ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free is taking it too far. But I saw a proposal where you pay a percentage of your income for a certain amount of years, and the remainder (if any) is forgiven. Something like 5% for 10 years. I think that’s reasonable, and doable.
Planet Money just did a podcast about this. They do it at Purdue.
Lauren is getting tens of thousands of dollars toward her tuition not as a scholarship or a loan. There is no set amount of money she has to pay back. But for eight years after she graduates, she has to give Purdue a percentage of her income. The more she makes, the more Purdue gets. It's more like she sold stock in herself.

Link

Reactions: UK_Norm
-:rolleyes: Dixie is a shell of it's former self, nothing like what we grew up with, the character and charm of the blue collar folks replaced with car wash - pawn shop - cash advance - used car lot - repeat.

-Juzang is a nice contingency, and it seems like he's ours, but that glimmer of hope for Hampton has me anxious.

-McDaniels [smoke], of course he falls out of all top 5s this last month after being in them for the last 2 years but he's a stud.

-Could just get into a trade like the 19 year old working for me with no education expenses and just passed his licensing test. He's making more this year with OT than his classmates will be in 5-6 years and without debt. He'll also have more earning potential and job security than most of them at least over the next decade if not longer. Hell, most trades you don't even need to go to school. Just get your foot in the door, put your head down, and show up to work.

Our higher education system has created a generation of people who are f***ed for life financially before they turn 20. Kinda concerning?

It's not actually the Higher Ed system- it's started with the state's disinvestment in higher education to fund medicaid and social services because they knew colleges could recoup a lot of costs with tuition increases. Look its all in chapter 4 of my book, I mean the data is right there.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
It's not actually the Higher Ed system- it's started with the state's disinvestment in higher education to fund medicaid and social services because they knew colleges could recoup a lot of costs with tuition increases. Look its all in chapter 4 of my book, I mean the data is right there.
I was kinda including the government in that but FAIR POINT

Kentucky will be a nice place for Juzang to workout for a year before transferring to unlv. Pretty excited for his autograph signing at ksbar tho
Gonna hold off on my excitement until I get a read on the brisket that day.

McDaniels has to mean no blackshear I would think, but either way it pretty much makes it pretty silly to follow recruiting with all the reclassifications and grad transfers - the whole month after the tournament is a shit show.

I hate to talk money but me and my wife were in 600k student debt after graduation - and I had a full ride for undergrad. And that’s fine, totally fine.

Chernobyl [thumb2][thumb2]

Actually trying to work out a day trip to Chernobyl and Pripyat later this month while I'm Kiev for a few days. Marcus.

I'll be in Ukraine for about a week then heading to France for the first time in nine years. Couple days in Paris then off to Normandy for the 75th anniversary of D-day.

To date in 2019, the destinations with the best points redemption value based on the cash cost of the room are:

1. The Maldives
2. Singapore
3. Nashville

A return trip to #1 is booked this fall over Thanksgiving. Nashville's gonna have to wait though.

Reactions: wcc31
Stoops is over here cheating his ass off, doing impossible things, and Cal is scooping up Johnny Juzang????? plus lifetime contracts. When are we gonna fire that stupid Mitch idiot?

- Brax- how are the boys hitting? Check my IG everyday hoping to see some moonshots.

- Ben Roberts is awesome. Very rarely mentioned among the UK media elite but he does a great job.

- RE: Hampton. I don’t know, man. I mean- yeah, I think he’s a stud but I really want to see Quick and Hagans develop. My hotty this offseason is that Hagans will be our best player next year. I’d talk myself into it in a second, but serious reservations here. Same with Blackshear and Montgomery/Richards.

- What newspapers/site do you subscribe to? No damn reason I can’t pony up for $50 a year (if that) for the Washington Post and New York Times instead of my bullshit cheapo 3 articles a month habit.

- Summer: Heavy run of DMB and country.

- 40th approaching and not a shit given. No anxiety. Did experience some at 30. Newport Pub Crawl to continue my annual excuse to get my dad buddies out for some coldies.

- Ubereatsing some Bakersfield and enjoying this wonderful Spring evening. What a great time to be alive.

Hey Chad, thanks for asking.

Oldest started the season red hot. He’s cooled off some, in large part to the pitching. Getting BB’d almost every at bat. Minor division in cal Ripken is ROUGH. Leads the team in stolen bases and stealing home. Real fast and a super smart base runner.

7 year old was a single away from hitting for the cycle last night. Was on absolute fire. He’s a very good hitter but he makes his money with his glove. So smooth. I try to get videos but with me coaching both teams it’s hard. I’ll have Kenzie do better.

- RE: Hampton. I don’t know, man. I mean- yeah, I think he’s a stud but I really want to see Quick and Hagans develop. My hotty this offseason is that Hagans will be our best player next year. I’d talk myself into it in a second, but serious reservations here. Same with Blackshear and Montgomery/Richards.

I agree to some extent. I'd take Blackshear almost regardless of any consequences.

As for Hampton, his dad has a few red flags but man... he's a damn stud and it's painfully obvious that he wants to be here. Cal can manage the egos, its what he does best.

Hagans
Maxey
Hampton
McDaniels
Blackshear

Quick
Whitney
Brooks
Montgomery
Sestina
Juzang
Richards

Manny is a perfect 6th man. The frontcourt is the tougher situation.

Last edited:
https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/cubs-fan-racist-gesture-tv-doug-glanville/

"While the gesture has also been used as part of the “circle game,” in which someone tries to trick a friend into looking at them making a similar hand gesture, Kenney said on 670 The Score that team officials met and decided it was more likely the gesture was used in a “racist way.” "

Seriously wtf, that is the stupidest shit ever.

KD just popped his Achilles for sure. That is the exact sentiment you have like “what the hell did I step on”.

Yuck!

Not enough, I need more, nothing seems to satisfy.

I don’t want it, I just need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT