ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's one thing a yet-to-be-drafted, upcoming NBA rookie (who will be spending most of his future time flying here and there) needs, it's a car that cost more than most people's houses. For his sake I hope it's a rental.

GYERO- full of miserable pricks who always did the prudent thing, especially when they were 19 years old.

[eyeroll]

I’m happy for Johnson. Did his time. Close to his dream.

Reactions: anthonys735
OMG y’all are like so stupid. Did you see a Dollar Rent-A-Car license plate cover on that thing??? Didn’t think so.

Of course it’s not a rental.

sch

I don’t understand how the NFL and MLB got their draft entry rules right, and yet the NBA continues to mess things up for both levels.

Reactions: Century Cat
Durant is insufferable. He may be a all time top 10 talent but he is nowhere near a top 10 player. I don't know if I'd rank him as a Top 5 all time small forward.
Bird
LeBron
Dr. J
Pippen
Iceman
Bernard King
Worthy
Nique
Rick Barry

I see him more in the mold of Gervin or Wilikns than Bird, LeBron, or Doc. He's an extraordinary talent but I'd rather have other guys.

The Cal Poly decision. :joy: I think the NCAA is just trolling us now.

The NCAA found that the $800 stipends given to athletes was not equal to the actual cost of course-related books purchased and that Cal Poly failed to monitor its book stipend program. The investigating committee said the stipend exceeded the actual cost of books for 72 athletes by $16,180 — ranging from $5 to $734 — and caused 30 athletes to exceed their individual financial aid limits.

Yet UL still has its title and UNC ran a decade long academic fraud.

Durant is insufferable. He may be a all time top 10 talent but he is nowhere near a top 10 player. I don't know if I'd rank him as a Top 5 all time small forward.
Bird
LeBron
Dr. J
Pippen
Iceman
Bernard King
Worthy
Nique
Rick Barry

I see him more in the mold of Gervin or Wilikns than Bird, LeBron, or Doc. He's an extraordinary talent but I'd rather have other guys.
TUBBY WAS RIGHT

Bird
LeBron
Dr. J
Pippen
Iceman
Bernard King
Worthy
Nique
Rick Barry

A true great doesn’t join the team who just beat him.

Grad transfer proposal was also defeated, so no changes there. [thumb2] to both.

-Look, I hate Durant and I'd "rather have" many of the others for that very reason, but he's better than all those dudes except maybe 2. Get real.

-So neither Miller or Wade even has to testify. :joy: What a joke. Head coaches are untouchable.

Last edited:
EJ played more minutes per game than Richards and even started at the end of the season despite being inferior to Richards by most objective measurements.

Their numbers are pretty identical.

That’s about where comparisons stop. Reason why EJ has a “decision to make” and Nick Richards is gonna play 5 years here and still won’t know what basketball is.

I think that the guys considering staying in the draft or not should be able to travel with an NBA team for a week. Most would realize they could improve their draft stock and still have fun on campus for a year instead of grinding out for a lower contract signing immediately. The extra million or 2 that PJ made this year had to have been more fun than what he could have been doing the last 12 months by signing last year

And sit behind Nick Richards again? One of those two is going somewhere. EJ is the only one worth a shit, and he’s already wasted 1 year.

He did not sit behind Nick Richards. And how exactly did he waste a year ? If you mean being giving every opportunity to show case his talents and failing to run with it, I agree. he did waste a year.

EJ had good hands, and didn’t fall down often. The split should have been 80/20, not anything close to 50/50. Especially the way Cal does it - one mistake GET OUT!!!! Other guy in a minute, OUT!!!!! Repeat x10.

Their numbers are pretty identical.

If by numbers you mean points per game, then sure!

If shooting efficiency and blocked shots count, then no. Richards was far and above a better shot blocker and scorer. He actually led the team in true shooting and block rate.

If by numbers you mean points per game, then sure!

If shooting efficiency and blocked shots count, then no. Richards was far and above a better shot blocker and scorer. He actually led the team in true shooting and block rate.

Then those stats are pure bs. Nick Richards was our worst defender, perpetually out of position, zero coordination, awful rebounder, etc etc etc. There are no stats that show Nick Richards deserved anything more than mop up duty. You don't need anything more than 2 eyeballs to settle this one. Ask the NBA. Ask Cal, it's why he's sat Nick 2 straight tournaments. DREAMS!

Reactions: west-ky-wildcat
Nick’s rebound rate was on par with Montgomery’s lol

Really, Montgomery’s pitiful shooting efficiency for a big should have been disqualifying by itself. Nick being as good or better in like every category despite being unable to catch or stand on two feet must be telling about Montgomery’s production.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Nick’s rebound rate was on par with Montgomery’s lol

Really, Montgomery’s pitiful shooting efficiency for a big should have been disqualifying by itself. Nick being as good or better in like every category despite being unable to catch or stand on two feet must be telling about Montgomery’s production.

Then I guess Cal should have played Nick more in the NCAA tournament. Maybe you are right. We know Cal is an idiot bench coach.

People that make the leap are typically people that showed it in games, but inconsistently. PJ had some games as a freshman where he dominated - he basically took over against KSU even though he missed 35 FTs. Hagans this year when he took over for like 7 games but regressed, WCS, etc. people like EJ that were awful all year very rarely turn into some unstoppable force over summer workouts, but I hope to be wrong.

Reactions: WKYLawCat
EJ’s leap is a poor mans PJ. I’m scouring the internet for any Blackshear news I can find. He is the key for a great season barring any others who enter the transfer portal we could bring in.

EJ had good hands, and didn’t fall down often. The split should have been 80/20, not anything close to 50/50. Especially the way Cal does it - one mistake GET OUT!!!! Other guy in a minute, OUT!!!!! Repeat x10.

For a top 10 recruit, EJ overall was garbage last year.

Period.

He can certainly make the leap, and a great season probably depends on it b

Reactions: Kennedy_UK
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT