ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last politico post; I’ll vote for him AGAIN, because, at the end of the day, things will move along as usual no matter who is POTUS, but at least with Trump, I get the pleasure of watching the beautifully spectacular scene unfold. Hand-wringing, heads exploding, entertainers losing their dignity and sense. Basically, the whole f@@@ed up pageantry of it all.

They’re screwing us all anyway, it might as well be entertaining.

Cal finally seems like he's prioritizing shooting over dribble penetration in recruiting--->NCAA makes three point shooting more difficult to "remove some of the congestion on the way to the basket."

Obviously a coincidence, and I doubt it'll make a huge difference.

Still, GFY NCAA.

Reactions: Century Cat
HOT TAKE: It is pretty awesome to see the "advanced" analytics that led to James Harden playing matador defense and shooting a billion times a game get whipped by a superior basketball team that might play the most enjoyable style of all time, imo.

Also Point God going 0-fer on championships for an otherwise hall of fame career is solid, too.

You just don't pass up a chance to see the guy who wrote those Rascal Flatts songs. I've always said that
:joy: If you and the 14 other people that agreed with you on this take cant enjoy a cold beer next to the Gulf of Mexico with a couple good friends and a famous song writer playing live music while the sun goes down, I got nothing for you bud. Good take Kristen.

My oldest kid is about the same age as Anth and Sloot’s kid, and the thought of taking them to a nice restaurant gives me anxiety. We occasionally take them to Texas Roadhouse because it’s the only place loud enough that they won’t be an obvious distraction.

Usually end up having to turn on YouTube on my phone for them before the meal is over. Would actually kinda enjoy seeing the look on the faces of the ruby’s crowd as they got treated to Baby Shark during their dinner.

In other words, congrats on raising what must be a little gentleman.

Going to a high end steakhouse is a time for me to get away from my children, enjoy some dinner and fine drinks, and have a relaxing adult night out. Don’t see myself taking my kids to one until they’re like 16, but to each their own.

I’ve never had Barleys Chumps, back when I lived in brewery district I used to really like old skool’s grilled wings and press grill, I would give those a try if you haven’t. Now that I’m stuck in suburban hell I don’t make it downtown but once every couple months. Best wings in my area (Polaris) is this new place called Atlas Grill which are real good - they have an awesome dry rub!

My hatboggan is watching rogue get offended when someone calls him out on his humblebrags. Those posts are always done in a playful manner, at least that’s how I take the tone. But rogue comes back all serious and straight doubles down. He’s like the anti-boat.

I guess being a red-head in the tropics can’t always be roses?

"Hey Jaxon you have been a good boy this week. The baby sitter is going to swing by Mackey D's and get you a happy meal. Ole dad and mommy is off to Jeff Ruby's."

Am I allowed to post a preemptive STFU to the poster named after a former players dick?

How about one for

d9485e69a00ef1403d10073b9649c74c9065b53ea88fd8b97b89b6b19247711c.jpg

Wife is super stressed and really needs a weekend away. She is thinking we should airbnb in Mt. Adams for Memorial Day.

Are there good places to eat / stuff to do there?

It's not like we're eating Ruby's with him often, as far as I can recall us 3 haven't ever done anything like that. Otherwise it's one of the kid friendly places around town or pizza. He's a good kid but 2 vs 1 at 5p isn't that tough. Ruby's was great with him, btw. We were out by 7p before the crowd arrived.

I do agree heavily with that type of meal being an adult relaxation though. He won't be joining often. Dad getting 1 glass of wine so he can safely drive us home isn't ideal. He enjoyed the hell out of it, though. Which made it fun. He was solely focused on the Wildcat Cake and Banana Fosters that were coming out. He put in work on a slice of the cake.

That place is outstanding, btw. Easily his biggest bar area, not even counting the patio. Ruby really topped my expectations. They have what appears to be a UK themed party room just for recruiting visits. I'm sure the fine folks at BHG aren't pleased as they pay Cal a bunch of money. Granted, he's been doing those meals at Tony's for several years.

NY Strip cooked to perfection, as expected. Manager came to check, waiter checked. Service was dialed in. A+ as expected.

There ya go, rich.

Last edited:
Why would it be an issue for parents to take their kids to a nice place to eat?

Bragging out LOUD: My kids have been going to "high end" restaurants starting when the youngest was 4. I've had exactly zero issues. Key is to know what they serve and what they will eat if there isn't a designated childrens menu.

Daddy I don’t want fish sticks, I want Ruby’s! Lol, anyways glad you had fun.

Heading back tonight, might go seafood. So many choices.

Belle’s last night for my buddy’s 40th. Always a good time.

Hit up a one year olds birthday today. Little sipping rum was passed around.

Reactions: CSC81
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT