ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few semi-formal (formal optional?) events this summer. These shoes may also find their way to a basketball court, yes. But just for homecoming and big district games. Hard soles really get the refs attention.

I think Stacy Madden makes something that looks like what Rudd posted. I’ll probably go with that. I knew I could count on Rudd!

Oh and G(YERO) is playing lax or nah

Hell yeah - or at least my son is, for Lexington Catholic. Speaking of Bowling Green, LC played BGHS in the tournament 2 days ago, and playing South Warren in the state (non-Louisville division) semifinals tonight.

He just picked up the sport in 7th grade. It took while to grow on me but it's fun to watch. Lots of contact, usually pretty fast-paste.

Your Tigers are usually the best LAX team in the state. As happens almost every year, they play Trinity for the state championship of their division on Saturday.

My son played 2 years of tackle football, in 5th and 6th grade. He didn't really like it, and the Catholic middle school feeder system was pretty disorganized back then.

LAX surprised me in the amount and extent of contact involved. You don't have to give up concussions either - those happen occasionally, so that's good.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
-Not a huge Cole Haan fan but I bought a pair of their dress sneaker for work and they're comfortable as hell. For semi-formal, wearing during games, you might want to look at their stuff.

-Going to encourage team sports as I'm a firm believer in the benefits of team sports however I think he'll be best in endurance/cardio style activities.

-Seems like a great night to walk over to Ky Proud Park.

I have absolutely zero issues if my son doesn't like contact. I don't think you can do anything worse as a Dad than to force your kid into a sport where he's afraid to suit up.

Every kid is so different and quirky it seems. For instance, not a thing about football ever bothered me but I was scared **shitless** to stand in a batter's box when a pitcher had some speed. I managed it okay, but yea, that's an awful feeling.

Subjecting your child to impending brain damage is up there on the “worst things you can do as a dad” list.

IMHO.

Yep, it’s gonna be a sad day when the youth of this country are called on to save our way of life. Heard a statistic that 70% of millennials would not qualify for military service.

Hopefully the conquerors will keep the gender neutral bathrooms.

Do kids not just play with their other buddies in the neighborhood, playing b-ball in the street, baseball in some shitty parking lot or field, etc while the parents chill at home and then come home for dinner/around sundown? That’s how I grew up - all this organized traveling sports shit sounds awful, I want no part of it.

Last edited:
Do kids not just play with their other buddies in the neighborhood, playing b-ball in the street, baseball is some shitty parking lot or field, etc while the parents chill at home and then come home for dinner/around sundown? That’s how I grew up - all this organized traveling sports shit sounds awful, I want no part of it.
They're too busy tweetin' and grammin'. They're a bunch of hashtag douchebags. :thumbsdown:

Reactions: grantbob
Only 30% being eligible for 18-30 year olds seems high? You know they let girls and gays in now.

The biggest disqualifiers they listed were criminal records and obesity.

Considering there are gem mint Derek Jeter's going for 75K I'd guess that Mantle isn't in very good shape.

A graded 9/10 Mantle sold for 2.88 million last year. That one has to be a 5 or less.

@bradyjames

1993 SP Derek Jeter PSA 10 Gem Mint rookies are over $100,000. So is the Bird/Magic Rookie.

*Here is one for the gang. We have had a customer for two months spend over $400,000 buying boxes of basketball and football cards to be opened online.

Also have a CNBC regular that buys Mantle rookies, MJ rookies etc. Lol, thank God for Steve Jobs and Zucks.

I’d be surprised if 90% of Americans over the age of 30 were not considered obese by the medical definition.

We are a fat f*cking country. If you watch movies from the 70s or 80s, the typical guy who was considered the comedic massive fat ass (such as lard ass from Stand By Me), they only look regular fat now. Back then they looked like they belonged on my 600 pound life.

Why has the government not stopped the obesity epidemic? Guarantee that kills more people than opioids.

Can’t point the finger at big pharma and those damn doctors as you shovel fries into your mouth?

The older kids get, the more they stay inside.

5 years old: You can't get them inside unless you threaten to tell Santa on them.

9 years old: They like being outside just fine, but are also just fine with watching 6 straight hours of "Captain Underpants" on Netflix.

15 years old: Shut-ins surgically attached to their iPhones, iPads, laptops, and TVs, jonesing for their next 100 likes on Instagram.

And I don't know about boys, but as far as teenage girls are concerned, they only leave the house to go shopping with my money.

Back in my day the serious baseball players played at Southland Park, nowadays it’s Shillito or you shouldn’t bother.

Shillito - hard core, ignored pitch limits, take no prisoners.

Ecton - orange slices and participation trophies.

You either care or you don’t I guess...

Reactions: Century Cat
Enjoying my southern tide flops right now.

Bardstown sushi, hope i don’t regret this.

Yeah that spot is dope. Ate their last time I was in town.

This go round tried out Hometown pizza, Mammy’s, the Rickhouse, and now Umami.

Pretty sweet that Cal is galavanting around Europe while missing out on the last 5 star. #earnednotgiven
8113828.jpg

Good Lord, just looked. Washington is now favored to get him? What the hell happened in the last few days?

Hope this means good things about Blackshear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT