ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-One of the many great parts of being a Catholic school kid in Louisville. Always off on Friday of Derby Week. Soon, they will probably be off on Thursday for Thurby.

-For folks in our who support the equine industry around Lexington, this is our Hell Week. Everyone can take a sigh of relief after Saturday.

-Never have seen any Avengers movie.Also have never seen any episode of GOT.

-I know Anth Derby's hard, but Derby is SortsGuyNIndy's week of the year. That guy is a true Derby superstar. Chatting with Kid Rock, Shooting hoops with Tubby, doing shots with a supermodel, and wearing every pastel color possible.

Funny you mention, she takes a few lessons and now thinks she’s some golf savant. “ You need to slow your swing down, it will probably go straight.”

Yes I know, but it’s hard for the lion to see the gazelle and not try to kill it.

So anyway I humor her, hit it nice and easy and it’s a smooth 275 down the fairway. She tees off about a hundred yards in front of me, actually smacks it pretty good, and her ball is a few feet ahead of mine...and the trash talking began.

Created a monster.

-Derby's hard what, Huber? (/boat)

-Meh, I'd put our Derby week runs up against any back in the early aughts. School was out, BTown Rd was 3 blocks from my house, bars closed at 6a, parties all over the city for 7 straight days, infield, grew up 3 miles from the place and my HS is less than a mile away. Growing up in Louisville... it just means more to us.

Still only missed 2 since 1998 but 2003 Derby Anth would kick the shit of 2019 Derby Anth.

-Nashville is dumb. Tried mightily to skip the SECT this year in favor of Vegas and we would've come out cheaper. $300 per night a room less(I would've also used points so more than that really), companion pass/points on the flight, no ticket cost, and same on partying/dinners.

-Picked up the Marvel stuff in January and watched everything from Hulk -> Infinity War while on the indoor bike. Makes the miles fly by. Good series for something like that, never been a comics guy before this, but they're mostly really good movies. Ragnorak -> IW -> Endgame run is just awesome.

-I love Juzang, top 25 guy, skilled and not just an athlete, shooter, intelligent. Still haven't seen a highlight of him dunking. Sign me up for our 9th guy and it never fails that exact kid always overachieves under Cal.

-This class has a good mix of athletes and skill.

-The Wire is my first indoor reboot for next fall. It's been long enough that it'll be like new. Might dive into GoT afterwards.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
I like this John Young fella.

Much of that revolves around the highest-ranked recruit in Lexington, four-star quarterback Beau Allen. One of the prospects that officially visited UK’s campus this weekend, Young will not stop recruiting Allen until he commits.

“I am his buddy and the truth is I am going to do everything I can. I am gonna bug that dude until he blocks my number. I’m going to be on him until he commits,” said Young.

“I know that Kentucky stands in a really good spot with Beau and his family. He’s from there. Beau’s one of my best friends and I talk to him everyday. Now when I talk to him I always throw in, ‘you know it’s time to hop on board and start recruiting with me because we could really have something special with this class.’ That’s the God’s honest answer that I’ll be on him until he commits.”

-Derby's hard what, Huber? (/boat)

Just saying I know you do Derby Harder/Better than most, but SGNI has had a fairly magical run since Ive known him since the mid 90s. Has to atleast be considered as Co GYERO Derby Champion.

"Dude you want to come over Thursday night?" Yeah Melissa Joan Hart and Drew Barrymore are coming over to Dad's for dinner. Maybe you could park cars or something if you want to meet them while we eat inside."

Still remember the front page of the Courier Sunday after Derby and the main picture was him and Tubby up in Millionaires Row.

Regardless, hope everyone in attendance has fun. I'll be a good buddy's house watching it with shorts, flip flops, and my least wrinkled shirt on.

I doubt I would even get off the couch to meet Drew Barrymore if she was at the front door.

Can’t stand Michael Rappaport. His character and Choo Choo were when Justified jumped the shark for me.

Anth has softened on his derby supremacy. Sounds like he’s ready to pass the torch. Guess he’s getting older.

Ted’s Cadillac bbq bison burger is a magical thing.

Reactions: anthonys735
-Drew Barrymore? K. No, thanks.

-Rappaport only highlight was being a goober on Rock n Jock.

-Ted's was fine, let's not give it more credit than deserved.

- Im a 37 year old dad who's been contemplating buying crocs for at least 8 months because even though you look like an asshole, they just look so comfortable. Safe to say I passed all party torches years ago.

Last edited:
Crocs are dangergous as AF.. You get them wet out in the yard and plant your foot the wrong way? See you later, cruciate ligament!!

TBH I just wear Nantucket loafers and it's a much more versatile statement. Plant some ish, take the kids for a walk, run a quick errand to ACE or whatever.

It's fine.

You wear loafers while doing yard work?

images

Boom.

You wear the gym shoes you wore out a few years ago to do yard work airbody knows that idiots

Yeah but then Anth would be planting flowers in those weird toe shoe things.

Someday there's going to be a retro market for grass stained New Balance 857s and Nike Air Monarchs.

What kind of plants do you plant with those loafers there, goose? Hostas?? Lmao

Is Jon snow on the hot seat yet? Dude has been nothing but garbage since he was resurrected. 0-3 all time against the Night King. Dumb decision after dumb decision. Best thing he’s done is wax his aunt.

Want to see Endgame this coming weekend. Hard to avoid spoilers around little kids. Those little assholes get on fortnite and blab to their little buddies about everything and then they think the shit is funny when they spoil it for me. :mad:

Reactions: rudd1
-living in an old neighborhood begets a need of shade loving plants. These are the best:

Hostas
Sweet woodruff
Bleeding heart*
Lily of the valley
Pachysandra
Wild geranium
Solimans seal

* my sentimental favorite as i took one from mom's garden after she passed...its survived two moves and is thriving. Yuge.

Last edited:
Speaking of coaches, Sean and Will are having a rough 10 days.

I'f I'm reading this correctly Book Richardson(Sean Miller's right hand assistant) offered Naz Reid to LSU for $150k. :joy:

Anth doesn't plant flowers. Flowers/gardening is my thing. I don't own crocs either and typically wear flip flops or tennis shoes, depending on the task at hand.

Geese's fountains/ponds look awesome from the snaps I've seen. Taking after his dad, for sure

Good stuff Reds

4th inning, actually have a lead. 2 outs with the 8-9 hitters coming up....

BB
1B
BB
BB
BB

Tie game.

I don’t understand, they won tonight after blowing a 4-0 lead.

They have Scooter and Alex Wood coming back in the next 2 weeks with Taylor Trammel and Nick Senzel both ready, and are due a correction to their very underwhelming hitting.

On top of that I have $0 invested in them, and will buy the cheap seats when “my” Cubs come to town.

On top of all of that I watched my boat pull out of my drive way for the last time today.:cry:

It took over a month and turning down several offers of which I was laughed at followed by a “good luck” but I broke even and used it 5 times.

Now, if the Nuggets cover I may or may not be in the market for a 0 turn mower!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT