ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted a generous pour of that Zacapa 23 from Boat this weekend. Not sure liquor can get any more smooth than that. Never even been much of a rum drinker, bourbon and scotch for me, but that has now changed.
Spent a week in Zacapa, Guatemala circa 2003 on a mission trip. Came back with silly aspirations to join the Peace Corps. Ruthless 3rd world Dictatorships put in place and trained by the School of the Americas, FTW!!

Reactions: UK_Norm
Spent a week in Zacapa, Guatemala circa 2003 on a mission trip. Came back with silly aspirations to join the Peace Corps. Ruthless 3rd world Dictatorships put in place and trained by the School of the Americas, FTW!!

Just be glad there weren't any fat people on bikes and y'all had plenty of time to dust and shit.

Anyone in the crowd ever had sinus surgery? I had a deviated septum, turbinate reduction, and opening up some cavities. 2 weeks ago today, and I'm still pretty bad. Can't even walk without pain from the jarring. Been working from home to keep movement to a minimum but this ish is insane. Would never have guessed it would be this bad. He did have to some serious reconstruction on the septum so I guess that part of the issue with still being swollen.

Anyone here had this and when does it start to actually feel better. I'm pretty disheartened so far.

Comparing Game of Thrones to watching Kentucky basketball is about right. It is an incredibly well done television show that occasionally misses the mark. The first six seasons were Calipari / Pitino quality. The last two seasons are somewhere between late era Tubby and Billy G.

-septoplasty. Helped a bit. Having sinus cavity packed with gauze for a few after surgery is weird/unnerving. No doc...but you shouldn't still have pain.

Last edited:
-KPGA Pro Am Championship @ Big Spring today. Shit was brutal...played the very tippy tips, cold AF (8:10 am), 20mph winds in your face on seemingly every hole, rough way up -- just about too much course for this old short knocker in those conditions. Birdie on the last kept me from being blanked.

-Pretty cool that one of Milwaukee/Toronto will be playing for an NBA Title, and have a fairly decent shot of winning.

-Last stop of a Euro trip always gets the short end of the stick, at least for us. Just impossible to have the same enthusiasm & energy as the previous stops, no matter where it is. We barely even leave our hotel's general area on the last day. 9-10 days seems about the sweet spot, travel included. No clue how people do 2-3 weeks, I'm not sure that will ever be in the cards for us - I'm ready to be home after 7 days of being just about anywhere.

-Anth basically ignoring me for months about it and then suddenly pretending he was all-in for a guy's trip to the PGA 3 days before departure is cute, and typical. I'm betting Sloot disagrees.

-Season 3 of Sneaky Pete definitely isn't up to par thus far, but will see it though. Not a fan of the Lizzie addition, she gets on my nerves.

-Trivia Benefit for St. Jude's on Friday night. Did well in the silent auction. Signed Justin Thomas Masters Flag, Autographed Dan Issel jersey, 1.75 of Macallan 12, and a Cal Makers bottle.

-Old people love cafeterias, man. Morrison's was always a stop when in Louisville with my grandparents. At home, they had dinner weekly my entire childhood at the HOSPITAL b/c they loved their cafeteria so damn much. :joy::100points:

-I haven't heard a single golfer, pro or amateur, who's in favor of the PGA move. Pretty sure the sponsors of the last few weeks tournaments aren't either given all the notable absences. So of course, UKO disagrees. What a psychopath.

He did have to some serious reconstruction on the septum so I guess that part of the issue with still being swollen.

Better than having reconstruction of the rectum i would guess. So at least look on the bright side.

Notes from my couch as I sleep off this jetlag......
Sevilla
- best city of our trip overall -- very clean, great bars, extremely affordable....basically the perfect combo overall

Lisbon
- i wasn't overly impressed. that city was dirty af, and by the time we got there we were exhausted, the weather was bad, and our air bnb sucked.
I hate to admit it, but finally agree with you on something. Sevilla is a dope mixture of Spanish and Moorish influences - great food, lots of wine, perfect weather, and affordable.

Was in Lisbon 8 months ago and easily my least favorite European city.

The cafeteria in the new student center is an underrated lunch spot. Dedicated Mexican bar or meat & three plus drink for $10.

Or you can have chips and queso, a corn dog, mashed potatoes and a slice of pizza like it's meant to be enjoyed.

Lol. BBdk sends Larry and I an invite to PGA in NYC then promptly retracts an hour later when he realizes his wife wants to go. Only to say, "You all can still go!!1"

K.

WS had about ZERO interest in going to Long Island for a golf tourney.
I've gone on several guys trip since G arrived. I'm sure if you wouldn't have pulled the invite and the schedule worked she would've been fine with it.
It's WAY easier for one of us to go somewhere and the other stay home than it is both of us as finding a full weekend sitter for a 4 year old isn't exactly easy.

Hmm, I've heard nothing but raves from others on Lisbon and Porto - disappointing to hear, was on our short list. Everyone likes different things I suppose.
Porto >>> Lisbon. Duoro Valley was dope too. Didn't get to make it to the Algarve, but I hear it's the place to be in Portugal.

Lisbon ---> meh.

Yeah, that's not true at all. Go look up your GChat, a MONTH before the tournament you were still "not sure, I haven't really mentioned it yet."

I bought my tickets a year ago, booked my hotel 6 months ago. "Pulled the invite" :joy:Whatever makes you feel better, bubitch.

Edit: Here you go, and this was the last you ever spoke of it. "Pulled Invite"

zitHf3GDic5HunvNi3Mr-bKAxzgUOOPRVMp2O-KRkGgXw8nIBCMyCew_G0m8qxGTEAMF_F7JitMF8aX7xs1G9IUGDRAWFqGyVbfQ5HCbJeNiSNNJFJDq0UZpZYHW_UYgZRs8cnZRk-18hIaPpuLX1X0mqc5s5wA3GhbjqVhKDdUqhKfIjfsNRoYj9S-FG95y3rHvN6wBAa-23oa7cSL1dLICEtwlick2Nl-_r_gAkQ-Z3Z56JrQJ9DYotaAtL_uC3QsjbcsgOAeRCbZpbvGlRuE1zpYPUvMZ5RhJ0UvRnWMo9mbjcNwth9gs6AwlXsK3J1R6igdWvZhbPL5thCLA-9ymuHmJDKlsJAf36HoG3GrNsTLfvmjquypAvkIyXpfTBZWMer_RNIhxW6dfmpjJn67bHugQG05FAZjfxuEcSyb-hHDRa42EAZB_f5xReugPKuFKnglFl5_1ZnQmW5fkB2XSChR5OrOlDg2vZU7btc2EyY58pj9I0Es1yjRBGS1ZAXtlMtbYRhf4XMzIvrdszgCNd3OBdFmVQye0GDyuoy0Gn7CgsYY8Ku4RUkupDRIJdzOGKiy8WZ3tYba7_Iv-HMilyQfI6HVT3-aYOPSg1lESGXD9pyWSpRupnEFD3rBK-8g54YKcwRYo8MtoO_WaRqwmjjuaYN8=w480-h640-no

AF1QipNTS8Y-P6v8U6GnjbJPu3kWjYyiFCeaPt-vRNvi

Last edited:
Lucifer season 4 has been great so far, bout 5 episodes in now. If you’re a fan, think you will be pleased.

Spent a big chunk of our last trip in Sevilla, pretty dope spot. Really enjoyed their worship of all things beef.

Here were the things I did not like about Lisbon....

- it catered very well to English speakers. while that sounds like a good thing, i also like feeling like I'm in another country when.....i'm in another country. felt a little more like a tourist trap than an exotic vacation.
- it was dirty af. to be fair though, that's after spending a week and a half in the squeaky clean spain.
- the party scene felt like nashville or vegas. seriously, there were a TON of english and irish bachelor parties. dudes were dressed in french maid outfits (i guess the idea is to embarass the groom-to-be), stumbling around all over the place, being completely beligerent

Very, very cool city. Don't get me wrong. If anything, it was probably unfair as we constantly compared it to the much more peaceful/relaxing cities of Spain.

Yeah, that's not true at all. Go look up your GChat, a MONTH before the tournament you were still "not sure, I haven't really mentioned it yet."

I bought my tickets a year ago, booked my hotel 6 months ago. "Pulled the invite" :joy:Whatever makes you feel better, bubitch.

Edit: Here you go, and this was the last you ever spoke of it. "Pulled Invite"

zitHf3GDic5HunvNi3Mr-bKAxzgUOOPRVMp2O-KRkGgXw8nIBCMyCew_G0m8qxGTEAMF_F7JitMF8aX7xs1G9IUGDRAWFqGyVbfQ5HCbJeNiSNNJFJDq0UZpZYHW_UYgZRs8cnZRk-18hIaPpuLX1X0mqc5s5wA3GhbjqVhKDdUqhKfIjfsNRoYj9S-FG95y3rHvN6wBAa-23oa7cSL1dLICEtwlick2Nl-_r_gAkQ-Z3Z56JrQJ9DYotaAtL_uC3QsjbcsgOAeRCbZpbvGlRuE1zpYPUvMZ5RhJ0UvRnWMo9mbjcNwth9gs6AwlXsK3J1R6igdWvZhbPL5thCLA-9ymuHmJDKlsJAf36HoG3GrNsTLfvmjquypAvkIyXpfTBZWMer_RNIhxW6dfmpjJn67bHugQG05FAZjfxuEcSyb-hHDRa42EAZB_f5xReugPKuFKnglFl5_1ZnQmW5fkB2XSChR5OrOlDg2vZU7btc2EyY58pj9I0Es1yjRBGS1ZAXtlMtbYRhf4XMzIvrdszgCNd3OBdFmVQye0GDyuoy0Gn7CgsYY8Ku4RUkupDRIJdzOGKiy8WZ3tYba7_Iv-HMilyQfI6HVT3-aYOPSg1lESGXD9pyWSpRupnEFD3rBK-8g54YKcwRYo8MtoO_WaRqwmjjuaYN8=w480-h640-no

AF1QipNTS8Y-P6v8U6GnjbJPu3kWjYyiFCeaPt-vRNvi
Like I said, when you pulled the invite(a ticket you offered me) and turned it into a couple's trip it was basically a no go. That screen shot doesn't really work. I'm not scared to ask about anything, not sure where that came from, but we only get so many multiday babysitter favors and it wasn't going to be a priority. Any parent understands that.

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Still not true. You told me all along you were fine on tickets with your uncle/cousin/whoever.

Bottom line ---> a month out, you still could not commit, and that doesn't work in the real world. :victory:

Man, after all this nonsense I sure hope there are some other people at Bethpage this week that I didn't invite or were apparently responsible for getting to a public golf tournament. Would be pretty weird if it was just wife & I out there, but also kinda cool.

I'm about to fire out several super secret texts. Had enough of this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT