ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent Oaks on the backside - man, that's a cool ass experience being in the middle of all that on a big race day. My buddy (golf partner) and his family have occupied Barn #8 for the last 43 years, it's essentially their 2nd home. He's got anywhere from 12-30 horses at any given time, ran one in the 7th on Oaks who was way outclassed, but ran well. Had the opportunity to do the walk over with him, but had little interest in that slop by that time & had also likely been served a little too much. The stories, as you could imagine from a family like that, are endless. Was basically just one big happy tailgate, Greetings of Merry Christmas throughout, endless free food/drink -- may have my new Oaks tradition.

Afterwards we hit the Central Ave Beer Depot and then finished up over the the VFW. Man, I *highly* recommend doing that. The culturual dynamics of parties directly in the middle of the hood are really something else. Talk about all walks of people...

...continuing that theme, finished the night w/ Jerry Green & Friends at Breckenridge Inn. That guy is such a pimp, worship.

Derby was spent at home. Several Derby parties/auctions lined up to hit, but 8am-Midnight on Oaks proved too much for this guy - guess I was a little rusty after taking the last 5 years off...may pace myself a little better next year, although I doubt it.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
VFW Derby week is a *MUST*

Did the Thurby/Derby double. Even with a day off on Oaks of sitting around the house eating everything in sight and betting TVG two days of 12+ hour drinking is just a killer on the body, especially when dealing with kids off and on during said time.

I can't even imagine the dollar figure Churchill Downs raked in this past week.

LMPD needs to tone it down a little on the crackdown on ride sharing. Basically telling people the only place to be dropped off by Uber/lyft is Cardinal Stadium :flush: and all but attacking those who try to get out anywhere on Longfield.

Facebook is awful Derby week TS.

Last edited:
Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Kid, dog, cats... I got them all.

My WCC wedding coozie made it safely through the weekend as well.

I also cashed a nice little ticket on Bobby's Wicked One on Derby Day. Thanks doc! Picking based on names works just as well as any other horse racing gambling system.

Reactions: drxman1
* Watching a middle aged man casually walk over after the inquiry and grab the cash from a kid with tears in her eyes was definitely a life-lesson in the making for the kid.

This was my 11 year old. She got a good life lesson about gambling. Ours was a $10 pool. She went from elation to nervous disbelief to tears to grudging acceptance.

When we left, I told her that the really good feeling she had when she thought she won and the really bad feeling she had when she lost was something she needed to remember if she wanted to be a UK football fan.

Was out walking the neighborhood and ran into and spoke with the Schems as they were pulling back into town. Fact that it was about as cloudy as it could be and Sloot was wearing sunglasses told me everything I needed to know about how much fun they had.

You guys be careful up there

D55fb-BXoAEfmHn.jpg

The Reds. :joy::joy::joy:

It’s sad that such a storied franchise is so shitty. I want to pull for them because of proximity but can’t do it.

Yea, but they're being shitty in top-notch fashion. ERA is tremendous, only last place team with a + run differential, etc etc. This team is just waiting to explode.

* I'm not counting out the Reds yet. They are currently 15-20 (14-12 since that initial ridiculous losing streak) and have been generating some serious offense since Senzel was called up. He hit 2 more HRs today. They should've swept the Giants but todays win did give them a 2-2 series split.

If the pitching continues to be solid (and Wood finally coming off the IL should help that) they could make some noise. You know the majority of the regulars will have similar numbers to what they always have swinging the sticks, plus Scooter will be coming back.

UKO, please don't respond and please do choke on a cock. I do not care what your opinion is.

* Penny is pulling out all of the stops at Memphis. I'm currently working on some logos for their new Tiger striped court that is supposed to help even more with recruiting.

Anyone ever watched a movie called Mid 90's? I started it because I heard something about studio A24 movies. This was the 1st on the list when I searched that on Amazon. Anyway the movie was amazing, but near the end I had a feeling it was about to turn suddenly tragic. I turned it off because I didn't want to watch that ending because the movie was that good up till then. If it does end tragically I probably won't ever watch it, but if it has a happy ending I want to see it. Anyone give me that info and only that info?

Zags getting suspended from Twitter was an interesting turn today. Guess Arizona fans don't like what he's been reporting and went after him.

Never was a huge fan of Kyrie on the Celtics. Think the C's need to let him walk. He's been shit vs the Bucks. Can't imagine how they could extract Lillard from Portland, but he's the guy I'd overpay for.

Not to rain on the signing, but I sure hope this LexCath kid is way >>>>> Drew Barker.

Bledsoe the first UK guard under Calipari to play in the NBA Finals if the Bucks make it this year?

* I'm not counting out the Reds yet. They are currently 15-20 (14-12 since that initial ridiculous losing streak) and have been generating some serious offense since Senzel was called up. He hit 2 more HRs today. They should've swept the Giants but todays win did give them a 2-2 series split.

If the pitching continues to be solid (and Wood finally coming off the IL should help that) they could make some noise. You know the majority of the regulars will have similar numbers to what they always have swinging the sticks, plus Scooter will be coming back.

UKO, please don't respond and please do choke on a cock. I do not care what your opinion is.

LOL...I don't swing that way, but you should care, because you and Pti are the biggest baseball buffoons around. Makes for good humor, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT