ADVERTISEMENT

Reds

The end of the MILB season is rapidly approaching and the Reds have stuck their heads in the sand when it comes to promoting Rhett Lowder to Louisville. A few starts in AAA now, some Winter Ball and a great spring training could have him ready for Cincinnati next season. Think this organization gives a damn? Think again. It will be 2026 at the rate they are moving. Already planning to do the same with Chase Burns it seems.

The end of the MILB season is rapidly approaching and the Reds have stuck their heads in the sand when it comes to promoting Rhett Lowder to Louisville. A few starts in AAA now, some Winter Ball and a great spring training could have him ready for Cincinnati next season. Think this organization gives a damn? Think again. It will be 2026 at the rate they are moving. Already planning to do the same with Chase Burns it seems.
At an individual level, that sucks. Their problem is much larger than that, though. The scouting and management up and down the organization needs a reset. Individual players not getting the attention they should get is a symptom.

At an individual level, that sucks. Their problem is much larger than that, though. The scouting and management up and down the organization needs a reset. Individual players not getting the attention they should get is a symptom.
We've been beating that talking point to death here for years now. The Lowder example is just one of many I can name in that time. There is talent in the organization, it is a top 10 ranked farm system overall. Cincinnati can develop pitching. The development of position players, in particular outfielders and catching prospects is the biggest concern. Cincinnati routinely is an organization that will not fast track prospects like other teams such as the Braves.

Reactions: M4CAT
Seriously? They have been dead since day 1 w/ this group, and the most incompetent mgr in MLB.

All of the screaming by Sadak and the clueless fans over Elly's 2 game hit streak has turned into crickets....3 for his last 17 w/ a pathetic 11 K's.
I somewhat agree with what you say about being doomed since day one. Injuries before the season even began and dating back to last season has effected the entire 2024 season. Keeping around the inept Bell, Joel McKeithan, poor training staff and a front office with too many chiefs and not enough Indians who would rather sit on a deep farm system than try to be aggressive and improve this team. Until Bell is gone, this organization will not win anything in the postseason. Instead, Bob just gives them all another promotion without ever accomplishing anything to earn them.

I somewhat agree with what you say about being doomed since day one. Injuries before the season even began and dating back to last season has effected the entire 2024 season. Keeping around the inept Bell, Joel McKeithan, poor training staff and a front office with too many chiefs and not enough Indians who would rather sit on a deep farm system that try to be aggressive and improve this team. Until Bell is gone, this organization will not win anything in the postseason. Instead, Bob just gives them all another promotion without ever accomplishing anything to earn them.
Go to MLB.com, click on the Reds link then click on "Front Office." This organization is the very definition of "Top Heavy." Bet those listed, and it's almost too many to count, don't have a clue what most of these people are doing or are supposed to be doing. And their minor leagues are a joke. AA Chattanooga, and AA is just a heart beat away, is currently 40 games, that's FORTY games, below .500! Worst record in organized baseball. What's Lowder learning from that?

Reactions: NociHTTP
We've been beating that talking point to death here for years now. The Lowder example is just one of many I can name in that time. There is talent in the organization, it is a top 10 ranked farm system overall. Cincinnati can develop pitching. The development of position players, in particular outfielders and catching prospects is the biggest concern. Cincinnati routinely is an organization that will not fast track prospects like other teams such as the Braves.
It's still a symptom. Sounds like no one wants to know WHY it's happening. Me, personally, I think it's because they don't want to start the clock on these guys. Trading reasons. It's certainly not because the talent at the big league is so great that there isn't any room for the prospects.

It's still a symptom. Sounds like no one wants to know WHY it's happening. Me, personally, I think it's because they don't want to start the clock on these guys. Trading reasons. It's certainly not because the talent at the big league is so great that there isn't any room for the prospects.
Did anbody here disagree with you? I literally said it is a point we have been beating that dead horse for awhile now. Not sure why you would think no one wants to know why the Reds some of these guys aren't developing like a Austin Hendrick or a Jay Allen buried in the minor leagues for years now. Reds don't need to be worried about TOS clock when they are going to move these guys before their arbitration is up anyways and the latest collective bargaining rewards teams for fast tracking prospects if they place high in ROY voting. When organizations like Cincinnati choose to rebuild with fire sales every so often, can't afford to retain players, then they need to be more aggressive in calling up prospects like Atlanta or Tampa Bay with these narrow windows to contend in.

Go to MLB.com, click on the Reds link then click on "Front Office." This organization is the very definition of "Top Heavy." Bet those listed, and it's almost too many to count, don't have a clue what most of these people are doing or are supposed to be doing. And their minor leagues are a joke. AA Chattanooga, and AA is just a heart beat away, is currently 40 games, that's FORTY games, below .500! Worst record in organized baseball. What's Lowder learning from that?
Rhett Lowder has improved lately down there in Chattanooga so much that he should get called up. He is starting to come into his own and it is high time they move him to Louisville for a few starts if there is any shot of him joining the rotation to begin the 2025 season. Sometimes seasons like this happen when they push a load a prospects up to AAA like they did with Hinds, Aguilar, Hurtubise, Dunn, Arroyo would have been at AAA and last year with Marte, Richardson & Abbott to Cincinnati. Also, this season Zach Maxwell excelled down there, called up to Louisville and would love to see him in Cincinnati as a September call-up. My biggest concern still is the lack of depth with outfielders and catchers in this system should something else happen to Tyler Stephenson. No one in the system is close to being Major League ready yet.

It is a bunch that has their heads stuck up their asses. What is the point in keeping Rece Hinds in Louisville to delay the future and having Will Benson on the roster right now? One of Hinds best games as the NL Player of the Week he had multi-home run game vs the Marlins. Cincinnati plays Miami this past week and he is still down in Louisville. Hasn't been seen since the double-header was scheduled vs the Braves before it got postponed.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Did anbody here disagree with you? I literally said it is a point we have been beating that dead horse for awhile now. Not sure why you would think no one wants to know why the Reds some of these guys aren't developing like a Austin Hendrick or a Jay Allen buried in the minor leagues for years now. Reds don't need to be worried about TOS clock when they are going to move these guys before their arbitration is up anyways and the latest collective bargaining rewards teams for fast tracking prospects if they place high in ROY voting. When organizations like Cincinnati choose to rebuild with fire sales every so often, can't afford to retain players, then they need to be more aggressive in calling up prospects like Atlanta or Tampa Bay with these narrow windows to contend in.
And I'm literally telling you that it is not a dead horse. The problem isn't that they don't bring guys up fast enough, they simply don't have a system for building rosters. The Reds have routinely traded away talent, whether they're close to arbitration or not. They're not a well-run organization. When they're ready for a fire sale, they simply try and get rid of the most expensive contracts, without much else of a plan in place. Why you include Atlanta in the conversation is weird. That's an insult to Atlanta!

And I'm literally telling you that it is not a dead horse. The problem isn't that they don't bring guys up fast enough, they simply don't have a system for building rosters. The Reds have routinely traded away talent, whether they're close to arbitration or not. They're not a well-run organization. When they're ready for a fire sale, they simply try and get rid of the most expensive contracts, without much else of a plan in place. Why you include Atlanta in the conversation is weird. That's an insult to Atlanta!
You are literally the most unhinged person on this forum. Can't see that people agree with much of what you say. You are wrong if you think these players are getting promoted as fast as other organizations. The Atlanta reference went right over your head. Tampa Bay and Cleveland are two other small market teams who can rebuild and stay above .500 on a consistent basis. They are organizations that know how to develop talent from within and do so at a much faster rate than most teams. Something Cincinnati should be doing much better at than they are. That is why I bring other teams up in a coversation to prove it is being done and it is just one of the areas Cincinnati is deficient at in the minor league system. When you are a small market team and build teams with prospects instead of being big spenders, there is no time to be worried about player clocks when they are going to be traded off regardless someday. When you lose as much as Cincinnati has, there is no excuse for the pipeline to be bare of talent and it is not. Most of this team's issues are a result of injuries and David Bell.

For all of the issues they have and as awful as Bell is..A healthier Reds team would be above .500 this season had McLain not been hurt. CES was another huge piece to this team. Brandon Williamson as well. Friedl still getting his rhythm back after missing most of the year. Just got Pagan back, Suter injured, Gibaut hasn't pitched all year, Antone fell apart again. Martinez has been much better lately. On paper, a healthy Reds bullpen would be solid. They have the 4th lowest ERA in baseball anyway. The outfield is still a joke. We have solid outfielders with Friedl and Fraley but they cannot be a teams best outfielders. Cincinnati can definitely upgrade here. As someone mentioned above, leaving a player like Hinds down in Louisville after winning the NL Player of the Week with his power in GABP is one of the issues I have keeping prospects down in the minors too long when they should be up here.

Not every fire sale for the Reds have been about moving the most expensive contracts currently on the roster like Montas this year but the ones they know can't retain. The 2022 fire sale for example, Luis Castillo was making $7.35 million when he was dealt. One of the games best pitchers who now makes $24,150,000. Winker, barely making over $3 million at the time he was moved. Anyone is at risk to go. Suarez dealt that year too and made more $$ than both combined. It is a non-stop cycle, rinse and repeat when the Reds know they can't afford them in arbitration and free agency. They are traded while they still have more years of team control to get the best deal for prospects from teams to replenish a farm system that has talent. Of course not every prospect makes it and this organization has routinely dropped the ball on multiple can't miss, blue chip prospects. Cincinnati has done well with pitching. Like I said above. my biggest concern is getting depth in the outfield and catcher backing up Tyler. They don't lack talented infield prospects or in pitching.

No one here is arguing that the Reds are a poorly ran organization. Nor am I saying the Reds have only one issue that is holding them back and that being the rate these prospects are being promoted. The 'dead horse' comment you are stuck on isn't about the Reds issues, but in reference to how many times we've been bringing up these issues over and over here that you are talking about like it is some revelation that know one here has brought up yet in the 141 page thread. Much of what you say is true, the Reds are a poorly constructed roster with a garbage outfield in particular and the infield depth coming into the season has been stretched thin with McLain/CES injuries and Marte struggling after the PED suspension. The previous post about Rhett Lowder deserving a promotion wasn't to rehash every issue brought up in this thread that the Reds have but here we are.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT