ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcus Lee averaging 12p 9r early on as well.

Who has developed the most as a player under our Cal tenure? Tough to say, as most haven't stayed around enough for us to see. Hawkins? Maybe WCS?

Gotta be WCS. Came in as a very raw 7 footer ranked composite #38 that could barely score on his little high school team and kinda hated to actually touch a basketball to making the SEC All-Freshman team, All-Defense team twice, NABC Defensive player of the year/1st team All-SEC/SEC DPOY/1st team All-American as a junior and turned into the #6 overall pick.

Not bad for a black hipster that would probably rather collect coins than shoot layups.

This dude came a long way as well
John+Calipari+Deandre+Liggins+NCAA+Basketball+SvEmfSfoiSNl.jpg

Josh Harrellson. Dude went from a corncob sitting in a shitter stall to dropping 17 and 10 on a 1st round pick in the tournament

Cal was going to kick him off the team over trivial shit and then he dominated Louisville and bounced basketballs off of Sullinger like a boss.

Liggins also registers.

Marcus Lee averaging 12p 9r early on as well.

Who has developed the most as a player under our Cal tenure? Tough to say, as most haven't stayed around enough for us to see. Hawkins? Maybe WCS?

WCS easy. Kansas fans claimed he wasn’t one of the five best high school players in Kansas. Cal had him as NDPOY, 1st Team AA and a Top 6 draft pick by his junior year.

Josh Harrellson. Dude went from a corncob sitting in a shitter stall to dropping 17 and 10 on a 1st round pick in the tournament

Goddamnit, will you people please stop this?

I like Josh Harrelson, but he averaged 8 and 9 as a senior. Within 5 more years, some of you will be calling for his jersey in the rafters. It's amazing how dominant he's become since leaving Kentucky. [eyeroll]

Reactions: WayneDougan
The thought of our defense trying to tackle Lamar Jackson just kinda sad. Courtney Love needs not play beyond first down. Great kid, anart player, but dude runs a 5 flat and that ain't gonna do it in the SEC.

Wish we'd play West as a hybrid LB/DB he's perfect for that spot or just a flat out 'go get the MF with the ball' OLB as he clearly struggles mentally on play fakes. I mean the guy is 210 already put 15-20lbs of muscle on him in the offseason and he immediately becomes one of the top cover LBs in the SEC and we see what he does against the run at 210.

Wenyen seems like a guy who will get dunked on alot.

Towns, while only here a year, had a major transformation under Cal. He hated going inside when he first got here, hated it. By the end of the season he had multiple posts moves, was an *elite* college defender which more forget about

He took someone who was about to be kicked off the team for being a slow ass lazy ass pouty terrible bitch and made him a serviceable big man on a Final Four team with notable/important big games.

The number of kids who were "transformed" by Cal is pretty short, given the base level most Cal kids start out at. Nobody said anything about him being an all time great :rolleyes:

Kids don't leave UK for development reasons or embarrassment about not being a OAD...they leave because we bring in a slew of top rated recruits year after year and either they are good with the competition or afraid to get buried on the bench.

So, little extra love from me for guys like SKJ who gut it out.

WCS may have improved the most under Cal but he reverted back to his mediocrity in his final game, when we needed that defensive prowess the most. One of the most disappointing individual performances in a big time game by a UK player in history. That's what I think of when I think of ol' Willy. He's a good person though. Hope he's jubilant while chasing butterflies and coloring sidewalks with rainbow chalk.

I'm pretty bummed on how poor PJ Washington has looked so far this season. I thought that guy would come in right away and be an inside/out monster, exploit mismatches and cause general havoc end-to-end.

Turns out he's a bull in a china shop (not in a good way) with terrible hands and a penchant for either getting his shit stripped or swatted. He's completely lost out there and has no idea what his role is which may explain why he's a turnover machine. I'm praying it starts to slow down for him soon and understands when to do things but right now it's an effing mess. Definitely whiffed on him being insta-impact.

I know they're young or whatever but right now they're just a miserable team to watch across the board. Might be the most disinterested I've been in Cal's tenure. Just a whole lot of MEH.

Not disinterested here, just keeping my eye on the prize. Definitely the least emotionally invested I’ve been early, by design.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
Really hope Chip Kelly makes the wrong decision and picks UCLA over Florida.

We ain't ever beating Florida as long as he's there. That damn streak may get up to 40 or 50 years.

GUARD A DAMN RECEIVER, MARK, YOU BALDING GRAY-HATTED MEATHEAD.

(Frankly, I'd almost rather talk about the 2015 loss to Wisconsin in basketball than the 2017 loss to Florida in football.)

Reactions: BradentonCatFan
Look.......Florida was going to score regardless. Not covering a receiver just happened to give us more time to get the FG opportunity.

Reactions: sinker16
John Calipari and Mark Stoops are terrible. That could just be post-dentist redass talking.

And the best development of a Kentucky player during this recent run has been Marquis Teague. In the span of about 15 games, he went from "this guy can't play at all" to "we can't afford for this guy to not be on the floor", which is a huge stride for a freshman point guard in a short time.

Last edited:
Teague also had Rod fng Strickland mentoring him.
It doesn’t get any better than that.

Now we have gum chewing yes man who hangs his hat on SABERMETRICS and being the past head coach of Woodberry Forest Prep School.

We don’t need yes men on this staff and that’s what we have with Justice and Barbee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT