ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing kids don't go outside and play football Thanksgiving morning like they used to.

Their loss IMO. What a magical tradition.
I’m doing yeoman’s work to further the cause. Friday though, with childhood buddies nonetheless....haven’t missed one since grade school. Had to (thankfully) give up playing tackle a few years ago because old.

To your point this year I’m bringing my eldest to get some reps off the pine. Coming off an undefeated city championship season in flag football, he’s pumped he got the call up while BRax’s hoodlums are busy rolling their bats.

Doing my best to keep alive the pomp, the pageantry of Backyard Turkey Football.

If any of you guys need some extra boys for neighborhood kid football games holla. My little animals haven't tasted blood in a few weeks. They're getting that itch

This basketball team is boring and they suck. I don't blame anyone for not going to the games. Also they all look the same. Idk who is who. Except wenyen.

Thanksgiving - the GOAT. Traditional food wth the inlaws tomorrow, Mexican at my families Friday, and Gatlinburg, Tennessee Saturday. Can't wait to ride the sky lift and look at the beautiful lights scattered like a thousand diamonds on the majestic smoky mountains. Fingers crossed it doesn't burn down while I'm there again.

Robes is invaluable from a sideline standpoint & that’s no longer.
Robes wants an Easter Egg
maxresdefault.jpg

The team is not exciting or fun to watch boohoo. Actually my interest has not waned in the slightest. The unknown of how this works out is intriguing and while I'm not sure we even win the SEC let alone the NCAA, I don't think this is a 2013 rehash.

The pace of play compared to last year is jarring. This may be the biggest adjustment most people are having to make. It is like night and day.

I think they are better defensively this year compared to last. Yeah they make mistakes that lead to easy baskets but the overall length appears to bother teams causing them to shoot poorly (Kansas just hit a school record 19 3's in a game) and it makes up for mistake.

PJ Washington has been a disappointment for me compared to the small sample size we saw of him in the preseason. It is understandable but hopefully he puts it together because he has the potential to be a nightmare.

They are shooting 37% from 3 which surprised me actually. Knox, Green and SGA all shooting 40% and above (SGA is a only 2-5 tho) that is a pretty decent clip. I think Gabriel is better than his 30% and I think Diallo's 28% is probably spot on tho. those are your main 3 ball takers.

Green is the pg. The team just runs better with him at the helm. He will learn in time how to defend but sometimes baptism by fire is the best way to do it. His teammates also need to learn what to do to help him out.

I have never really listened to Cal's post game pressers in the past. I don't know why but I have been this year and they are strangely calming for me. Maybe American Pickers would do the same but I'm not sure.

So yeah they suck but I still watch cause I'm a Kentucky Fan. I wish they were playing in this PK80 thing but I don't think they are ready for that.

Last edited:
The team is not exciting or fun to watch boohoo. I actually find this season very interesting and have not waned in my interest really at all. I've tempered my expectations in a hope that it prevents me from flying off the rails but I'm sure the first sight of floppy bang asshole on the standard Tuesday night SEC road game will undo that. But the unknown of how this works out is intriguing and while I'm not sure we even win the SEC let alone the NCAA, I don't think this is a 2013 rehash.

The pace of play compared to last year is jarring. This may be the biggest adjustment most people are having to make. Last year they were flying like rockets up and down the court from the outset while also making few turnovers in the process. These year they are plodding and turning the ball over a lot. The guards simply are not as good or ready for prime time as they were last year. That's okay tho because last year was pretty atypical even for our very best teams.

I think compared to where they were last year this is a markedly better defensive team. Last year's team was horrendous early which was masked by how easy they were scoring the ball. As soon as teams slowed us down a bit in SEC (or managed to out score us UCLA) it became glaring. Yeah this year they make mistakes that lead to easy baskets often but the overall length appears to bother teams (Kansas included who just hit a school record 19 3's in a game) causing them to shoot poorly and it makes up for many more mistakes currently happening.

PJ Washington has been a disappointment for me compared to the small sample size we saw of him in the preseason. He looked like the most ready player for a hot minute. It is understandable but still was hoping he would be a stud match up problem from the get go. Hopefully he puts it together because he has the potential to be a nightmare.

They are shooting 37% from 3 which surprised me actually. Thanks to Knox, Green and SGA all shooting 40% and above (SGA is a only 2-5 tho) that is a pretty decent clip. I think Gabriel is better than his 30% and I think Diallo's 28% is probably spot on tho. Is Vanderbilt considered a good shooter?

Green is the pg. I don't care if the opposing team's pg torches him for 30 the team just runs better with him at the helm. SGA is too turnover prone and it sputters when he is the main guy. Green seems like a smart coachable kid and will learn in time how to defend but some times baptism by fire is the best way to do it. His teammates also need to learn what to do to help him out.

I have never really listened to Cal's post game pressers in the past. I don't know why but I have been this year and they are strangely calming for me. Maybe American Pickers would do the same but I'm not sure.

So yeah they suck but I still watch cause I'm a Kentucky Fan. I wish they were playing in this PK80 thing but I don't think they are ready for that.

TLDR

Reactions: Geese Feeder
* Glad to see Marcus Lee putting up big numbers for Cal.

* COUNTERPOINT: Cal is currently losing to Chaminade by 16 in the 2nd half.

* Collin Sexton is gonna go for 40 against UK's guards absent significant defensive improvement. That boy's good.

Reactions: _Chase_
This is the youngest team Cal has ever had at UK, which is saying something. There's such a small sample size, none of you college basketballs know how to "analyze" this team (/noJustice) because none of you have any idea what they are gonna do in 3 months. I know I don't.

I do know this - they would develop into a hell of a team by year 3. Unless, of course, their confidence shattered in year 2 because they had to shame themselves to come back after the draft.

Making party mix this afternoon. What do you all put in yours? If you put pretzels and/or Cheez-its in yours, you are enemy of the state.
-Rice Chex
- Whet Chex
- Corn Chex
- Cheerios
- Almonds, peanuts, pistachios, cashews, beer nuts
- Melted butter, Worchstershire sauce, garlic salt, onion powder, cayenne, salt, pepper, all-spice.

We can become enemies of the state for what we put in our party mix now? Good lord.

*For the record, I buy my party mix and it’s glorious.

Reactions: Mashburned
Cheez-its are great. Just not in party mix.

Good For The State gave Jay Wright's ball club a nice game. Weird seeing all of these young Kentucky kids playing for a Kentuckian and me hoping they get beat badly. Thanks, GYERO.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
[QUOTE="ukwizard, post: 6350499, member: 1278"

I have never really listened to Cal's post game pressers in the past. I don't know why but I have been this year and they are strangely calming for me. Maybe American Pickers would do the same but I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, it would

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT