ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Ticket sales are up at Commonwealth this season, and we're still months away.

Eight home games, and every one of them is winnable. We're a football school, y'all.

* Melanoma or carcinoma....some sort of a 'noma.

* The only reason Brad's welcome in Lexington is that it keeps his father here as well. Guess we might as well keep him.

* I really think this is going to be the most fun NBA Finals we've seen in a few years. I love a fun, "upstart" team like the Raptors making it. Their fans knowingly treat it like a once-in-a-lifetime celebration. Both arenas will be absolutely bonkers.

* On the talent vs experience spectrum, too many fail to realize that experience often IS talent. You have to be an incredibly, exceptionally, amazingly talented 18/19 year-old to outperform a seasoned vet -- guys like Blackshear. Just like the NBA drafting on potential, we're assuming every single freshman will be as good as advertised.

Put it this way -- how many freshman next year in the entire country will be better than Blackshear? Maybe a few? 5? He's the missing piece to the championship puzzle, imo.

Can't root for the Raptors in good conscience unless they roll out in these bad boys at least once

damon-stoudamire-of-the-toronto-raptors-dribbles-during-the-1996-picture-id822462322

Saturday, Aug. 31
Toledo vs. Kentucky – Noon, SECN
Saturday, Sep. 7
Eastern Michigan vs. Kentucky – 7:30pm, ESPNU or SECN Alt.
Saturday, Sep. 14
Florida vs. Kentucky – 7pm, ESPN :fire::boxing:

"Put the ball down and let's play" Big Dawg Marrow - 5/20/19

Last edited:
Nye County, NV is something else. That place has to be a conspiracy. Like it was settled by survivors of the Area 51 experiments. Birthplace of Jordan Jones. Great ball player.

So UGA is allowing beer sales. However it’s in designated areas, and you can’t while in your seats watching the game.

For a $25K donation (that is only good for 5 years).

:joy:

In memory of Earned Not Given leaving, I think my favorite GYERO joke ever was BristolCat (I believe) cracking wise that Brad Calipari looks at Wenyen Gabriel and curses God in his heart. Nailed it.

Reactions: BristolCat
Willy’s people have always enjoyed saving money.

Could be interested in a Sunday wing brunch. What you got in mind?

- Appreciate it, Willy but I’ll just see y’all at dinner.

- What a weak upcoming year in college basketball. Pretty underwhelmed by everyone’s roster. I get Michigan State but I’d take us #1. Guess we’ll see in November. But these teams getting Top 5 love:

Memphis- :joy: already nauseating hearing the geek sportswriters buying in on this one.

Duke- not buying their wings and already giggling at the idea of their D with Carey and Hurt on the floor together.

Louisville- meh

I mean, you have to stick someone in your Top 5, I suppose, but just not a very stocked cupboard.

- Meanwhile, I love Big Blue’s potential. I think Hagans- with some maturity- is going to be a damn stud. Love Maxey and Quick with him. Have some versatility, athleticism, defensive potential and even some shooting on the wings. And I’ll take our 3-man bigs rotation over anyone’s.

Villanova is gonna be back in a big way, imo. Anticipating a much improved year from the entire Big East. Seton Hall ought to be really good with Myles Powell back and my boy Patrick Chewing had three of the six guys on the All-Freshman team.

Memphis reeks of 2001 Seton Hall. Houston will be better in that league and Cincinnati probably will as well.

'19 vs '20 with advantage in bold.

Hagans Fr vs Hagns So
Johnson Fr vs Maxey Fr
Herro Fr
vs Whitney Fr?
Washington So vs Brooks
Travis Sr vs Montgomery So
Quickly Fr vs Quickley So
Richards So vs Richards Jr
Montgomery Fr vs Sestina Sr
Baker So vs Juzang Fr

Flip Travis if we can grab Blackshear. I love the idea of our back court but I'm concerned with foul trouble and production inside. If we don't add a scoring threat inside this will test Cal's preference, hopefully see him adjust like 2011.

Reactions: CSC81
Honestly, I think the three best players on that list were Washington, Travis, and Herro last year.

We need Sestina (to be as good as we hope) and Blackshear in a big way.

Hagans was our best player for 2 months, unfortunately he never recovered from the freshman slump. Maxey will be a top 3 player on that list, he's a star. So the Herro part doesn't bother me as he had his share of disappearing acts.

Washington and Travis are substantially better than anything we have this season.

Reactions: CSC81
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT