ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mozart puts out a much better product than Sturgil Simpson! Just listen to it- you have to admit it! I know a lot of you love to hype Sturgil but you’re an idiot if you can’t see that Mozart is better!

I mean, F off, Geese.

-Finally, the day to actually pay attention to college football recruiting has arrived. Names are on the dotted line, so the *news* actually, you know, matters.

-I was way out in front on Mario Cristobal, and the guy can coach, but yeah.....that Oregon gig is not a good fit. He'd kill it in the southeast, but I don't see that working out. Feels like Oregon settled with the signing day quickly approaching.

-Ladies, if you've been around me and you want your men to smell that same way, here's the fragrance you're wondering about....queso.

-A work trip right before the holidays sucks. Coming back from said trip to a sick family sucks worse. We just can't have a completely healthy holiday break.

-"Star Wars" was probably the weakest of the bunch, sans the Lucas prequels, but was still okay overall. Will probably appreciate more with additional viewings.

-Along with coaching carousels and TV ratings, the third "outside the game" aspect of sports I'm always fascinated by is bowl game attendance, particularly how well a school does selling their ticket allotment. Read that USF(Cholly) sold only about 12 percent of their allotment for the Birmingham Bowl. I mean, I *get* that, but still....that's just embarrassing.

-Emmett Otter's Jug-Band Christmas.

-Happy Holidays.

Love how Carmelo leaves and the Knicks have a better record than his new/loaded team in OKC. #shocker

-I can't fathom an adult running out to a jam-packed movie theater to watch touching Star Wars with a bunch weirdo strangers in the middle of the day. Just mind boggling to me, feel sorry for some of you.

Who was the GYERO-ite who originally said "you don't want me in your Strategy"

Was that BBDK?

Cause that's been in my damn head off/on this week for no good reason

Never played Strategy

Loved Risk though

Reactions: roguemocha
Keep stirring the pot. This one has been brewing between you and me for a while now and we haven't had a good knock-down drag-out in a couple years.

Stay on your toes.

:scream:

Thanks for explaining to us simpletons why you and Kyle Tucker have to hold your noses while watching college basketball these days, bubba.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
^ this is what we're talking about when we refer to product, bruh.

I'm fully aware of what everyone is referring to. It doesn't matter to me. As high level and advanced as the NBA game is, and I like the NBA, I will never be able to sit and watch a game in its entirety. I'll flip back and forth, but I can watch whole college games. Maybe that's just me.

So you'd rather sit and watch 2.5 hours of a Big 10 hatchet fight with Michigan State and Indiana rather than flip over to TNT and watch Golden State run up and down the court *playing the game the way it was intended* against Houston?

Does pace of play, aesthetics of the game, or actual skill level mean so little to you? Aren't those things kind of crucial to the basketball experience?

BUT THE GYM WAS LOW LIT, THERE WAS A BAND PLAYING MONY MONY AND THE KIDS SEEM TO GET IT MORE GO BOILERMAKERS THAT FROSH CENTER PAINTER BROUGHT IN REALLY KNOWS HOW TO TAKE A CHARGE

GTFO, Kentuckiana.

So you'd rather sit and watch 2.5 hours of a Big 10 hatchet fight with Michigan State and Indiana rather than flip over to TNT and watch Golden State run up and down the court *playing the game the way it was intended* against Houston?

Does pace of play, aesthetics of the game, or actual skill level mean so little to you? Aren't those things kind of crucial to the basketball experience?

BUT THE GYM WAS LOW LIT, THERE WAS A BAND PLAYING MONY MONY AND THE KIDS SEEM TO GET IT MORE GO BOILERMAKERS THAT FROSH CENTER PAINTER BROUGHT IN REALLY KNOWS HOW TO TAKE A CHARGE

GTFO, Kentuckiana.

Why does anyone listen to Jay Z when they could just put on some Miles Davis?

I was explaining to my oldest the concept of taking a charge during his basketball games. I told him, "If someone is driving towards the basket and you're close, all you have to do is slide your feet and get in front of him. If he runs into you and knocks you down, that's a charge."

His response: "Why would I let someone run into me and knock me down? I don't want to do that."

I mean - he has a point.

Also, I'm glad everyone is starting to come around and join me in my long-held hatred of goofy white dudes playing high-level basketball. There's just no place for it imo.

Why does anyone listen to Jay Z when they could just put on some Miles Davis?

So you've seen La La Land, too. Big fan.

La-La-Land-Movie-22.jpg

And look, it's a weird relationship that I have with college basketball because I'm clearly more emotionally invested in it, both with Kentucky and with my job, than I am with any other sport. I'll never watch a Knicks game at a bar and have some loser ask my parents if I'm a mute. So yeah, I love college basketball.

That's why I want to see it progress. They don't have to do everything like the NBA. The 30-second shot clock is fine. The "advance the ball on a late timeout" rule that the NBA has is stupid, the women's college game implemented it last year and I hate it. 6 fouls though? Do it. Wider paint? Do it.

Prevent this, WKU and Rick Stansbury tears aside?

Do it.

One of the primary defensive principles is staying between your man and the basket. So a primary defender should be able to draw a charge if the offensive player just barrels over him. But this secondary player drawing a charge nonsense that Duke does is nonsense...and dangerous.

Also, I'm glad everyone is starting to come around and join me in my long-held hatred of goofy white dudes playing high-level basketball. There's just no place for it imo.

Can't have anybody labeled reverse racists. Token whiteys are a must to keep the integrity of the game.

Last freshman PG to put up these kinds of numbers (Young)- Kenny Anderson. And even he wasn’t doing 28p/10a. :flushed:

UKAA can go pound sand...

“Hey guys, I know you’re not even close to being a priority to us throughout the season but we really need you to pay us twice as much for worse bowl tix than you can buy literally anywhere else. If not, you’re not really a fan. Thanks!”

Bowl games are a shameless grift and racket I mean if we’re being honest with ourselves.

Eff ‘em. (but go cayuts)

I'm excited about the once in a lifetime opportunity to visit NASHVEGAS!!! All of my friends will be jealous when I tell them I got to drink a can of domestic beer while listening to live music.Can't get that just anywhere, nosiree Bob

I'm excited about the once in a lifetime opportunity to visit NASHVEGAS!!! All of my friends will be jealous when I tell them I got to drink a can of domestic beer while listening to live music.Can't get that just anywhere, nosiree Bob
They’ll be especially jealous when you bring out the flow chart

I like the Music City Bowl and don't look down on it at all. Just poking fun at the constant sucking off of a fun, but nothing special, city. Flying out of there Friday, so I'll report on their Chili's to-go [smoke]

* Just scored free court side tix for Saturday. Smug as touch.

* Got the Munoz (bacon wrapped filet topped with rock shrimp and shrooms) without the bernaise yesterday. Highly recommend.

Toughest call was crab bisque or the Freddy Salad. I didn't want Doc Boat to make fun of me so I skipped the salad and went with the soup. And I'd do it again.

* Stoops actually pulled in a nice class. Hopefully get at least one of the stud Cincy LBs we are still targeting (Peters/Oats) and I will be as happy as Huber in a Hooters.

Now we just need someone to coach them up...

* Peace, love and bitcoins to you all.

So we can pretty much count Wiseman in next year's class. When has there ever been rumors and speculation of recruit moving up, being eligible to, and not making the move? That gets him here for 2 years. That's unreal. Imagine Bagley or Davis in college for 2 season. Lolz.

Didn't realize this, from Tucker:
Wiseman plays on Penny Hardaway’s high school team, Memphis East, but also his loaded Nike AAU team. They could win the EYBL championship — a.ka. Peach Jam — this summer. But if Wiseman announces he’s reclassifying before that event in July, he isn’t eligible to play.

I mean, to each their own William.

But if I’m dining at a high end joint like Ruby’s, im not wasting my time on some bacon wrapped, covered, smothered piece of meat.

Hope they brought you ketchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT