ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard to win against a team whose QB has sold his soul to the devil.
It’s the only explanation for some of the situations he wiggles out of for a first down.
;):weary::([devil]

Mags going in pretty HARD on the post game show. Today seems like an odd breaking point for a lot of people between that intro and Tucker’s article. PawPaw also had an oddly cryptic tweet:

Reactions: Hankshaker
Today was piss poor on all fronts UK with the exception of Benny Snell, who we are lucky to have.

God bless Stephen Johnson, but we need a gunslinger moving forward.

Cats got the rape whistle today, but not like it really mattered.

Only positive can think of was the idea of the Gyeroman/SmugLife golf scramble gonna put together this spring. Think maybe a week or two after derby in May. Long drive contest, the works. Post game banquet at Tony’s. Evening bourbon bar festivities.

Who’s in?

The "you guys are delusional, be happy with seven wins, progress, bowl games!" argument is the same argument that national media used to defend Tubby. "Kentucky fans are nuts! He goes to the tournament every year! That's a hard thing to do! Twenty win seasons! Kentucky fans have lost their minds!"

Nope. We're just watching what's happening on the field/court.

The "you guys are delusional, be happy with seven wins, progress, bowl games!" argument is the same argument that national media used to defend Tubby. "Kentucky fans are nuts! He goes to the tournament every year! That's a hard thing to do! Twenty win seasons! Kentucky fans have lost their minds!"

Stupid F’ing comparison.

M

a) when Stoops wins a national title and multiple SEC championships your comparison might be a little bit better.

b) you are comparing UK football and UK basketball.

c) if Stoops were to leave UK today I would be very happy. I just don’t like the man.

Reactions: bradyjames
There is certainly a weird disconnect between Stoops and the fanbase given his relative success...and I think it's unfair to completely blame the fans.

His ultra-conservative approach whenever he gets even a smidgen of a lead is infuriating, as is his defensiveness about objectively stupid decision-making and his Billy Clyde like nonsense about working harder and those kinds of things.

It does not help Stoops that the stadium renovations and the Shame Shacks severely hurt the tailgate experience for casual fans. That (presumably) is not his fault.

We're UK. We don't expect to be great. Be we do expect to be *fun*. There isn't much that is fun for the average UK fan right now.

That said, we are at least respectable. So that's cool.

None of us sports fan in here are watching. Appreciate the heads up.

Fine. Hell of a game going on in Auburn, maybe we can talk about that instead of only commiserating in our misery about our shit again of a game today.

Or we can talk about this: Get any good deals on wack ass gear yesterday?

Reactions: Stonewall12
So who the best gyero golfers? Fields, Adrian, Killa?

Can anyone challenge my drive?

Gyeroman scramble. Lets do this.

Alabama basketball is playing against Minnesota 3 on 5 with 10 minutes left because their bench was ejected.

Stupid F’ing comparison.
It's not a comparison. It's the same argument being used about two very different things. I can make the same argument about a sandwich and it doesn't mean I compared a sandwich to Kentucky basketball.

Stoops isn't on the hot seat by any means, but that will probably change next season (assuming UK goes 4-8 or so and Commonwealth Stadium spends most of the year half full). What does his contract look like? If I'm reading it correctly,

2018: $3.75 million
2019: $4.00 million
2020: $4.25 million
2021: $4.50 million
2022: $4.75 million
2023: $5.00 million
Total: $26.25 million

Hypothetically, if Kentucky replaced him tomorrow, they'd owe him 75% of that (I think). That would come to over $19.5 million.

If they replace him after 2018, they'd still owe him $16.875 million.

Hell, they'd still owe him $13.875 million if they fired him after 2019.

That's all assuming UK has to pay 75% of his remaining contract after being terminated.

Long story short, even with an empty Commonwealth Stadium, Stoops is probably gonna be in Lexington for a while.

GBB!!!

Bret Bielema went 29-34 (11-29 in the SEC) in 5 years at Arkansas and was fired coming off the field in his final game. Stoops has gone 26-35 (12-28) in 5 years and just received an automatic contract extension and has one of the highest buyouts in college football.

Reactions: Booker Noe
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT