ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give no fuc*s about Cincinnati. But I will defend NKY to the death. Come eat some aligators at Dixie after the bars close on Monmouth in Newport. Learn Kentucky.

7LIV63N.jpg

Reactions: Col. Angus
I give no fuc*s about Cincinnati. But I will defend NKY to the death. Come eat some aligators at Dixie after the bars close on Monmouth in Newport. Learn Kentucky.

Walking distance from my new crib so afterwards, come enjoy a nice bourbon...on me.

Reactions: WynnDuffy
It’s not Louisville I hate so much as Louisvillians. Weird bunch with a giant complex.

Louisville’s a quaint little town. Like a cross between Mayberry and 1985 Cincinnati. I can dig it.

Leave Lexington out of this peeny-wagging squabble, imo.

We've got a downtown hole, a good basketball team, a gay mayor, a pedestrian pizza scene, and we like it that way.

You give someone a minor metropolis on a murky river and they get all haughty and try to act like their patch of dirt is special and their pizza is cheesier. Boo and hiss.

Have had a helluva lot of fun in Louisville. Too bad my bestie down there apparently moved to BFE.

-The hole is no more. Sucker is filled with a parking garage and buildings are underway. :scream: Ruby's on the way.

-Southern, In is a quaint little adjacent. Jeff, Clarksville and New Albany have a few little restaurants, an aging defunct mall, and the city's outcasts. Very similar to another river adjacent. You can catch them on Live PD each week.

-It's not going in the yard Russ, it's going in the living room.

-
Wild Eggs gravy is top of the list. Ridiculous.

Favorite XMas song -> Baby it's Cold
Favorite Movie -> Vacation barely over Muppet Family Xmas
Favorite drink -> whiskey rocks
Favorite treat -> bourbon balls
Least favorite tradition -> Present exchange games

Last edited:
- Gotta go “Home Alone” but “The Night Before” is gaining on it.

That movie cracks me up. Seth Rogen is tremendous. Was literally crying in the theater when it came out.

- Favorite Christmas tradition- getting drunk in my uncle’s barn on Christmas Eve.

- Favorite Christmas Memory- seeing my parents’ faces while we opened gifts from Santa.

- I also love the festivity- wreaths, lights and such- at bars, restaurants, etc.

- Plus- awesome time during the college basketball season (even though college basketball sucks and is inferior to the NBA). Heart of the nonconference with SEC play on the horizon.

Ate at Wo Hop (the one downstairs) on Mott St. last Sunday (was in Manhattan with family), and it was fantastic. If anyone is heading to NYC over the holidays, check it out. It's old fashioned/Amercianized Chinese (General, Chop Suey, etc.) but it's been there since 1938. Be prepared to wait though (shocker) I got the beef with hot curry and it was [banana]

Chinese Hand Pulled/Ripped Noodles are the best food item in NYC, imo.

We hit Spicy Village (Big Tray Chicken, look it up) and Xi'an Famous Foods (Spicy Cumin Lamb) this last go around, both unreal.

-People that ruin Christmas treats with white chocolate can get f'd.

Reactions: _Chase_
Meh, GYERO hates eating/drinking.

One new/different thing we did do was the Downton Abbey exhibition. They took a huge (3 story) Midtown Building and re-created the home/sets, and made it museum-like with the original props/clothing/etc used, which was really neat to tour.

What a great show, if you haven't watched, shame on you imo. Didn't appeal to me at all on the surface, but ended up being one of my all time favorites.

Last edited:
Downton Dk...

Enjoying a fine Vienna roast this morning.

Kind of want some Chinese noodles now.

HOB- since I rejoined two months ago- is 80% football. Not complaining, just observing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT