ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was FC Cincinnati not FC Wilder?

I’m a proud Newportian now.

Typical post-Derby beer muscles from Louisville natives. All right, man- your hometown had its on weekend a year of national relevance. Sip some coconut water and simmer down.

Reactions: jayroon
Saw Mark Richt speak last night at some event my wife dragged me to. Never listened to him outside of a press conference and had no idea how funny he is. He had everyone rolling for about 30 mins straight.

He's going to do the analyst thing for the ACC this year. He brought up the retired part and sounds like he's only going to be retired from coaching for a short while.

Hump Day Randos:

-I couldn't believe how good Kawhi Leonard was 3-4 years ago...but now :eyes:. Dude is having a historic series numbers wise, and is basically unstoppable -- all while being arguably the best defender in the league. Man, what a player.

-Finished The Wire. Such a great show, but I disagree with those that put it #1. I found the final season rather silly, and Season 2 was pretty meh as well. 3 out of 5 great seasons is better than most shows, however. The long cast of great characters is what makes the show.

-Happy to get the local stud QB, but Beau is probably the most gag-worthy man's name I can think of.

-Great to see the lush grass everywhere, but my yard needs to calm down. That new cut look disappears in about 48 hours, and by 72 i feel the urge to mow it again.

-48 Hour Sous Vide Short ribs. Hard sear & 2 hour braise to finish in a Gochujang based sass (+ sambal, soy, fish sauce, garlic, Sesame Oil) - :fire: Highly recommend that method. You need to add this to your pantry, btw:

1.png

-The Max Homa win/story is really cool. One of the best :golf: follows on Twitter as well. #nevergiveup

-The Colonial Gardens development by Iroquois is about to open. Taco Luchador June 1st :fire:, w/ a Pizza place, Beer Garden, and 2 more restaurants scheduled to join.

-Anyone using CBD oil for their aging doggies? Have heard/read good things.

-Bethpage for the PGA Championship next week. Cannot wait to walk that track after watching in on TV my entire life. :) Ryder Cup is back there in 2024, which seems like an incredible crew-trip opportunity.

-Ready for some more basketball news :pray:

-Speaking of Kentucky Basketball, our 'Bluegrass Boys' team in The Tournament seems incredibly weak. Hawkins, Willis, Harrelson, Lee, and Ramon Harris? Love those guys, but lol.

yrEaEDysNaeL7MrZA

Last edited:
Reactions: _Chase_
Wodie..The same fella that owns Parlour Pizza in Jeffersonville is behind the new pizza joint, Union 15, in Colonial Gardens. Good za.

I’m glad to see that development happen. Really cool for the Iroquois Park neighborhood. Right near the amphitheater. I spent some summers as a kid in and around Iroquois Park, as my dad’s office was in Iroquois Manner. I’d go to work with him and dribble my basketball up to McDonald’s on S. 3rd for breakfast and then to the park. Also when I first learned of the greatness that is Indi’s Wings.

-The Colonial Gardens development by Iroquois DeSales is about to open. Taco Luchador June 1st :fire:, w/ a Pizza place, Beer Garden, and 2 more restaurants scheduled to join.

yrEaEDysNaeL7MrZA

Its cool to see that section of town show some signs of life. Starting with the Amphitheater's upgrade a few years ago and now basically refurbing a corner that has wasted away for decades.

I caught up with some high school buddies over the weekend and they were telling me the cost for DeSales now is just north of $14k/year. Yeesh. A bargain compared to some of the others but still...

Private school and college tuition money isn’t even real money anymore I mean we’re all gonna die and in debt so marcus I guess

Reactions: CatsFan75
Our higher education system has created a generation of people who are f***ed for life financially before they turn 20. Kinda concerning?

I'm not on the "free college" train by any means, but something has to be done. I can't imagine walking out from a four-year degree with six-figure debt, a shitty car if you have one, and no chance of buying a home anytime soon.

I'm not on the "free college" train by any means, but something has to be done. I can't imagine walking out from a four-year degree with six-figure debt, a shitty car if you have one, and no chance of buying a home anytime soon.
I joked with Maxxxxxxxx that I'm going to push my oldest kid to get into e-gaming for a career. Not sure I was entirely joking tbh.

Free is taking it too far. But I saw a proposal where you pay a percentage of your income for a certain amount of years, and the remainder (if any) is forgiven. Something like 5% for 10 years. I think that’s reasonable, and doable.

Free is taking it too far. But I saw a proposal where you pay a percentage of your income for a certain amount of years, and the remainder (if any) is forgiven. Something like 5% for 10 years. I think that’s reasonable, and doable.

That’s my exact repayment plan.

Currently $275 a month for 20 years, and whatever is left at the end is written off.

I honestly think the govt got so overwhelmed when Obama swept up all the bad debts that to just get money rolling in was a win. Seriously on my payment every month my balances still increases by $5-10 which is just absurd to offer that kind of plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT