ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but you can get a pineapple cut out for only $75 which seems like a bargain.

I walk to Veterans Park a lot and it always blows my mind when I walk by games on the main field.

Turf infield
Full inning by inning scoreboard
3 man umpire crew
Full replica button up uniforms
Alternate logo 5950 hats
Team logo batting helmets
20 bats lining the dugout

We had sponsored t-shirt jerseys, whatever pants your parents bought, a foam mesh hat, an infield with grass and an outfield with dirt.

- In the market for some new brown dress shoes (laces, no loafs). What is the style de jour? Wing tips, cap toe, derby??? I need a little help.

- The Jessie Spano character arc in Saved foreshadowed her subsequent role as Nomi Malone in Showgirls imo. Shoulda laid off those speed pills, sugar.

- I saw where there was a small black bear roaming around the beach in front of Schooner's in PCB. WTF? Hope to goodness that was a photoshop/fake news!

- Anybody else's wife passive aggressively complain about Mother's Day now being in the rear view? "Maybe if it was Mother's Day again, you'd empty the dishwasher." "I guess you only put the sheets on the bed when it's Mother's Day?" Stuff like that. Just mine? Cool.

- I expect Portland to show some learning curve and maybe steal Game 2. I think they have some favorable matchups. Just a hunch.

Yes there are black bears in Florida, I personally have seen several. Caused a commotion on the base one day because a mama bear was getting chippy with a cub stuck up in a tree by the parking lot.

All bears eventually safely wandered off without incident, Sloot.

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
Warren Co. Little League if you want to pushed and excel.

Lexington and Louisville aint got shit on BG area Little League baseball.
No offense or anything, but that's because Little League sucks. Big boys play Cal Ripken.

Yes, Rax. Travel team. I'm down here in E-Town where we have to deal with them sometimes. Fortunately, they tend to play up an age group in tourneys so we only see them once or twice a year.

- Strokin, it’s like Worm said- “in the poker game of life, women are the F’ing rake.”

- Wasabi almonds - what a fine snack. :raised_hands:

- Love our shutters. Still need to get some for the kitchen. Hate to brag, but I’d argue none of yalls houses have the natural light mine does. It’s sick.

- Have always been puzzled by people who find motivation in rah rah quotes on social media. Seriously?

- Won’t be long until BRax becomes the next Tom Emanski and is producing video instructional baseball series for youngsters. Heard it here first.

- PTI, how do the Spanish feel about Counting Crows’ “Holiday in Spain” track?

When I played all-star/travel team we went exotic places like Rockcastle County, Estill County, and Cynthiana. Just playing around Lexington probably can't compare tbh
My kid's team has always done the same. We stay in the Louisville, BG, Harrodsburg triangle mostly. Been as far as Indy once in 5 years. Almost went to Nashville this year, tho. Turns out hotel costs are ridiculous and some families threw a fit. Who knew?

Which baseball league you guys looking at for G, anth?

Not sure, still being recruited. We're going to wait until 5 to start actual sports. He's doing swim now and we may look at the Y bball thing in the fall. When we do I'll be pushing for Little League, lol at Cal Ripken and Babe Ruth, if it's SOOOOO much better why don't they play in Williamsport on ESPN each summer? Because it's not even close.

Not entertaining travel stuff unless its the all star circuit. We all grew up just fine playing regular LL and school league ball.

Try the old, "It's Mother's Day, not Wife's Day - why should I have to do anything for you?" argument next year and see how that goes.

-I dropped, "Hallmark Holiday" and "she's not my Mom" in consecutive sentences in conversation with her Mom and Sisters. TNF.

-Koepka :golf::fire:

-No clue on shutters, that's why we haven't order the expensive summabitches. I just know I don't want to be painting them every few years.

It was always a hoot when you'd cross paths with a Lexington or affluent area team at a tournament. Personalized bat bags, matching cleats, whole team with the Jay Buhner Oakleys, etc. The works.

Meanwhile, my dad was pulling the Vietnam era canvas duffle bag of shared bats out of the bed of his truck with a crisp Marlboro red hanging out of his mouth. Wouldn't trade places with those kids, in all honesty.

I'm not sure which is worse, the year round baseball or basketball travel parents. At least in baseball, you can get farther away from the crazies and still watch your kid hit dingers.

Hoots, Justus, Marquis Teague's NCAAT stats, Dr. Jack Geesefeeder.

I forget anything else Richie beats into the ground?

*You’re just mad that the glorified bumpkin shithole known as Versailles doesn’t have a Hoots. Enjoy Bojangles, though.

- Teague was everything that team needed in a point guard and was somewhat underrated.

* Justus is good but not elite. When UK & Cal are competing with LeBron & his people at Nike along with Maverick Carter & Rich Paul pushing the ultra elite to Duke year in/year out we need somebody else leading the charge with Cal other than Joel fng Justus, analytics guru.

* Show some damn respect to Dr. Jack Ramsay, RIP.

-functional shutters are neat. I dont live in hurricane country so i never use mine.

-big fan of plantation shutters. 1/2 window for living space full window for bed/bath.

-strokin: go with a nice cap-toe oxford.
these are nice.

Reactions: Geese Feeder
Teague was everything that team needed in a point guard and was somewhat underrated.

More underrated as the years go by.

Give me Dom Hawkins or Teague over any of the bs matador defenders we've had recently. We haven't had anybody that wants to guard their man consistently on the perimeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT