ADVERTISEMENT

Jamarion Wilcox

R.O.T.Muckinfush

Sophomore
Jul 13, 2017
What ever happened to him? Thought this dude was hyped pretty bigly from the recruiting circles but no word about him after his RS season? Is he just slow or what?

What ever happened to him? Thought this dude was hyped pretty bigly from the recruiting circles but no word about him after his RS season? Is he just slow or what?
Has been slow to grasp concepts, had a serious injury his true freshman year(either pulled hammy or groin, don't recall which, which are slow to heal/easy to aggravate). Comments I saw after Sat's scrimmage was that he had a good day, hate to disappoint you.

Let be honest

If the rb depth chart is

Traynum
Then Demi or Patterson…..that does not bode well for him. To be fourth string after camp is a bad sign for the future

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Let be honest

If the rb depth chart is

Traynum
Then Demi or Patterson…..that does not bode well for him. To be fourth string after camp is a bad sign for the future
Good point. I just remember folks making him out to be the next boom williams.... can't really bank on any of these recruits until you get them on campus and see what they got. Have to take recruiting news with a grain of salt.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
If Wilcox does not get PT this year, it’s gonna be tough to make the rotation next year for sure. With NIL, it’s difficult to keep those guys around.

RB position group is average at best. When the coach says our backup QB is the best runner that should tell you something.
I don't think it says anything other than we have another weapon to deploy and he just happens to be a qb.

Reactions: mrschwump
They've pretty much signaled it's going to be RB by committee. Where do they find 2000-2500 rushing yards? Don't think they'll have a 1000 yard rusher but could they have 3 700 yard rushers? Could be.

Question I have is who gets the ball in this situation: UK up 2 with 3 minutes to play and UK needs to run out the clock. Who do they feed?

Wilcox is easily the highest rated guy (in terms of high school star ratings) in our RB room, right? Has to be. The guy was top 10 in the country at his position out of high school.

This may or may not be a fair statement but I think we have to do a much better job with our smaller/scat backs. Just seems to me that Stoops wants the bruiser type back to prevail and that’s ok but we NEED to get our smaller/faster guys the ball as well so we have a chance at the BIG PLAYS!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT