ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juzang and Baker is a push? FALSE. Especially if you add Allen to that slot as well.

-Supremely confident Maxey will join the upper tier of consensus fan favorites of the Cal era.

-Siakam was ridiculous last night. GSW hasn't faced any defenses like this during their runs, but I'll chalk that one up to being rusty after the layoff. Still think there is a good chance this one goes 7 games. Also, Van Fleet has been absolutely money - not sure I've seen him miss a shot live in 3 weeks. Toronto, the city, is just absolutely bonkers during these playoffs, really cool to watch.

-Memphis losing incoming grad transfer Rayjon Tucker to the draft was a huge deal nobody is really talking about. He would have rounded out that team perfectly, and been a good Sr. leader for those freshman.

Last edited:
* I think we'll see tremendous improvement in Hagans, Quickley, and Montgomery, but I'm not sure there's an all-SEC talent in that bunch. But three returning 5-star sophomores? Happy to take that any freaking day.

* Who's got prettier eyes: BBdK, Steph Curry, or BBdK's twin brother who lives in Nashville? Tough call.

* I'll say this about Drake, but it goes for any fan, in any sport, on any surface......if you enter the field of play, I hope you get your face stomped. He's a habitual line stepper. Need to get dealt with. IMO.

* 8-way tie in the Scripps Spelling Bee.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/31/us/national-spelling-bee-champions.html

Channeling my inner Hank Haney (that virulent racist) --> once those dudes practice spelling their own names, the ESPN-aired tournament is a piece of cake.

* Mosquitos just destroy my ankles. Lord have mercy. Need to wear long pants, thick socks and knee high work boots in the summer.

* ACL surgery for the 1 year-old pup: about $800. Could have been worse.

* Kim Jong Un executes 5 top officials.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ge-after-failed-us-summit-media-idUSKCN1T02PD

Y'all didn't believe me, but I've been proven right AGAIN. Dennis Rodman's diplomacy has failed. Maybe you'll listen to me next time.

* Guess I may take this off the bucket list after all:

(pyongang marathon)

* Everyone in the NBA has a 7-foot wingspan, but damn. Kawhi Leonard has about an 8.5 foot wingspan. That ninja's knuckles drag the ground.

Kinda selfish, PTI(pti), imho. Think you could really post some good content/snack downs/ransoms from your trip to Pyongyang.

Guess you’re not real GYERO.

He was referring to the returning trio. As much as we needed him back, I'm not sold on EJ either in terms of making a huge leap - although we'll certainly need at least a considerable one from him in order to be really good, imo.

Hagans has a shot, but I don't think it's an outlandish take if we're talking 1st Team. Herro had a damn good season and even he didn't make it.

True. SEC lost a lot of 50/50 dudes who would have been locked in to those guard spots: Waters, Bone & Harper in particular.

If you think about it, PJ is really the only guy we've had who's made the significant sophomore leap. WCS blossomed as a Jr, and Ulis was already damn good and pretty much penciled in as a potential All American the moment the final buzzer sounded in '15. Who am I missing?

EJ needs to start with being a monster rebounder, and let everything else fill in from there. Also kind of excited to hopefully bring back THE LOB as a key part of our offense -- I've really missed that the last few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: grantbob
Our defense next year will be lethal.

I’m very bullish next year on sophomore Ashton Hagans. Dude had a 5 week stretch where he was balling. Showed flashes of a nice jumper, that hesitation cross over is really nice and his on the ball defense will improve dramatically.

-would love to Willy but my nephew is getting married Saturday. Thanks for the invite.

-Joey/Wynn/willy et al need to join for lunch Sunday. Pretty sure Chad said he would pick up the tab,imo.

-the downside to this fantastic economy is that im swamped/half scattered. Gonna be a *long* summer...thankfully the reds are the best last place team in baseball. Nice lil diversion.

-that said...last day of school. Plenty of plans/stresses...but not having to stay on the kids re: schoolwork will make the evenings much more relaxing. Those of you with middle/hs age kids understand. Those that aren't there yet...get ready: It's *awesome*.

What leads you to believe our D will be lethal? Perimeter should be better if Hagans can stop guards from getting downhill but that interior will be rough.

Not a large sophomore pool to choose from. lolz?

Reactions: Col. Angus
It will definitely help to have 2 guards and 3 bigs who already know the system defensively and/or have experienced the college game/athletes, instead of having to watch us get torched & learn on the fly for the first half of the season.

Whether we are lethal remains to be seen, but we'll have a much better starting point than usual, especially out top where it all starts.

Hagans and Quickley being sophomores. You always see the biggest improvement with guards in regards to on ball defense from freshman to sophomore years. Look at the Harrisons.

Length will outstanding. Whitney on paper should be a really good defensive player, hopefully an upgrade from Johnson.

I think Whitney will be an upgrade from Johnson, I just hope he can knock down threes at the same clip. That was a pleasant surprise from Johnson.

I seem to be in the minority, but I'm expecting Brooks to be the most ready of the incoming wings. Dude is just a ball player from a winning program, and think he's underrated by most everyone.

Whitney is a monster & superior prospect, but I have Poythress flashbacks a little with him - although he's definitely more skilled at the same stage.

Shotes:

- Darryl & John got my day rolling with She's Gone, followed by a little King Harvest, Dancing In The Moonlight. That's how you start a Friday.

- I don't think I fully recovered from Memorial Day weekend until yesterday.

- I'm no NBAball, but that was a game last night. First time I've cared to watch the Finals in years and was not disappointed.

- dk, fully admit I wasn't really a college golf fan until watching Driven, but all in now. That was rough watching OSU lose on Bauchou's lip-out the other night (was watching it live). Especially after the team winning stroke play by 31. As an aside, Wolff is going to be an absolute marauder on THE TOUR, even with that goofy swing.

- Thanks EJ and JRNR. Still want Blackshear.

- Miller is the domesto of choice in our household, lass included, but neither of us are turning down a Bud or Coors on offer.

- Going to see Sir Paul tomorrow night, and Buffett Riverbend scheduled for later this summer. I'm an 80's wannabe yup/boomer trapped in a late-30's body, apparently.

- Rain or shine, summer is officially here. Let's go. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Happy last day of work randoms

* The Spelling Bee has gone to hell.

First they implemented the clock, which got exploited when that one kid fainted with 10 seconds left and they stopped the clock for him.

Then they put in a written test to narrow the field before they even take the stage.

Now 8 co-winners? Man, F that noise.

* ID killing it as of late. All new Chris Watts documentary coming up on Sunday, followed by the resuming of the Cults series on Monday. Both ought to be whopper shows if you're into true crime. Can't wait until the Duke basketball episode of Cults.

* Game shows, ranked:

5. Press Your Luck
4. Family Feud
3. Who Wants to be a Millionaire
2. $25,000 Pyramid
1. Jeopardy

James Holzhauer is like Secretariat at the Belmont every night.

* Gonna be fun to hate clown show Eric Musselman while he's at Arkansas, but part of me is going to miss old Mike Anderson, just because of how much John openly hated him. We need more of that in modern basketball. Mike Anderson WITH THE BLOW BY.

* As far as select ex-NBA players turned analysts go...

Greg Anthony > Chris Webber > Mark Jackson >>>>> Moses Malone >>>>> Reggie Miller

Greg Anthony laughing like an idiot during Kentucky's 2014 NCAA run is actually some of the best color commentary ever. Dude was having the time of his life watching those games, like any of us would have if we had no rooting interest in them.

Watched the game for about 15 mins last night, first NBA action I've watched in a good 20 yrs. I'm not a basketball, and sure I'm in the minority, but that was just pure garbage. It's a 1 on 1 game now. Everything was step backs or 1 on 1 drives. May have been 1 pass to the post. NBA isn't a team game anymore, more NBA Jams. Just not entertaining for this guy.

The Raptors taking Siakim at 27 shows that when you're a good team, with good organization leadership, you don't have to tank to find dudes.

Meanwhile in Minnesota...

Reactions: krazykats
The NBA is literally the exact opposite of that (sans Houston). In fact, I would say the biggest complaint now is that some of the individual creativity is being minimized while statistically advantageous, but boring, moves are made. So you end up with good shooters making good passes and then someone taking a 3 for the bulk of the game. It's efficient, and can be fun, but I'd like a little more individual ego match-ups to balance it out.

D7520ryXYAE9T2s

It's an other worldly bad take, for sure.

You'd think a Kentucky fan, watching all those miserable grind-it-out JUST GET OUT OF HERE WITH A WIN slugfests, would see (in a game as good as Game 1 was) the product disparity between the NBA and NCAA.

Maybe a troll post and I took the bait? Need anth to weigh in on this.

Last edited:
4th qtr. guess I’m more Norman Dale than Steve Kerr.

BB is just not my sport and I accept I have a simpleton view. But I have the balls to have a shitty opinion.

:joy: Great find cawood, that's unreal.

If Hoody would have gotten fair shake, I expect we'd be having a different conversation right now.

At one point the Raptors had 15 buckets on 14 assists.

What part of the game did you watch?

EDIT: the Warriors finished with 34 goals on 29 assists, and the Raptors had 39 goals on 25 assists.

Define 1 on 1.

krazy with the :fire:

Reactions: PTI (pti)
The NBA is the way the game was intended to be played. Free motion, emphasis on skill, shooting and spacing the floor.

Heckuva lot better and purer than the first one to 60 dry hump, slugfest. Good grief, I’m getting angry just thinking about it. I have a weird theory that Izzo and his early success is partly responsible for the shit you see today that is widely popular in college ball.

Adolph Rupp, the fng master of thoroughbred basketball and the fast break, is rolling in his grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT