ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cafeterias that feature shrimp and grits, braised short ribs with small batch bourbon glaze, various assortments of kale, house made guacamole, almond-crusted pan seared wild-caught trout, and orange jello with mayo on top.

Can't believe it isn't *just* "Still", tbh.

Toby will never go to another restaurant other than Ruby's in Lexington until he dies, so not sure why it even matters.

-Lexington's void of legit Italian Restaurants has always been kinda weird, imo. Seems like one of those downtown would crush. Isn't it still just basically Portofino & Guiseppe's there? Has there even been a new one in the last 20 years?

-Food Halls/Markets rule. :fire:

Last edited:
Reactions: wcc31
“Food Halls” have gotten really popular here lately, basically fancy food courts - pretty much a cafeteria.

I go on a boat about once a year - and usually after about six beers I insist on driving it, usually like a complete asshole - hopefully that makes everyone feel better.

Miss living in a college town - you Lexington folks I’m sure take for granted the sights once spring hits. I’m always reminded when I go to Keeneland.

-Lexington's void of legit Italian Restaurants has always been kinda weird, imo. Seems like one of those downtown would crush. Isn't it still just basically Portofino & Guiseppe's there? Has there even been a new one in the last 20 years?:fire:

Why? The void of any unique restaurant is weird. If it isn't a Husk or Dudley's ripoff then why even open it?

But if you want a Shrimp & Grits, Airline Chicken, Steak Frites, Bar Menu Burger, or glazed Pork Chop... you got some serious options.

Somehow, miraculously, Paisano’s on Nicholasville and Pasadena, is still open.

Cockroaches and that restaurant. That’s who’s surviving a nuclear war.

-Lexington's void of legit Italian Restaurants has always been kinda weird, imo. Seems like one of those downtown would crush. Isn't it still just basically Portofino & Guiseppe's there? Has there even been a new one in the last 20 years?
:fire:
Lexington is a genteel Southern gateway that goes over the top to reinforce its Dixie-land bona fides. They, no doubt, shunned an early 20th minority immigrant class and the implications are still being felt by its culinary scene TO THIS VERY DAY.

Think I’m wrong: Look to the Fazoli’s: its genesis, hometown, and conditions that brought to to bear. (Get some facts and come and see me.)

-Lexington's void of legit Italian Restaurants has always been kinda weird, imo. Seems like one of those downtown would crush.

Jonathan Lundy is opening one in City Center.

That's all the restaurant info I have for the day.

My town is getting a new italian restaurant called LaRosa's. This is a pretty big deal. Will instantly become the #1 pizza in the city, and 2nd best in the county. Very exciting.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
Why? The void of any unique restaurant is weird. If it isn't a Husk or Dudley's ripoff then why even open it?

But if you want a Shrimp & Grits, Airline Chicken, Steak Frites, Bar Menu Burger, or glazed Pork Chop... you got some serious options.

You really don't understand the Lex restaurant clientele, at all. It definitely isn't Wolfgang Puck-esque. A few unique places is all that is going to thrive in this town, and it takes a special one to stay open longer than a couple of years. Put a Rafferty's or Cheddars on every corner, and they will all be busy.

- First bourbon bar I ever frequented was actually at PTI’s house in St. Matthews. TS.

- Thanks, BRax. Appreciate the sound advice from an expert craftsman.

- Anyone who has an issue with Rafferty’s doesn’t deserve my friendship.

- Cincinnati does Italian pretty well- PrimaVista, Nicolas, Sotto, etc.

Reactions: drxman1
D6jdfcDUUAAQOUR.jpg:large

Jemarl Baker is a F'n idiot. Enjoy sitting out next year and then playing for a smoldering dumpster fire program that will be without Sean Miller. And by playing, I mean firing moon balls off your fingertips.

GTFO

Love this 2 hour Duke Infomercial on ESPN.

I remember the good ol days when this was UK's night.

Now we get fringe lotto/first rounders who "tested the process for 12 hours" before a quick "14 out Lexington!" tweet.

CHASING DREAMS!

Oh look Jemarl is so stupid to leave, followed by the roof is caving in!

Anyone who reads this thread would think we are a dumpster fire.

[sick]

Well, well, well... An annual rite of passage is upon us. It looks like our resident dildo assistant coach is about to strike out on another premier recruit once again in a 2 horse race when McDaniels chooses Washington.

Way to go, Joel! Go create another another caricature of yourself & stick it up your millennial ass! DJ PM cocksucker.

Hoping Afghanistan wins this lottery.

Interesting idea to change this process so it makes no GD sense and then add a woman to make bad jokes and passive-aggressively insist everyone get more excited.

Last edited:
I kind of like Hall of Fame Coach John Vincent Calipari having a team with nothing but small forwards and point guards next year. He'll still probably try to start Montgomery and Richards, tho, but still.

Well, well, well... An annual rite of passage is upon us. It looks like our resident dildo assistant coach is about to strike out on another premier recruit once again in a 2 horse race when McDaniels chooses Washington.

Way to go, Joel! Go create another another caricature of yourself & stick it up your millennial ass! DJ PM cocksucker.

We have the #1 class.

Did McDaniels pick Washington while I was playing golf, or is Richie preemptively going scorched Earth on JJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT