ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday Shorts:

- Came thisclose to putting an offer down on this dope newly remodeled house in Bellevue right off the avenue- which has become a charming little area- but found out the dude used green board behind the tiles in all three bathrooms. Apparently, you’ll have to totally redo your shower in a few years (happened to the in-laws last year) because of mold and such. So, we’re out on that one. Who knows what else the guy cheaped on. Loved the area and house- first one she and I have agreed upon. Even had a big backyard for Blue. Oh well.

- So apparently Silver wants to eliminate OAD and offer kids the ability to go pro high school with a mandatory year in the G-league or spend two years in college. Hope these bitches moaning and groaning about OAD enjoy seeing college basketball becoming even more irrelevant.

- Herro is cocky AF. Opponents are going to hate that dude.

- UC and X are both legit F4 contenders this year. Best UC squad since 2001.

- 20th year HS reunion Saturday night. Skipped 5/10/15 but looking forward to seeing everyone.

I was waiting for this. AWFUL. I miss when Tommy and Cool cat policed fools like Mamba, Nameless, Skaggs, catsfanbgky, ukwizard, KennedyUk, Stonewall, UKRob73

You could talk better if you took GYERO's dick out of your mouth. WTF are you to say who and how someone can post ? GFY.[cheers]

I've hung a lot of drywall, etc. back in the day and while it sucked at the time, I thank the maker almost every day for it.

When we bought a house, stuff that horrified the wife was really no big deal and stuff that everyone glossed over made me shudder. Having some construction experience (even if menial) is really, really useful, imo.

Thinking. What jobs would you insist your teenager / early 20s take.

My list:
  1. Waiting tables. Learn how to serve people, how to listen and follow directions, and how to be pleasant when people are angry. Also, the trim is nice and it is an appropriate way to experience recreational drug use without being a junky. All good things to know.

2. Construction. Doesn't matter what kind. There is an innate value of knowing how to do shit and fix shit. And how to show up at the butt crack of dawn hungover as all hell and still put in a full day's worth of work.

3. Direct sales. It sucks and is usually slimy but it teaches you how to thrive later.
You have a kid do that it would be hard for him or her to not succeed in life, imo (so long as they don't get into smack.)

Willie basically not showing up during the Wisconsin game is a huge black mark in his UK legacy. That he continues to do such things in the NBA is really no surprise.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
-green board is fine behind tile...unless it is in the actual shower/bathtub nook. Honestly if you maintain grout and caulk it can be used in wet areas.

-Even so don't let 5k of demo/tile work scare you off a house that you both like and is in your price range. Offer him 5k less and fix when the time comes.

It’s in the showers.

Guy with one of the most bad ass boats in the marina is a contractor...Shew, if I only knew back then.

-You should jump all over that house if you both liked it. Having an obvious issue is perfect opportunity to get aggressive on the offer. Just have to remember you're buying an older home and issues are going to arise. Still doh, IMO you can't beat older homes. Touch some of the boring ass new construction stuff.

The play is obviously -> Negotiate the price own due to the issue. Open 2 southwest chase cards. Contract the work to be done before move in. Get 100k SW points, companion pass, new shower and house you both love. Boom.

I watch a lot of HGTV, but I'm not sure I've ever seen credit card reward points negotiated into a home purchase contract.

Ya but he only played one half of a game. If Monk or Murray only played one half their numbers would be significantly down, sometimes it wouldn't be until halfway through the second half before they starting heating up and went on a scoring run, Booker never got that opportunity.

As resident tastemaker, I wanted to check-in on something: Has GYERO started to catch up to living that Bidet-Life, or are you all still human monsters?

I know you guys are dying for a review of my recent Amazon purchase, the Greenco Bidet Fresh Water Spray Non-Electric Mechanical Bidet Toilet Seat Attachment.

It is awesome. Please know that I now consider all bidet-less peoples as unwashed subhumans and I can't believe I used to count myself among you.

One great mystery remains: Who are these iron-sphinctered maniacs that need to crank the dial up past the second dot (of six). It will spray you a new asshole if you let it. Daggone.

-This Michael Porter(non-USC football recruit) situation is shady. It ain't just his leg/hip/nuts, whatever.

-Already tired of the "Rupp empty seats HOT TAKES" that will show up again tonight.

-If Jimbo didn't leave for LSU, why would he leave for TAMU? In terms of facilities and recruiting base, they're pretty similar. Until Saban leaves, I just don't know why someone at an elite program would step into the SEC West until the power structure changes a bit.

-"Mike and Mike" hanging it up today. That show would have been great if it had just featured their guests talking, with neither Mike actually involved, or even in the studio at all.

Cannot wait to see Terry (T-Dub) Wilson in the blue and anthracite. More like Gunnar Nope.
022g7yroql6sb7ux.jpg

Easy decision to replace a Stephen Johnson with Terry Wilson.

...can't imagine what it's like to play for such a dogshit franchise. I'd demand a trade yesterday....

I know it's easy for me to tell an NBA guy to take less money, but when these rookie contracts are up, I'd move as fast as possible from the Sacs, NOs, Charlottes and even Atlantas of the NBA and get somewhere that cares about basketball. Consider it the cost of doing business.

I haven't posted in GYERO 1-2 years? I can't remember. A lot of awfulness now in GYERO. I miss the days when I could easily retain my title as the worst poster.

Will - You still live in Lexington?

The blowout on 65 and the 5+ hours we spent in sears/wal-mart waiting for a new tire was miserable.

I go to Court everyday and argue over who gets the fridge, or the non-HD TV. Life is great.

-Good buddy of mine just got picked up by the Jaguars. They play in Nashville on NYE. Should be absolutely wild.

-The Dan Le Batard Show >>>>>> Mike and Mike.

-I don't know why there is such a movement to try and change the one and done rule. It seems to be beneficial for both CBB and NBA. Mainly my team benefits the most from it, so I don't want it to change.

-Re: Rupp student section debacle ([sick]). The students who should be going to the games - the ones who know basketball and are hardcore fans - watch the games at home or the bars. When I was on campus it always seemed like the out of state kids or the kids who don't drink were the ones talking about being the in eRUPPtion Zone. Just my observation.

-Absolutely dreading Thanksgiving.

-This post game interview is magical.

...hardcore fans - watch the games at home or the bars. When I was on campus it always seemed like the out of state kids or the kids who don't drink were the ones talking about being the in eRUPPtion Zone. Just my observation.
Nothing says "hardcore fan" more than turning down ten dollar tickets to see the team from the lower level. I paid fifty bucks apiece for two uppers tonight. Driving down an hour and change from Louisville.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT