ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got “Let Trump Be Trump” as a gift.

Anth see Pitch Perfect 3 yet?

New fancy cookware looks nice. Now we’ll see what she does with it.

The lass and her family saw the Matt Damon mini movie, said it was god awful. I was stuck dealing with Rotorooter.

Reactions: roguemocha
Heading to New Orleans Apr 5-9 if anyone has any must see places or must try restaurants.

TIA

Hey guys write this down

2017-NashvilleRestaurants-Bowl.jpg

2017-NashvilleBars-Bowl.jpg

Our stupid football team was practicing on Christmas. We’ve had how many days since our last game? I hope Denzil told Mark to kiss his ass and keep the stupid bowl participation gift bag.

***New Orleans Snackdown***

Did not have a bad bite while I was there...

Felix's (French Quarter) - Seafood joint at Iverville and Bourbon
- Char-Grilled Oysters: Possibly my favorite dish on Earth. Incredible. Boat says it is even better at Drago. I've never been there, but these are stupidly good.
- Shrimp Po Boy: Simple and excellent.

Pascale's Manale (Uptown) - Had to Uber from St. Charles. Italian restaurant.
- Oysters on the half shell: As with anywhere else I've gotten them in NOLA, fresh and very good.
- Crabcake Fettuccine Alfredo: Different, more wet type of crab cake than I was expecting. Very different and very good. Served on a bed of fettuccine alfredo with more crab meat. Real deal pasta and sauce.

Mr. B's Bistro (French Quarter) - Fairly nice place. Went after the game so I was pissed off for a while. Nice bar selection while we waited for a table eased my anger.
- Seafood Gumbo: More broth than meat, and to be honest I think I liked it that way. Good.
- BBQ Shrimp (their signature dish): Heads and shells on. Good portion. Incredible sauce. This isn't BBQ sauce like Chief slathers all over his overcooked chicken. This is more of a rich, savory gravy. This dish was very good. Do not turn down the bib. Very messy, but they bring you hot towels and lemons throughout to help keep you from getting too sloppy.

We stayed at the Hilton on St. Charles, a few blocks from the French Quarter. There was a restaurant next door where we went to breakfast twice. Again... unreal.

Luke (Connected to the Hilton on St. Charles) - They had a raw bar and good looking lunch and dinner menus that we didn't get to try. The breakfast was amazing.
- Shrimp & Grits: Best take on the classic dish that I've ever had. A little darker broth than I was expecting, full of flavor. The grits were Jalapeño grits. Fantastic.
- Crabmeat Omelette: Also had shrooms, tomatoes and mozzarella in it. Simple, but great. The shrimp & grits were better, if you are only going once.

***WARNING*** 3 for 1 and 6 for 1 drinks and shots sound like a good idea in the middle of the afternoon, but they aren't. Especially if your wife is a skinny woman and you don't want her to pass out early.

A lot of bourbon. A few hurricanes. The White Christmas Martini at Mr. B's was a good after dinner drink. I actually had a fruity beer that I loved... Abita Purple Haze. I think it was raspberry or some shit, but it was good. I thought I was ordering some other Abita beer I had earlier. The horseradish at Pascale Manale temporarily grew my hair back everytime I put some on an oyster.

I go horseradish, dash of hot sauce and eat it on a saltine. I saw a lot of peeps slurping them out of the shells.

ACME Oyster had a ridiculous line at all hours. Never went there, but there were many other options (Felix's is right across the street) nearby.

I love the food in NOLA. Going there made me fatter, balder and happier.

The game sucked, but getting away with the wife was much needed and very much enjoyed.

The only disappointments were not going to the WW2 Museum and not hooking up with PTI.

Dennis has been absent a while, maybe this will draw him out. Puppies man, that sucks.

Glad Willy had a nice time. If you want the real Nola snackdown, talk to Pti's dad. It's like we were the same person.

Peaky Blinders new season has been awesome. Finishing tonight.

I spent 8 hours today fixing a leak under bathroom sink. Cut a hole in vanity back wall to find leak. Trip to Lowes for new boot connection, clamps, etc. Fixed first pvc leaking connection, put it all back together, only to find another leak in the copper line. Cut it out, trip back to Lowes, 5' pvc pipe, all new connections, & replaced with new pvc, only to discover a clog in the old line. Snaked it for a good hour and finally got it loosened. Put it all back together and no water leak or backup. Probably should have called a plumber but saved a few dollars doing it myself.

Sucks to be GEYRO POUR, sometimes

Reactions: roguemocha
What exactly does it take to get suspended by Stoops? I’m pretty sure you could slap him in the face on the sideline during a game and not earn a suspension.

Sorry, but did I read, “Crabcake Fettuccini Alfredo”?

***Cue the Yakkity Sax again... from the top.***

Word is Ware took money from agent. And by god i am fine with that. Having players good enough to get money from a agent means we are headed in the right direction. First it was getting guys not named Taylor or Seth, and getting football names like Zadarious and Bud. Now guys taking money. We start getting the street cred guys and we are well on our way. maybe a couple of arrest, no murders just a assault or two.

We better beat lil brother Friday. It's a toss up but we better f'n win. Otherwise I'm roaming the streets of Portland and the West End kicking anyone's ass wearing red. If I'm murdered in the process, make sure they play Happy Chandler's Senior Night 1988 version of MOKH at the funeral. Everyone is welcome to sing along.

Smh. Denzil? Music City Gift Bag not good enough for you? Don’t need another pair of beats by Dre? Huh? I suppose you already a Netflix subscription? Guess you don’t want this nice Movment watch? Hit the bricks loser! You don’t get any of this now!

Sorry, but did I read, “Crabcake Fettuccini Alfredo”?

***Cue the Yakkity Sax again... from the top.***

Yes you did. It was the daily special at Pacale’s Manale, an excellent Italian restaurant that has been around since 1913.

Officially, it was just called crab cakes, but it was served on a bed of fettuccine with crab meat and Alfredo sauce.

Not sure why that would deserve ridicule from the likes of you? Maybe you are picturing a frozen or powdered Alfredo sauce from Fazolli’s or Applebee’s? This was a delicious, creamy homemade sauce over handmade noodles at a legit Italian joint whose founders probably knew the original Schembaris.

I’d definitely order it again without giving a second thought to what Kooky Kats from the internet thinks. Thanks for replying, though.

I’d definitely order it again without giving a second thought to what Kooky Kats from the internet thinks. Thanks for replying, though.

Well if it was the special, you may not get to order it again.

I hate to break this to you William, but the daily special is usually the shit they are trying to get rid of because it’s getting old.

Glad you enjoyed it though.

Vanderbilt won't play in any actual games because the risk of re-injury is too great to his draft stock. But, rest assured he'll get cleared about 2 weeks after we lose in the tournament, have fantastic workouts, and enter the draft.

Enjoy.
Was waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy ahead on this btw tbh tfp

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT