in Plano hates the mayor for bringing in companies like Toyota America, Liberty Mutual, Boeing, etc...they want to keep it a small suburb.

The mayor (who I was campaign manager for two years ago and has two years left on his term) has a bigger vision of making Plano a thriving business friendly city.

- There are racial components, the mayor being a black Republican, but grew up in Harlem...and the older folks, who are mostly Tea Party, think he wants to turn it into Harlem South.

- There are economic components, a lot of big money outside developers have given us money.

- There are religious components, the other side is largely funded by a group of outside West Texas oil billionaire religous fanatics that want to do away with the equal right ordinance...and one of the four candidates I have is a Muslim, and opposition fears Sharia Law.

None of which are rare in a poltical race...but for a city this size in such a close proximity, it is.

Usually I have large statewide races, where it isn't a very personal neighbor v. neighbor, never talk to each other again situation.

And like I said, there is A LOT of money on both sides being thrown at the race. Unique situation...very dirty, but I love it. If there was usually this much money in municipal races, I would have no problem doing it exclusively. For the most part on bigger state, US races, I have to refrain from talking shit on Facebook, in the press, etc...here it is required.

The good news, I have four candidates...we went 2-0 on Election Day last month. The other two are in a runoff. I am confident we get at least one, so the mayor keeps majority on council. Good chance at both.

I absolutely love Plano as a city...the mayor had the vision to attract these companies and young tax base. I come from a similar sized city in NC, and once RJ Reynolds Tobacco basically died, the young professionals fled for the most part.

And yes, I realize pretty much no one read all of that.

Last edited:
It's an incredibly interesting race, for political dorks...

Lots of old money in Plano hates the mayor for bringing in companies like Toyota America, Liberty Mutual, Boeing, etc...they want to keep it a small suburb.

The mayor (who I was campaign manager for two years ago and has two years left on his term) has a bigger vision of making Plano a thriving business friendly city.

- There are racial components, the mayor being a black Republican, but grew up in Harlem...and the older folks think he wants to turn it into Harlem South.

- There are economic components, a lot of big money outside developers have given us money.

- There are religious components, the other side is largely funded by a group of outside West Texas oil billionaire religous fanatics that want to do away with the equal right ordinance...and one of the four candidates I have is a Muslim, and opposition fears Sharia Law.

None of which are rare in a poltical race...but for a city this size in such a close proximity, it is.

Usually I have large statewide races, where it isn't a very personal neighbor v. neighbor, never talk to each other again situation.

And like I said, there is A LOT of money on both sides being thrown at the race. Unique situation...very dirty, but I love it. If there was usually this much money in municipal races, I would have no problem doing it exclusively. For the most part on bigger state, US races, I have to refrain from talking shit on Facebook, in the press, etc...here it is required.

The good news, I have four candidates...we went 2-0 on Election Day last month. The other two are in a runoff. I am confident we get at least one, so the mayor keeps majority on council. Good chance at both.

I absolutely love Plano as a city...the mayor had the vision to attract these companies and young tax base. I come from a similar sized city in NC, and once RJ Reynolds Tobacco basically died, the young professionals fled for the most part.

And yes, I realize pretty much no one read all of that.

I read it and i continue to be amazed with far you have come from early GYERO. Congrats, young fella (and go Cubs)

Weekend shorts:

Had a blast in the queen city. Great crew, great vibes. We missed you Sloot, hope you had fun cat nursing.

First stop- Thanks Chad for taking us out and buying me fruity beers at the gay bar. I’m not sure what you’d call that bartenders purple outfit, but it looked like barneys mom was an overweight stripper. Fun times though. Lass enjoyed her spicy margarita.

Reds game-Thanks to Willy for hooking up the tix behind home plate. Had a blast sitting with you and Marge. Mound ball, damn we took a beating. Oh and the Reds suck, but man the Nationals cracked a few dingers. Willy also introduced me to porkoplis.

Dinner at Mita’s: My 8% Iberian side really enjoys tapas. It was all great, from the seasoned peppers, cheeses, Jamon, octopus, beef tongue, and paella. Stuffed. Place was fantastic.

Tokyo Kitty: Thanks Anth for the private VIP room. Just a game changer. People will let loose. The robot delivery of drinks just made us want to order frequently. If walls and wigs could talk.

Crushed skyline on way home. That new habanero cheddar is magical.

Deadwood and patio grilling, just what the boat ordered.

Kinda feel like We the North is the next hare brained tradition UK is going to try to make happen st football games

-WE THE BLUEGRASS

-Cade Cunningham, Brandon Boston, Justin Powell, Isaiah Todd, Cliff Omoruyi, and a reclassified 2021 PG, like the Lander kid from Evansville. Give me those six and call it a class.

-Alabama gets Jahvon Quinerly. Auburn leads for Sharife Cooper. Georgia strong for Alec Kessler's kid. Musselman hitting the transfer wire hard at Arkansas. Even Ole Miss getting in on some key West Coast talent early. It's not just coaching acumen that is improving the league. The$e new guy$ are al$o getting player$.

-Just saw Mick Cronin in UCLA blue for the first time, and that was whiplash.

-Very considerate of the Indians to fall out of contention by early June. Really frees up my October, which is a busy work month for me anyway. That fire sale oughta be a hoot.

-Condolences to the BBdks. :cry:

-Bob summed it up, great time had by all. Somehow avoided being ridiculously hungover yesterday. I'm crediting Lucy Blues. Hit the domesto train a bit too hard to really judge Mita's but from what I could tell it was great.

-:joy: @ that Rogers kid "I'm taking other visits" and deleting UK from his twitter. If you couldn't tell this was going to happen from that silly commitment ceremony I don't know what to tell you. Football recruiting is a fools follow.

-Ready for our first 2020 kid to jump on board.

-I know it's, "haha Anth likes cycling what a dork" but a really cool story came out of the Giro d'Italia. Chad Haga, an American, won the finale after basically being cut in half by a car in 2016. Since Lance we've not had much success out there so pretty cool to see and a good story. He won the stage in a individual time trial, so no luck, he just went out and kicked ass against the best in the world.

-Took G to see Aladdin, not bad, and introduced him to ICEE. He crushed.

-Place is just full of political folks and attorneys. WTF?

Was a working weekend at the homestead, finished some new shelves, obliterated some weeds with my new weed torch, and ended the life of another young copperhead. Those assholes are getting more and more comfortable coming right up to people around here. I left the headless carcass on display for awhile.

Respect knucks to Big Daddy Bishop- the founder of Dreamland BBQ on his induction to the BBQ Hall of Fame. The 2019 Class was chalk full of heavy hitters from the BBQ world.

My father, who doesnt like to travel much outside of a 5 mile radius from his home, is leaving for Jerusalem today. He's a nervous wreck. Apparently his wife had always wanted to go and talked him into making the trip with a small group of folks. It looks like a rally cool opportunity- im pretty jealous tbh.

The College World Series used to be an important week of appointment viewing for me as a kid... signified summer break, and the magnified PING! sound was arousing. Crushing pizza rolls and watching Pat Burrell hit moon-shots made for a fine afternoon.

Have about 4 weeks until heading back up to Nantucket- I love the beaches down here, but New England in the summer is tough to beat.

Joel Justus not being able to close Justin Rogers was the lock of the century

Happy for Cousins- He still looks like he's moving with a piano on his back, but that was a nice little stat line. Hope he can put another game or two together in the next week so he can get paid.

Finalized bourbon tasting lineup for this weekend.
Flight 1: Weller Special Reserve, Old Forester Single Barrel Pick, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B518

Flight 2: Mckenna 10 yr, EH Taylor Single Barrel, Stag Jr.

Last edited:
*So very sorry for Lbbdk. Make me a little sick when I saw it. Absolutely hate it for her and her family.

*Home inspection tomorrow. Mofo best not say I have any electrical issues after the great service from Bryant Electrical. Dude that came over was cool and made sure to show me everything he wanted to do to ensure I knew I wasn't being
"sold". I don't know shit about electrical issues so he still could have been, but I didn't get that vibe.

*Speaking of home inspections, what a racket. Had one done on my mom's house and potential buyers came back and said they would need $20K in upgrades due to the report. #sand. Next time it was inspected, got basically an "all clear" from the inspector.

*Cool Saturday night at Eastern HS watching PRP in semi-state. One of the best HS games I've ever seen. Kicked back a few pre and post game beers with an old teammate. Huber's buddy.

*I'm in Lexington on Friday. KHSAA is commemorating the 25 year anniversary of PRP's 1st state title. Thinking on dinner after if anyone's up for it.

*I've owned 3 Jeeps and never had an issue.

*Boogie

Reactions: parrott
*Home inspection tomorrow. Mofo best not say I have any electrical issues after the great service from Bryant Electrical. Dude that came over was cool and made sure to show me everything he wanted to do to ensure I knew I wasn't being "sold". I don't know shit about electrical issues so he still could have been, but I didn't get that vibe.
Thanks, the owners don't know shit about electrical either but we've been working for nearly a year to hire a really smart team.

Good time seeing everyone. Fun as usual. Just wish I could have let my hair down.

Also a good reminder why I hate tapas restaurants. No, I don’t want to order for the table. I want to F’ing order what I want to eat and pay for that.

It was cute seeing Chad being all responsible.

Billy Riggins would have been proud.

* The funnest, most interesting, amazing, best, up-and-coming, hottest, exciting team in baseball......still 1.5 clear of last place. 4th-worst record in the NL. Yay, baseball!

* Turnpike Troubadours broke up over the weekend, and canceled the remainder of their tour. It's been a poorly kept secret for years that Evan Felker, the insanely talented frontman, is a raging alcoholic. Here's some great proof...

Just sad. I tell most people that they probably won't enjoy my kind of music (Bingham/Isbell/Sturgill/etc), but the Troubadours are as good as it gets, and as generally likeable as anything I listen to. Widely appealing across lots of genres and tastes. Just :pray::pray::pray: this isn't the end.

* Klay Thompson is a perennial All Star and doesn't even dribble. Pretty much tells you all you need to know about stupid justa is.

* 1-mile race this weekend put on by the fastest track club/group in town. Winner was 4:15. In 90 degree heat, that's mf'ing fast.

* Andy Ruiz, heavyweight champion. Proof that anything is possible. Jesus H Christ.

https://www.google.com/search?q=and...AUIEigD&biw=1536&bih=706#imgrc=S44P6cTeB2-G1M:

Ruiz be lookin like the Heavyweights champion of the world lol

51ukJJwUTPL._SY445_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT